Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Gaming

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I would never buy a gaming computer of a "brand" e.g. Dell, HP, Acer etc. since they are usually way overpriced than that the hardware inside of them is worth.
Buying the parts and then assembling it is the best way to go! For $750 you can get a gaming desktop that can run about all games on high-max! :)
True.

I'm a casual gamer. I play for fun. I don't like super difficult games and I don't have the time to play to get good at them. (As a result, my brother is always telling me I "suck at gaming".)

We have an XBox 360, a Wii-U, and each a 3DS.
The main games I've been playing lately are Minecraft (Xbox edition) and Skylanders.
We have a bunch of Sonic games as well, and I have an FMA game on my DS. A few other games, like some Lego ones. Lego Star Wars, Lego City, etc.

My brother plays this game called Happy Wars and a few others. He's kinda like a casual hard core gamer. Always telling me I'm cheating for taking the easy way out. He just doesn't have many hardcore games because my mom doesn't approve of very many of them.

That's...not much else to say.

My brother plays this game called Happy Wars and a few others. He's kinda like a casual hard core gamer. Always telling me I'm cheating for taking the easy way out. He just doesn't have many hardcore games because my mom doesn't approve of very many of them.

That's...not much else to say.

So, why not?

(Sorry if the answer is obvious to you; but maybe I'm half asleep.)

Blessings.

She feels like they're too violent, or other reasons such as language.
Even the games he has now kinda bug her a little.

Well, I see. So does she maybe have similar thoughts about the games you use, also? or maybe yours are a bit different.

Blessings.

Well, I see. So does she maybe have similar thoughts about the games you use, also? or maybe yours are a bit different.

Blessings.
Somewhat, I guess. Like she doesn't like how in Minecraft you can use brewing and enchantments. I don't think it's a big deal, it's fiction.

And I'm interested in some games based off some anime. She wouldn't approve of most of the anime I watch, but I can watch what I want as long as I don't pull my younger brother into it.

Somewhat, I guess. Like she doesn't like how in Minecraft you can use brewing and enchantments. I don't think it's a big deal, it's fiction.

And I'm interested in some games based off some anime. She wouldn't approve of most of the anime I watch, but I can watch what I want as long as I don't pull my younger brother into it.

I see; ty. Blessings.

happy wars? LOL Dude I'm so trying that tomorrow ^_^
It can't be ''violent'' of all of the characters are cute, and smiling at each other :):):)

I love video games! They are so much fun! My favorite series is Final Fantasy. I have almost all of them. PS. (My husband has anime hair. :tongue )

I have been playing WOW for about 2 months. First timer. My subscription expired this month though. I'll buy another card next month. I have heard that WOW is extremely addictive but it isn't for me. I usually just play so I can talk to a good friend of mine who plays it. I am fond of Role-playing games.

I'm addicted to mining in Minecraft. I mine a lot, so I have a ton of resources.

Can't wait to get the PC version of Minecraft. It has so many more features. I plan to play nomad style, moving around instead of having a home base, since the PC version has a virtually unlimited world size. Xbox version is so small I could cover the entire map in a few minutes.

I have been playing WOW for about 2 months. First timer. My subscription expired this month though. I'll buy another card next month. I have heard that WOW is extremely addictive but it isn't for me. I usually just play so I can talk to a good friend of mine who plays it. I am fond of Role-playing games.

WoW is addictive, or at least it was for me. I still kind of miss it. My life has improved 1000% since I quit but yet I still miss it. :-(

My brother watches a ton of YouTubers who upload gaming videos every single day...I like gaming in my free time, usually on weekends. I don't see how these people have time to game every day, though. And they're mostly adults. They must square away every bit of free time they have...

My brother watches a ton of YouTubers who upload gaming videos every single day...I like gaming in my free time, usually on weekends. I don't see how these people have time to game every day, though. And they're mostly adults. They must square away every bit of free time they have...
Having a lot of time on your hands is a risk factor for a gaming addiction. People with a well structured day schedule are much less at risk. On the other hand people that got into an addiction tend to make room in their schedule, usually by giving up other activities.
When I was playing WoW I know a bunch of fellow players that were online like 24/7, with the exception of 8 hours of sleep. One WoW friend of mine often even skipped sleep for several days. I've seen people neglect their kids, jobs, friends and partners in favour of playing WoW. And once everything else is gone from their lives they would of course have a lot of time to play.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back