Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting Revenge

humble soul

On Sabbatical from Rome
Here's an example of how vengeance can ruin more than the life of the person seeking vengeance

He got caught stealing two computer monitors at work. Almost served a jail sentence for it. His reputation ruined, he never recovered. Instead nursed vengeful feelings towards the people who prosecuted him.
The lesson for me is this. Don't nurse grudges. Don't dwell on how someone wronged you. Look how a relatively minor mistake at work (yeah ok stealing from the workplace is not good I know), led to murders of vengeance.
He needed counselling. Hr needed spiritual guidance. He needed to admit the error of his ways. But instead of being repentant, he blamed someone else for getting caught.
We need to keep an eye on our own sins. Don't worry about others behaviour. Don't become reactive. Stay moral. Stay spiritually strong and when you do screw up, own it and try as hard as you can to mend your ways.

Dwelling on things like;
'
"They treated me unfairly"
Or
"Life's unfair"
Is not healthy.
"And if God is not going to punish them, I will" is clearly delusional. When we take justice into our own hands we reject God and enter Hell.

It's a mistake when we put God and ourselves on the same level as if we can veto him when we think he is wrong.
True dat. Many and me including sometimes talk godly like we know Him. Most of the time we don't.
And are deceived.

Trust in and rely confidently on the Lord with all your heart And do not rely on your own insight or understanding.
Proverbs 3:5 AMP

Unless that insight and understanding actually comes from prayer?? or. God.
See that's also a problem. Knowing when we are speaking or God is speaking through us. It borders on hilarious if we take it too seriously. "Did I say that or did God?" ?
I believe if we are influenced by scripture daily, and appeal to "our better selves" then God is working through us.
Self interest is often clearly Satan working through us. Not always of course.my self interest here is to improve my thinking and writing skills. I see that as benefitting everyone in the long run. Still my narcissism hovers?
We are complex. None of us are perfect but that is what makes us interesting.

See that's also a problem. Knowing when we are speaking or God is speaking through us. It borders on hilarious if we take it too seriously. "Did I say that or did God?" ?
I believe if we are influenced by scripture daily, and appeal to "our better selves" then God is working through us.
Self interest is often clearly Satan working through us. Not always of course.my self interest here is to improve my thinking and writing skills. I see that as benefitting everyone in the long run. Still my narcissism hovers?
We are complex. None of us are perfect but that is what makes us interesting.
:)
Yeah.. so easy to misunderstand God and each other. So we need to learn to discern. Narcissist: the man who saw his face in the water.. you probably know the story :)
I too hope to benefit others if I can with the help of God.
It's a thin red line

:)
Yeah.. so easy to misunderstand God and each other. So we need to learn to discern. Narcissist: the man who saw his face in the water.. you probably know the story :)
I too hope to benefit others if I can with the help of God.
It's a thin red line
Narcissus..

Ah but the line is not clear and defined. So sometimes it can look like God is speaking through us but actually no.
True. But God's line is clear and more than defined. Our line is not. A question is: are we truly believing in God. Or are we only believing in our selves. (beliving)

True. But God's line is clear and more than defined. Our line is not. A question is: are we truly believing in God. Or are we only believing in our selves. (beliving)
Man is most definitely corrupt. ://

Can you answer that question?
You might say "yes I believe in God" but does really transfer when you are communicating with others?
See I think many of us Christians believe in a concept of God. But how do we know that concept is God?
That concept...Is it really God? Or is just our imagination?

Can you answer that question?
You might say "yes I believe in God" but does really transfer when you are communicating with others?
See I think many of us Christians believe in a concept of God. But how do we know that concept is God?
That concept...Is it really God? Or is just our imagination?
This is a good question but also a personal one. Because we each and own have to ask ourselves what do we really. Really believe. Many Christians are delusional.
Me including. I mean not always. But we seem to go in and out of faith.

I truly and honestly believe. I have no doubt whatsoever.
But I often find myself delusional. I know it is my own refusal.
I hate this life...
But I praise God anyway

See I think God wants us to believe in ourselves, to an extent. So we can survive in the day to day real world. But he wants us at a deeper level. He wants to own us. He wants our souls.
There is nothing wrong with confidence. As long as it doesn't become arrogance. Arrogance has contempt. Confidence has love.

This is a good question but also a personal one. Because we each and own have to ask ourselves what do we really. Really believe. Many Christians are delusional.
Me including. I mean not always. But we seem to go in and out of faith.

I truly and honestly believe. I have no doubt whatsoever.
But I often find myself delusional. I know it is my own refusal.
I hate this life...
But I praise God anyway
I think you are on a good track. My concern for you Link is that maybe you are choosing a more dogmatic version of Christianity. That's just my view. It's probably none of my business to say that. We are all different. At least you are not escaping into drugs, sex and rock n roll. Well that's how it appears.
God Bless

Back