Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[_ Old Earth _] Gen 1 Defies Physics Laws

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
dad said:
The records of the bible take us up to recorded history, and the result is dates to the Garden of Eden, within a small range of possible interpreting. What else matters???

Evidence.

Dunzo said:
dad said:
The records of the bible take us up to recorded history, and the result is dates to the Garden of Eden, within a small range of possible interpreting. What else matters???

Evidence.
So then, evidence would matter if you had some against this fact of history. OK. We all know you got none. How sweet it is.

dad said:
love2live said:
It's still a GUESS, and it's a guess which you try to push on others. What was needed FOR YOUR idea to be true is not necessarily what happened. Your entire argument falls on the point that since YOUR case needs this to be true, then it must be true.
Something needs to be true. If God is true, that is a good start.
Yes, something needs to be true, and I think that's a good start. But we're concerned with what isn't true: what you make up to fit your story! That's a BAD START

dad said:
Genetic deterioration? OMG, yet another thing made up... this proves it again: if your story needs something to be true, then you will claim it's true just to get your story right! Another GUESS and NOTHING MORE!
Well, after the life processes were different, we see shorter lifespans. We also see no more sister brother reproduction as normal. We also see no fast evolution rates, or plant growth rates. If the change started as this present universe state started, then we need to look inside the box here for reasons that folks from Peleg on down lived less time. That is a lot easier than looking to 1000 year lifespans. Peleg only lived a little over a few centuries.
Yet another thing made up... yet another bad start. Uncle, aunt, whatever you want to call out, it's all the same to me. I'm pointing out that they lived for another 200 years, so where is this "genetic deterioration" even mentioned in the Bible?

dad said:
WE don't need 2 page of explanations where errors could come from but YOU do, because apparently you don't account for them in any of your wild theories.
Too much niquil? You are droning on about heaven knows what here.
Droning about your errors. Did you sleep through that? Is that why you're mentioning Nyquil?

dad said:
Uncle! :) The records of recorded history do not help your case, because they don't provide you with any evidence which can help you conclude that the earth is Young, so I don't know why you even look at them... Uncle!
Waving the white flag, and repeating uncle only has merit if you mean it. The records of the bible take us up to recorded history, and the result is dates to the Garden of Eden, within a small range of possible interpreting. What else matters???
Yes? Which part of recorded history? Small range of possible interpreting? You have shown quite the opposite, you not only have unorthodox interpretations, but you make assumptions based on one thing and one thing alone: you have a theory and for your theory to be true you must make assumptions. Example: Shem and Eber lived another 200 years AFTER the flood, so out of nowhere you claim that what's happening is "genetic deterioration". It's a great thing to imagine, but it's not in the bible... this is something which you ASSUME in order to make your story true. You look at certain things in the bible and you make WILD assumptions in order for your story to work, well it doesn't. It works in your head and that's it!
So Uncle, Aunt, Cousin, Mom, Dad, Grandpa and whoever... the fact remains that your assumptions are baseless, and if you read 1/2 of the rebuttal post which I provided, then you would know where at least some of your errors are coming from. I don't think you have an argument anymore, you're just writing stuff just for the sake of writing stuff.

love2live said:
Yes, something needs to be true, and I think that's a good start. But we're concerned with what isn't true: what you make up to fit your story! That's a BAD START
I made up what, now, exactly? You wouldn't be making stuff up, now??

Yet another thing made up... yet another bad start. Uncle, aunt, whatever you want to call out, it's all the same to me. I'm pointing out that they lived for another 200 years, so where is this "genetic deterioration" even mentioned in the Bible?
The bare facts are that the lifespans from Peleg on down were much closer to today's than the pre flood ones. If Peleg lived 2 1/4 centuries, that is only about a little over double what some live today. We do not know why the different universe led to shorter lives. But, with Peleg as a starting point, unless you have proof otherwise, genetic deterioration is a plausible explanation.

Droning about your errors.
In your droning, try to remember to show us one somewhere, somehow.

