Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Fringe

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Mike

Does anyone watch this TV show? I can't believe that I missed this until a friend at work said I'd like it. We were both LOST fans, and Fringe comes from one of the two guys who wrote for LOST. I don't watch much TV at all, and everything since LOST ended has fallen short.

What an amazing show this is! Right now my son and I are speeding through Fringe Season 1, which I got from the library. NO SPOILERS PLEASE if you've watched it, or at least warn me that you're going to spoil something so I can skip your post.

I did the same thing with LOST. I caught onto it in the middle of the second to last season and caught up in time to watch the final season as it aired. Fringe was on the ropes, rumored to be ending, but they announced one more season starting next fall, so that might be its last season as well.

Fringe - very, very cool!

I liked the first few episodes but lost interest in subsequent ones as I began to find them a tad unrealistic and unexciting .....

OK that's a spoiler and you can skip my post.... But it's too late now as you've already read it ! :biglol

:couch

I liked the first few episodes but lost interest in subsequent ones as I began to find them a tad unrealistic and unexciting .....

OK that's a spoiler and you can skip my post.... But it's too late now as you've already read it ! :biglol

Spoiler alert!! You quit too soon! It's fantastic!
Spoiler alert!! It's fiction! It's not supposed to be real! ;)

My guess is you didn't get into LOST, because J.J. Abrams brought a lot from that show to this one. It has to be watched intently for people and symbolism that might seem like nothing but play a key role.

Is there anyone with taste who watches Fringe? :lol

Does anyone watch this TV show?
Ummm....YEAH!

Mike said:
I can't believe that I missed this until a friend at work said I'd like it. We were both LOST fans, and Fringe comes from one of the two guys who wrote for LOST. I don't watch much TV at all, and everything since LOST ended has fallen short.

What an amazing show this is! Right now my son and I are speeding through Fringe Season 1, which I got from the library. NO SPOILERS PLEASE if you've watched it, or at least warn me that you're going to spoil something so I can skip your post.

I did the same thing with LOST. I caught onto it in the middle of the second to last season and caught up in time to watch the final season as it aired. Fringe was on the ropes, rumored to be ending, but they announced one more season starting next fall, so that might be its last season as well.

Fringe - very, very cool!
My wife and I started watching it only sometime last season and we haven't seen any of the episodes from before then. lol I think we may end up buying them. Fantastic show.

John Noble (Walter Bishop; Lord Denethor in LOTR) is brilliant and so funny.

Free, :thumbsup

I would be sure to borrow (from the library), rent or buy the seasons you haven't, so you know how all the store lines were established. My son quickly spotted the LOTR connection. Outstanding!

Maria, you're definitely not alone! :)

I think I have a very high standard when it comes to TV. Maybe it's just that I'm very picky. I'm catching up with Fringe on dvd's now, and there is no show that I watch otherwise; only sports, news and a documentary here and there. A show has to really be amazing for it to grab and keep me. LOST was the last one I kept up with.

Fringe has the feeling of a big screen movie every single episode, IMO.

I look so forward to Friday nights and new episodes of Fringe. I forgot that we could probably take the old episodes out from the library instead of buying them but I cannot even remember the last time I was at a public library. Guess I'll have to get a membership again.

How many episodes per season, Mike? I need to plan watching them so we don't go through too quickly but so we get them done in time for next season.

Maria, you're definitely not alone! :)

I think I have a very high standard when it comes to TV. Maybe it's just that I'm very picky. I'm catching up with Fringe on dvd's now, and there is no show that I watch otherwise; only sports, news and a documentary here and there. A show has to really be amazing for it to grab and keep me. LOST was the last one I kept up with.

Fringe has the feeling of a big screen movie every single episode, IMO.
You liked lost too? I loved lost and am in the process of watching it again.
As far as t.v goes I watch very little as there is nothing on that takes my interest, like you I have high standards when it comes to t.v shows..

Lost is no longer on TV so i bough six dvds for each season and i'm on the 6th and last season right now, i wonder what will happen to the Black smoke...:):tongue
And after this i will try that Fringe

Lost is no longer on TV so i bough six dvds for each season and i'm on the 6th and last season right now, i wonder what will happen to the Black smoke...:):tongue
And after this i will try that Fringe
lost is just awesome! I'm sure you'll enjoy fringe, let us know what you think

There are a lot of similarities between LOST and Fringe. Abrahms has a recipe for writing these shows that is right up my alley. He really knows how to hook viewers like me.

Free, season 1 had 18 episodes, and I think season 2 is about the same. My library system lends them out as full seasons for 3 weeks. No charge is quite a bargain! :thumbsup

LOST SPOILER ALERT!!

I think I'm going to be one of those Treki-types that can't let go of LOST. I'll be going to LOST conventions when I'm 75. :help I've never been hung up on a movie or a TV show like this one. And to think how I used to rag on it mercilessly when it was on. "Oh, that's so fake! That's so lame! How come they did that? That doesn't fit!" But if someone who wasn't a fan criticized it, there'd be trouble! :lol

I knew they would never tie up all the loose ends to LOST, and they sure didn't. But, I think in the end, it was the best they could possibly do. Jack lying on the ground staring up at the sky like the very first scene of the premier show.

Loved Locke. He was the deepest character I've ever seen on any show. Loved Sayid. Loved Ben. Loved Richard. I loved how they spent full episodes showing the back-stories of these characters. I loved how they would play "Catch a Falling Star" at times. There's something unsettling when you hear a child's lullaby during a thriller. Kinda creepy. Kinda fantastic. :)

Best show ever, for me. LOST. But Fringe is pretty cool too. We just watched a few episodes from the second season, and they showed the back-story of Peter. :thumbsup

Back to LOST, I leave you with this... :clap

[video=youtube;Dcr40jJqeAI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dcr40jJqeAI[/video]

LOST SPOILER ALERT!!

I think I'm going to be one of those Treki-types that can't let go of LOST. I'll be going to LOST conventions when I'm 75. :help I've never been hung up on a movie or a TV show like this one. And to think how I used to rag on it mercilessly when it was on. "Oh, that's so fake! That's so lame! How come they did that? That doesn't fit!" But if someone who wasn't a fan criticized it, there'd be trouble! :lol

I knew they would never tie up all the loose ends to LOST, and they sure didn't. But, I think in the end, it was the best they could possibly do. Jack lying on the ground staring up at the sky like the very first scene of the premier show.

Loved Locke. He was the deepest character I've ever seen on any show. Loved Sayid. Loved Ben. Loved Richard. I loved how they spent full episodes showing the back-stories of these characters. I loved how they would play "Catch a Falling Star" at times. There's something unsettling when you hear a child's lullaby during a thriller. Kinda creepy. Kinda fantastic. :)

Best show ever, for me. LOST. But Fringe is pretty cool too. We just watched a few episodes from the second season, and they showed the back-story of Peter. :thumbsup

Back to LOST, I leave you with this... :clap

[video=youtube;Dcr40jJqeAI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dcr40jJqeAI[/video]
Although I didn't like the ending to lost it does make me cry every time..I'm a softy really!

I think it was John Locke who said this... " you did not chose to be here but the Island chose you to be here ,and for that very reason we are doing this!":thumbsup

Jacob , i really like Jacob he is a role model of a good steward.

And Ben, :lol:lol he thought that he could summon the black smoke but the truth is the black smoke is the one summoning him....

Although I love lost and Fringe my favorite has to be "Dexter", I am totally addicted. Can't wait for the next season!:thumbsup

Anyone else excited? This Friday....the beginning of the end.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back