Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Giants

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Oats

I've been reading a lot about Giants lately....

some say they are still among us...

fighting wars underground....

-----

The Anunnaki are talked about...

what do you think?

-----

What does the Bible say?

Why would anyone even think about considering a mythical tale about the Annunaki?

There is nothing biblical about it.

Annuwho?

Giants are in the Bible, right? David killed one. I think in Genesis somewhere there is a passage about Nephilims, and they are giants. Angels knocking up humans begets giants... Genesis 6 talks in some about nephilims. They were bad dudes who did great evil because they were have demonic. Anyways, that the old Jewish tales for you, dunno if that is all very Biblical, but the Jews have some wild stories about giants.

Annuwho?

Giants are in the Bible, right? David killed one. I think in Genesis somewhere there is a passage about Nephilims, and they are giants. Angels knocking up humans begets giants... Genesis 6 talks in some about nephilims. They were bad dudes who did great evil because they were have demonic. Anyways, that the old Jewish tales for you, dunno if that is all very Biblical, but the Jews have some wild stories about giants.

there are many more verses i read....

i could post some but i don't want to get flamed

I've been reading a lot about Giants lately....

some say they are still among us...

fighting wars underground....

-----

The Anunnaki are talked about...

what do you think?

-----

What does the Bible say?

Wikipedia said:
The Anunnaki (also transcribed as: Anunna, Anunnaku, Ananaki and other variations) are a group of Sumerian, Akkadian, Assyrian and Babylonian deities. The name is variously written "da-nuna", "da-nuna-ke4-ne", or "da-nun-na", meaning something to the effect of 'those of royal blood' or 'princely offspring'. Their relation to the group of gods known as the Igigi is unclear - at times the names are used synonymously but in the Atra-Hasis flood myth they have to work for the Anunnaki, rebelling after 40 days and replaced by the creation of humans.

Source

Do you really have to ask what the Bible says about "Sumerian, Akkadian, Assyrian and Babylonian deities"? They are false gods (i.e. demons in disguise), and we should have nothing to do with them.

Source

Do you really have to ask what the Bible says about "Sumerian, Akkadian, Assyrian and Babylonian deities"? They are false gods (i.e. demons in disguise), and we should have nothing to do with them.

Yet, Adam was NO Fluke! It took 'a spell' (time) for sin to knock off his created (very good) perfection! (Sure, he lacked MATURE 'Maturity..' safe to save wise, (Nah. 1:9) but his created perfection was not below ANY that had gone down hill from his sin on! Even check out the pre/flood age of ones against the ones that were allowed flesh/food.

Take a guess here?? Adam at 16' tall, 1000#, and eyesight? Surely he could see for miles!? And IQ?? [PERFECT!] God did not need to wright it down in the beginning, (NO Books needed) for their memory was flawless, huh?;)

Another thing is about law? I suspect that on their first 'day of life' they heard their first 7th Day Sabbath Sermon after being created, and that NOTHING WAS DIS/ALLOWED from the Eternal Gospel! Rev. 14:6 + Eccl. 3:15

--Elijah

Source

i asked what the Bible has to say about Giants...

Goliath ,Nephilim, Og

all biblical entities

When i was listenting to the Am radio i heard some "Christian" writer comparing the Biblical creation to the sumerian one....

in which he said the sumerian tale had borrowed details fro m the biblical one

what they had saw as the Anunaki we're fallen angels
------

I honestly couldn't care less on the Subject

I believe the Bible and all it say 100% !

so just let that be known

i'm asking opinions- christian and non christian

I'm Christian

Source

I can't see what the problem is about asking, I think its a very interesting subject. I have also wondered about the giants mentioned in the bible and where they came from. Some of you need to remember that some of us are not as will versed as others, it doesn't make us any less of a christian.

i asked what the Bible has to say about Giants...

Goliath ,Nephilim, Og

all biblical entities

When i was listenting to the Am radio i heard some "Christian" writer comparing the Biblical creation to the sumerian one....

in which he said the sumerian tale had borrowed details fro m the biblical one

what they had saw as the Anunaki we're fallen angels
------

I honestly couldn't care less on the Subject

I believe the Bible and all it say 100% !

so just let that be known

i'm asking opinions- christian and non christian

I'm Christian

Sorry about the misunderstanding. I thought you were asking about the Anunnaki specifically.

I haven't really thought much about the nephilim. They are only mentioned twice in the Bible, so I don't consider it important. There's nothing wroing with being curious about them, of course. There's an article about them on Wikipedia. If the link doesn't work, just go to wikipedia.org and search for "Nephilim" (without the quotes). The article discusses a number of different interpretations of the verses mentioning them.

Hi Oats.

I have studied the Anunnaki, so I would be willing to discuss it with you.
They are mentioned in the ancient writings of the Sumerian civilization, which is one of the oldest recorded civilizations.

One advantage of the ancient Sumerian writings is that they were written in stone. So they have not been altered for thousands of years (in other words, we have the originals).

The disadvantage is that there are only a handful of people in the world who are able to translate the writings.

And I also believe that the Anunnaki were fallen angels, but they saw them as "gods".

I can totally see the Annunaki being fallen angels. And face it, theres no possible way that we can even fathom everything God is, has created, or has done. People that act like they know everything about God from reading a book just confuse me.

