Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting Revenge

I think you are on a good track. My concern for you Link is that maybe you are choosing a more dogmatic version of Christianity. That's just my view. It's probably none of my business to say that. We are all different. At least you are not escaping into drugs, sex and rock n roll. Well that's how it appears.
God Bless
Haha :))
Well I just love rock n roll! Less of the others. Maybe I'm dogmatic. I don't know. I am extremely self convicting.
Hot and cold.. Better than luke warm.

See I think God wants us to believe in ourselves, to an extent. So we can survive in the day to day real world. But he wants us at a deeper level. He wants to own us. He wants our souls.
There is nothing wrong with confidence. As long as it doesn't become arrogance. Arrogance has contempt. Confidence has love.
You are a charming man humble. I give you that! And I think you are definitely right. To some extent.. :))
But God does not want to own us. Love is not selfish. You know that. I know you know.

But God does not want to own us. Love is not selfish. You know that. I know you know
I'm not convinced you are right on this.
I didn't say he wants us in a forceful or dominant way. But I do remember reading somewhere that God wants us in a possessive way. He is a jealous God apparently. Jealous in a nice way. I was glad my wife was jealous when was younger. But only short phase. ?

A plan (motive, wise counsel) in the heart of a man is like water in a deep well, But a man of understanding draws it out.
Proverbs 20:5
I'm not convinced you are right on this.
I didn't say he wants us in a forceful or dominant way. But I do remember reading somewhere that God wants us in a possessive way. He is a jealous God apparently. Jealous in a nice way. I was glad my wife was jealous when was younger. But only short phase. ?
OK. I understand what you mean. I have read the same. Passionate..

Well I just love rock n roll! Less of the others. Maybe I'm dogmatic. I don't know. I am extremely self convicting.
Hot and cold.. Better than luke warm.
Yeah your lukewarm point is taken. But It reminds me of extreme right wing politics pointing the finger at moderates for being cowards.
I'm a coward for sure. I am closer to agnostic than Christian at times. Sometimes doubt is my enemy but sometimes it's a positive.

Yeah your lukewarm point is taken. But It reminds me of extreme right wing politics pointing the finger at moderates for being cowards.
I'm a coward for sure. I am closer to agnostic than Christian at times. Sometimes doubt is my enemy but sometimes it's a positive.
Haha. I see what you mean. Like the book "Vanilla sky" the sweet ain't as sweet without the sour.
True or not.. Judge for yourselves

My point. I'm trying here. Haha.
You sound more dogmatic than me in this.
Is God religious? Does He side with groups? Or politics? ?
No no no?

My point. I'm trying here. Haha.
You sound more dogmatic than me in this.
Is God religious? Does He side with groups? Or politics? ?
No no no?
Well after spending a lot of time on American Christian Internet forums, I am starting to believe that Christianity is very much connected with politics.
I didn't really want to raise the politics issue, but your use of "lukewarm" triggered a political analogy.
Getting back to Christianity alone, if you think the Bible is inerrant and therefore can't be interpreted without error, that would make you "dogmatic" in my opinion.
But of course that would be how most people feel on here, I imagine.

Dogmatic meaning;
1 : characterized by or given to the expression of opinions very strongly or positively as if they were facts a dogmatic critic. 2 : of or relating to dogma (see dogma

Well after spending a lot of time on American Christian Internet forums, I am starting to believe that Christianity is very much connected with politics.
I didn't really want to raise the politics issue, but your use of "lukewarm" triggered a political analogy.
Getting back to Christianity alone, if you think the Bible is inerrant and therefore can't be interpreted without error, that would make you "dogmatic" in my opinion.
But of course that would be how most people feel on here, I imagine.
Lukewarm was purely a Bible quote.
Not political at all. Christianity has nothing to do with politics as we know politics.

“To the angel (divine messenger) of the church in Laodicea write: T hese are the words of the Amen, the trusted and faithful and true Witness, the Beginning and Origin of God’s creation: ‘I know your deeds, that you are neither cold (invigorating, refreshing) nor hot (healing, therapeutic); I wish that you were cold or hot. So because you are lukewarm (spiritually useless), and neither hot nor cold, I will vomit you out of My mouth [rejecting you with disgust]. Because you say, “I am rich, and have prospered and grown wealthy, and have need of nothing,” and you do not know that you are wretched and miserable and poor and blind and naked [without hope and in great need],
Revelation 3:14‭-‬17

Maybe there is a a context here to read. I don't want to read out of context.

Christianity has nothing to do with politics as we know politics.
That's a dogmatic statement. I make them myself sometimes. Christianity is occasionally political but one particular party does not represent Christianity in total.

That's a dogmatic statement. I make them myself sometimes. Christianity is occasionally political but one particular party does not represent Christianity in total.
How is Christianity political? ?

Back