Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Science __ ] Genesis chapter 1 the creation vs. science part 2/3

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Moody

I have read replies on the previous posts, and so I have to clear up something, I just did translating a well respected pastor's post, and I found this is by far the most correct way of explaining Genesis chapter 1. Which is the most conservative way of explain Genesis chapt 1 and unamously, said to be whaever the text means that's it! I will also add some other explanations for you to understand more, because I read the bible for more than a hundred times already, and I found and understood so many interesting things, just like solving riddles.

Since explanations other than this, isn' logical, and no science proofs, and so it is wrong, why? for example, how about dinosaurs? how about the truth of human is about 10 thousand years more or less only? sun and moon where not created 10 thousand years before, or how about because of accommodation to the evolution theory, we said God sees 1 day as a thousand day or a thousand day as 1 day, or they said, 1-6 days is just a time frame of evolution process maybe 1 million years as one day in Genesis, but still there is no way to proove that theory also, and how about because God speed up the process of evolution? etc... in fact evolution is just a just a scam itself, if human ancestor is a monkey, why those monkeys still remain monkeys? what if you put a bicycle in museum, let it stay their for 500 years, and check if it will be evolve into a motorcycle! and in fact there is a physics law, that everything is in degration process and not evolve!

What I'm trying to say, the explanation of this is based on original text of bible.

On previous post, day one:
verse 2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
verse 3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
verse 4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. the light from...: Heb. between the light and between the darkness
verse 5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day. And the evening...: Heb. And the evening was, and the morning was etc.

verse 2 explained - when the world was flooded with waters... the earth was without form, and so above the big flooded water surface was covering with heavy clouds, hence the sunlight cannot gone thru to earth surface, and then the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters, do what? removing the floods. Note that at day one, waters already existed.

verse 3 explained - let there be light, this is exactly waht the original text means, the original text does not said God created lights, there was lights on earth surface, because on verse 2, those clouds were removed, and so the sunglight can light on earth surface, why? because it is prepared for onward days.

verse 4 explained - God was satisfied what He have done, and divided light from the darkness, and it is obvious, if there is no sun yet, how can earth have night and day?

verse 5 explained - finally, God called the earth suface with sunlight on it "Day" and without sunlight called it "night", and the evening was, and the morning was etc. Note that this phrase repeated everyday, because the first day of re-make, or re-create, is to make the earth with an order of day and night, which is also important for human beings to live, and also for other animals, plants etc.

Day 2: Based on the words, it means God re-arrange waters, for atmosphere were there is air, above is water and below is water too, which is prepared for human, animals, plants, birds can breath.

Day 3: God gather below water so that there is seas and land surfaces, and since the flood was grdually gone, the land suface appeared, seeds of plants and grass since it was already existed before Genesis chapter 1, because of the not so big sunlight in the land surface, because of the gradual green house effect, grass, plants, trees start to grow. Note that the original text is re-make, it is not the creation from nothing, and in fact, the KJV bible I used, it just said "Let the earth bring forth grass...", no make nor create word meaning. Hence you cannot said God created plants trees and grass in day 3, the scriptured definitely not say that, all these plants, trees, grass already existed billions years ago, and their seeds remain under, God make it happened on day 3, because surface of land appeared, plus a slight sunglight shine on land make those plants very good for growing, and also note that God made the raining happened very very later, even at Genesis 2:5 not yet happened "... for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground."

And also, when God gets angry decided to use flood to destroy human, which in Genesis 6:6 "And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart." Which means God regret for what He created "human", and God is God, will God "regret"? ofcourse not, God will not regret to do anything, so the real meaning of this is like this, God turn his face aside, for not to see human's sins, and by which is God became "sad" about it, that He have to make a decision to rewind his creation to the beginning, because God's intension is to make a perfect world. rewind to when? to the first day, and that is the when earth was flooded with waters, this is the how I relate this verse, and this make sense that this verse is written this way.

reminder: from original text, the "create" from nothing word is only occured twice, first is verse 1, and the second is when God created animals and human.

Let me just ask a simple question: Egg or Chicken first?
You can say because of evolution, egg first, then chicken, then chicken to egg, then egg to chicken, and so the answere either egg or chicken first is correct?

Ans. the bible didn't said animals were created from eggs, but how to explain it? it is simple, if egg first, who hatch those eggs? God himself? so this can be explain logically, not to be confused with so many other theories. answer is chicken.

to be continue...

Last edited:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back