Shem and Eber lived another 200 years AFTER the flood, so out of nowhere you claim that what's happening is "genetic deterioration". It's a great thing to imagine, but it's not in the bible... this is something which you ASSUME in order to make your story true. You look at certain things in the bible and you make WILD assumptions in order for your story to work, well it doesn't. It works in your head and that's it!
Shem was pre flood. Eber was pre split. The possible genetic deterioration I proposed was for those after Peleg. I do not assume it, I propose it as a realistic possible explanation.
So Uncle, Aunt, Cousin, Mom, Dad, Grandpa and whoever... the fact remains that your assumptions are baseless, and if you read 1/2 of the rebuttal post which I provided, then you would know where at least some of your errors are coming from. I don't think you have an argument anymore, you're just writing stuff just for the sake of writing stuff.
Meaningless blather. The Usher chronology is not related to your long winded droning, so who cares? The years can be discerned, using the bible, up to recorded history.

dad said:
If you remember what you responded to initially, then you would know what I'm suggesting you're making up... go back and read. I don't have time to explain my position 100 times jut because you don't take the time to read posts.

The bare facts are that the lifespans from Peleg on down were much closer to today's than the pre flood ones. If Peleg lived 2 1/4 centuries, that is only about a little over double what some live today. We do not know why the different universe led to shorter lives. But, with Peleg as a starting point, unless you have proof otherwise, genetic deterioration is a plausible explanation.
Yet after the split there were people who still lived over 200 years... it's strange thing to happen after "the split". By the way, the split, yet another made up thing!

dad said:
In your droning, try to remember to show us one somewhere, somehow.
Try to remember to read it and respond to it :).

dad said:
Shem and Eber lived another 200 years AFTER the flood, so out of nowhere you claim that what's happening is "genetic deterioration". It's a great thing to imagine, but it's not in the bible... this is something which you ASSUME in order to make your story true. You look at certain things in the bible and you make WILD assumptions in order for your story to work, well it doesn't. It works in your head and that's it!
Shem was pre flood. Eber was pre split. The possible genetic deterioration I proposed was for those after Peleg. I do not assume it, I propose it as a realistic possible explanation.
After "the split" we see that Shem and Eber weren't effected by it and continued on living for another 200 years. Please avoid using made up things like "genetic deterioration", the bible mentions none of it, yet you're introducing this it as this grand explanation... unless you have some evidence (besides YOUR interpretation of the bible) of a "genetic deterioration", then you don't have anything at all.

Meaningless blather. The Usher chronology is not related to your long winded droning, so who cares? The years can be discerned, using the bible, up to recorded history.
Did you read my rebuttal? If you did, then why are you still insisting the same baseless factoids?

love2live said:
dad said:
(blah blah, doesn't answer question)

Yet after the split there were people who still lived over 200 years... it's strange thing to happen after "the split". By the way, the split, yet another made up thing!
No, because look at granddad Shem. He lived before the flood, and had a life of many centuries. Peleg was only a few hundred years. If a big change happened in the days of Peleg, then the deterioration can be expected to have begun about then. The declining lifespans seem to be evidence of this. Furthermore, one might expect that such a universal change would also affect those that had been born before that point! Why? Because germs now might be more widespread, diseases, etc etc. Fits like a glove.
[quote:2f38f]
Try to remember to read it and respond to it :).
To what??

After "the split" we see that Shem and Eber weren't effected by it and continued on living for another 200 years.
No, because normally they should have lived near a thousand years. Ever consider that the REASON Shem lived so much less than Noah was because of the split!!!

Please avoid using made up things like "genetic deterioration", the bible mentions none of it, yet you're introducing this it as this grand explanation... unless you have some evidence (besides YOUR interpretation of the bible) of a "genetic deterioration", then you don't have anything at all.
The bible sets the scene for brothers and sisters having babies. For long lifespans. That is no longer the case, and we have a right to ask why.

Did you read my rebuttal? If you did, then why are you still insisting the same baseless factoids?
[/quote:2f38f]
Fact is you can't challenge the age of the earth from the bible and history! Long winded gaseous rants don't matter. Focus.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back