Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

God and the Bible

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
The Lord is perfect—he would never issue such a command.

We must to learn to differentiate between the Lord’s voice and Satan’s.

Of course he wouldn't. I think 'theLords' point (correct me if I'm wrong) is that a person would only think its God when really its Saturn. You may think you would know the difference but Satan is a sneaky critter.

Of course he wouldn't. I think 'theLords' point (correct me if I'm wrong) is that a person would only think its God when really its Saturn. You may think you would know the difference but Satan is a sneaky critter.

Amen to Satan being a sneaky critter:

Now the serpent was more subtle than any other wild creature that the LORD God had made. Gen 3:1 RSV

We do have to learn to distinguish between the Lord’s voice and Satan’s.

Amen to Satan being a sneaky critter:

Now the serpent was more subtle than any other wild creature that the LORD God had made. Gen 3:1 RSV

We do have to learn to distinguish between the Lord’s voice and Satan’s.

How do we learn this?

How do we learn this?

There are two ways I know of. The Lord can teach you directly, perhaps using your experience as a learning tool. He can also remind you of passages in the Bible that might help you understand.

There are two ways I know of. The Lord can teach you directly, perhaps using your experience as a learning tool. He can also remind you of passages in the Bible that might help you understand.

Ah, so finally, there we have it. We NEED the Bible to know who God is.

Ah, so finally, there we have it. We NEED the Bible to know who God is.

I did not say that. The Bible is at the Lord’s disposal if he chooses to use it. He can also use our past experiences with which to teach us, and perhaps he has other methods.

The Lord communicates directly to each of us. We learn about him as we develop a personal relationship with him.

And what does a personal relationship mean to you, Elijah23?

Do you spend time in prayer?
Does the Lord have a conversation with you, or does He speak to you from the Word?

I'd like to remind you that there are many born again believers here who have walked with the Lord for many years, so it would be interesting to hear how you understand exactly what a "personal relationship" means.

As members of the body of Christ, how are we to minister to one another, and does that affect our relationship to Jesus? Perhaps a few more details than "love" would help my understanding of where you're coming from on this topic. I'm thinking maybe our terminology may be hindering this conversation. Just a thought.

It means he is my God—my boss. It means we are friends. It means I try to follow the path he has set forth for me. He is loyal to me, as he is to all of us, and I owe him my loyalty. I fall short, but I am to love him with all my heart, mind, and soul, and he loves me.

Does the Lord have a conversation with you, or does He speak to you from the Word?

I stop and pray three times each day, but mostly I try to “speak†to him as I go about my daily activities.

It’s hard to describe how it is the Lord communicates with us, but he does communicate. We need to
“listen.â€

I stop and pray three times each day, but mostly I try to “speak†to him as I go about my daily activities.

It’s hard to describe how it is the Lord communicates with us, but he does communicate. We need to
“listen.â€

I can describe how the Lord speaks to us....through His written Word (Bible) and His peace which passes all understanding.

I'd like to remind you that there are many born again believers here who have walked with the Lord for many years, so it would be interesting to hear how you understand exactly what a "personal relationship" means.

As members of the body of Christ, how are we to minister to one another, and does that affect our relationship to Jesus? Perhaps a few more details than "love" would help my understanding of where you're coming from on this topic. I'm thinking maybe our terminology may be hindering this conversation. Just a thought.

The Lord is our friend. He said so himself. You need to understand that to understand him.

I can describe how the Lord speaks to us....through His written Word (Bible) and His peace which passes all understanding.

There is more to the Lord’s communications than just speaking to us through his Word. There is also the personal relationship—the friendship.

There is more to the Lord’s communications than just speaking to us through his Word. There is also the personal relationship—the friendship.

That relationship includes the study of the entire word! Everything we learn needs to be supported by scripture, which makes for safety from error and deceit.

Jesus should be impressing on you by His Spirit that His word in its totality is truth. Learn of His grace through the men He anointed to write His message to you! The men who wrote the gospels are just as fallible as Paul, yet you hold their writing as infallible.

Someone has influenced you with lies, elijah.

I think what people are saying is the word can be trusted to be from God other forms of communication should be treated with caution. I'm sure God dose communicate in other ways how ever it is always better to trust the word. If it goes against the word its not from god.

That relationship includes the study of the entire word! Everything we learn needs to be supported by scripture, which makes for safety from error and deceit.

Jesus should be impressing on you by His Spirit that His word in its totality is truth. Learn of His grace through the men He anointed to write His message to you! The men who wrote the gospels are just as fallible as Paul, yet you hold their writing as infallible.

Someone has influenced you with lies, elijah.

I have read the entire Bible on more than one occasion.

The Lord communicates directly with us.

The goal is to have a personal relationship with the Lord.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back