Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Frustrations

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
D

deadmanwalkin

As much as I hate being a downer, I hate being down even more. I am 22 and find myself in a daze! I am completely lost. It seems as though every time I get knocked down I get up and seek the lord's help only to get knocked down again! I'm sick of it, I need some help cause I'm ready to just drop out.

I am constantly being attacked spiritually, ridiculed and takin advantage of at work, and my love life is null. Where is my help, where is the easy yoke I've been promised. I know my burdens pale in comparison to those less fortunate but that doesn't make it any less painful.

I know I have a reason to exist, lest God would cease to let me breath, yet I feel like I'm in the fight of my life, and am alone.

I have so many thoughts rushing my head, I just want calm. And every time I ask for help from God there's silence, so does God blocking me out, I know he did that kinda stuff in the old testament , if that's it then what did I do to deserve God's cold shoulder?

It seems like your going through quite a bit right now. I don't know where you are in your relationship with God at the moment, but I just encourage you to trust Him with everything you've got. God will never leave you nor forsake you, it may seem like He is quiet at the moment but He is still there. If your not having a quiet time with God in the mornings I really encourage you to do so. It will help everything. It says in Psalms that if we delight ourself in the Lord, He will give us the desires of our heart. Delight means to take pleasure in. We take pleasure in the Lord by spending time with Him and really enjoying it. We read His Word, talk to Him, sing praises to Him, and rest in Him. Once you begin to really enjoy the time you have with God, you'll notice that you'll begin to have new desires. Your desires will begin to conform to the Lord's will for your life, and as a result God will grant you those desires as you continue to seek after Him. Keep seeking God and asking Him to reveal Himself to you. He might not do it immediately but as you continue to spend time with Him, He will begin to reveal Himself to you.

I pray that you remain encouraged, because here I am as a 20 year old young christian woman who had everything planned out, and ive been denied by all seven nursing schools that ive applied too. I had a job as a tutor but of course the school year for public schools ended so ive been out of work for the whole summer, so i cant say i know how your feeling because were going through different things, but i know what it feels like to have many doors close in front of your face by life. Whats been helping me is the peace of God that surpasses all understanding.

Whenever bad things happen in our lives, its Gods way of testing us, im praying i pass this test he is giving me because i really feel like cheating but i cant because he knows the plans for me Jeremiah 29:11. God has so much he wants to do with our lives but we really have to trust him even in the darkest times. I thought i would have lost my mind and ran back to my old lifestyle, but God has kept be focused on him and off the fact that life is a little crazy right now, I pray that you may pass this test he is putting you through and TRUST HIM!

deadmanwalkin said:
As much as I hate being a downer, I hate being down even more. I am 22 and find myself in a daze! I am completely lost. It seems as though every time I get knocked down I get up and seek the lord's help only to get knocked down again! I'm sick of it, I need some help cause I'm ready to just drop out.

I am constantly being attacked spiritually, ridiculed and takin advantage of at work, and my love life is null. Where is my help, where is the easy yoke I've been promised. I know my burdens pale in comparison to those less fortunate but that doesn't make it any less painful.

I know I have a reason to exist, lest God would cease to let me breath, yet I feel like I'm in the fight of my life, and am alone.

I have so many thoughts rushing my head, I just want calm. And every time I ask for help from God there's silence, so does God blocking me out, I know he did that kinda stuff in the old testament , if that's it then what did I do to deserve God's cold shoulder?

I feel your pain, it seems like the harder I try to make my current relationship work, the worse it gets. It seems like everytime I ask for help, I become lost yet again, my frustrations are starting to build up, and overwhelm me. I know coming from a stranger this may not mean much, but I pray for you, and I pray that God helps you pass this test.

sunshine.

Sweetheart, don't be discouraged. God loves you, and I'm not just saying that. I really mean it cuz when I started reading your message, I left so much love and compassion for you. God never promised us an easy life but he sure did promised that we are more than conquerors through Christ from troubles and hardship (Romans 8:37). God loves you so much that He will do immeasurably more than all ask we ask or imagine according to His power that is at work within us (Epehsians 3:20). No weapons formed against You will prosper (Isaiah 54:17). Put on the whole armour of God everyday (Ephesians 6:10-20) to reverse the darts of the enemy. You need extraordinary and supernatural favors and breakthroughs from God and He is going to grant them to you. I pray that God will send His warrior and guardian angels over you to heal you, deliver you and protect you, and may you experience His love, joy, peace, blessings, success and favors from now on .. You are going to live a victorious life through Jesus Christ (1 Corinthians 15:57).

:pray :pray :pray :pray :pray

I'm in the exact same boat. I feel like other Christians think they're above me. I feel like girls don't like me. I haven't had a girlfriend in 7 years. My dad committed suicide 4 years ago. I can only fake smile and fake laugh so much. It makes me sick we have to always look happy so other people can see our "joy", but it's not really there. I've been praying to God for years to show me His purpose for me. I'm going to college and working on my degree in a small college town, nothing really jumps out at me as far as purpose. Good thing for forums so I don't feel so trapped in my mind.

I'm in the exact same boat. I feel like other Christians think they're above me. I feel like girls don't like me. I haven't had a girlfriend in 7 years. My dad committed suicide 4 years ago. I can only fake smile and fake laugh so much. It makes me sick we have to always look happy so other people can see our "joy", but it's not really there. I've been praying to God for years to show me His purpose for me. I'm going to college and working on my degree in a small college town, nothing really jumps out at me as far as purpose. Good thing for forums so I don't feel so trapped in my mind.

Hrm. I never felt a purpose either, but I realized that there were things I was holding back from giving to God, which means that at that time I loved those things more then I loved God.

Once I gave over more, my purpose began to show and closeness with God got to a level I didn't know existed. It's a roller coaster ride, sometimes with big success and sometimes big failure, but the long term trajectory is always up, towards closeness with Him.

Is there anything you're holding back from God? Lust/Soundness of mind? Giving/Tithing? Trust about finding a wife?

Just give it all to Him man. There's no better feeling then the closeness that can result.

Read through the gospel of John and pay attention to Jesus's teaching of both the Father's love and the absolute requirement for repentance and love towards one and other.

Also Ive compiled a few quotes that provide a balanced view of both god's love and the necessity to repent and love.

View attachment 2130

;)

All the things your getting God promised. He told us our road is not an easy one. I believe God allows us to fall so that we know the difference between being in his will and being outside. If it all felt the same we wouldnt strive so hard to get it. Being a follower of Christ is more than a full time job;its not easy but the reward surpasses anything imaginable. We have all wanted to give up especially those times when we felt like our prayers and lamentations didnt get passed the ceiling, those situations is when our faith grows and we pray til something happens in our lives. stay encouraged!

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back