If anything, the Sumerian myths are interesting reads, especially for religious people who are involved with a religion that started with the Torah. A lot of their myths could be the origin, parallels, or proof of biblical events.. like The Great Deluge.

The Sumerian God Enki actually went against the Annunaki council and more specifically his half brother Enlil, who wanted to flood the entire Earth and kill all of the humans, by talking to a wall near Utnapishtim (Noah) and telling him to build a boat and save humans from the flood.

They also have stories like The Tower of Babel, Adam and Eve.. etc.

myth

<embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://sp.dictionary.com/dictstatic/d/g/speaker.swf" id="speaker" quality="high" loop="false" menu="false" salign="t" flashvars="soundUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fsp.dictionary.com%2Fdictstatic%2Fdictionary%2Faudio%2Fluna%2FM07%2FM0733300.mp3&clkLogProxyUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fdictionary.reference.com%2Fwhatzup.html&t=a&d=d&s=di&c=a&ti=1&ai=51359&l=dir&o=0&sv=00000000&ip=18662634&u=audio" wmode="transparent" style="font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: 13px; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); line-height: 1.25em; margin: 0px; padding: 0px;" align="texttop" height="15" width="17"> [mith] Show IPA

–noun
a traditional or legendary story, usually concerning some being or hero or event, with or without a determinable basis of fact or a natural explanation, esp. one that is concerned with deities or demigods and explains some practice, rite, or phenomenon of nature.

2.stories or matter of this kind: realm of myth.

3.any invented story, idea, or concept: His account of the event is pure myth.

4.an imaginary or fictitious thing or person.

5.an unproved or false collective belief that is used to justify a social institution.

myth

<embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://sp.dictionary.com/dictstatic/d/g/speaker.swf" id="speaker" quality="high" loop="false" menu="false" salign="t" flashvars="soundUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fsp.dictionary.com%2Fdictstatic%2Fdictionary%2Faudio%2Fluna%2FM07%2FM0733300.mp3&clkLogProxyUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fdictionary.reference.com%2Fwhatzup.html&t=a&d=d&s=di&c=a&ti=1&ai=51359&l=dir&o=0&sv=00000000&ip=18662634&u=audio" wmode="transparent" style="font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: 13px; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); line-height: 1.25em; margin: 0px; padding: 0px;" align="texttop" height="15" width="17"> [mith] Show IPA

–noun
a traditional or legendary story, usually concerning some being or hero or event, with or without a determinable basis of fact or a natural explanation, esp. one that is concerned with deities or demigods and explains some practice, rite, or phenomenon of nature.

5.an unproved or false collective belief that is used to justify a social institution.

The bible has a few stories that could be considered myth. It may not be considered myth because its mainstream, but you certainly can't deny it.. (Well, of course you can.)

The bible has a few stories that could be considered myth. It may not be considered myth because its mainstream, but you certainly can't deny it.. (Well, of course you can.)

No it doesn't. The God of the universe doesn't tell fables.

I've read the Bible, and no myth is really coming to mind... Do you mean parables? Those were examples Jesus told, not myths...

These can all be seen as miracles or Gods work or metaphors but, for real, this is how most Sumerians might have looked at their religions. If Christianity wasn't mainstream, people would look at it as if it were a myth or a cult. I know people will take this negatively, but if you look at it with an open mind.. you'll probably see it too. Look at something like Scientology. Their beliefs are ridiculous. lol.. and its something most people can agree on.

Anyways, heres what I can remember from the bible:

Samson's hair giving him strength.
Angels.
Seraphim, 4 faces, 6 wings.
Cherubim, if I remember correctly.. had features of animals.
Giants. (though to be honest, this doesn't seem as mythy to me.. unless he was like 30 feet tall.)
Talking bushes.
Sticks morphing into snakes.
Man surviving in the belly of a whale.
Reviving the dead.
Fiery Serpents
Talking Snakes.
People turning to salt.

I can say that the bible is a bit more down to Earth than some myths.. but it's astonishing how people can so easily label something as a myth even when it's extremely similar to Bible stories.

1.a traditional or legendary story, usually concerning some being or hero or event, with or without a determinable basis of fact or a natural explanation, esp. one that is concerned with deities or demigods and explains some practice, rite, or phenomenon of nature.

That was a horrible post. It would be a better post if it came from an atheist. Sorry. I mean, Christianity is based on Faith.. Faith means you believe in something that you can't see or hear, right? Last I checked, the only evidence for Jesus rising from the dead is the bible, but you believe, right?

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but the only proof to us that Noah is real is that it says so in the torah.. and we also believe because of our faith. Which according to your definition, makes Utnapishtm of the Sumerian Flood myth no less real than Noah.. the Sumerian story being written on stone tablets.

Last edited by a moderator:
The trouble with some folk is that they view bible stories as mere stories. They are true events. Some are told in the only descriptive language available, as some visions given by God were so utterly beyond description---however, when one listens to God when one reads those passages, one realizes that is the case.

No it doesn't. The God of the universe doesn't tell fables.
There were giants according to the bible both before and after the flood, I realize that the popular idea is that they were the result of the crossing of humans and angels but I do not see the bible as saying that, it seems to me that giants are not really explained in the bible as concerning their origin. Some of the biggest may have been around 12 feet tall.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back