Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

God didn't care about me - I'm no more Christian

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Classik

I sought the Lord with all my heart! I worshipped HIM with a steadfast mind. I was serious with the things of the Lord. I paid my tithes. I did everything normal christians do.

Today I'm no longer Christian. God doesn't care about me. I doubt if HE even exists. I think I'm atheist today...(Or probably I not bothered about Christianity anymore).

I had problems and I prayed to GOD. HE didn't answer. I fasted and prayed and cried unto the LORD. God didn't respond. Today my eyes are open. I'm on my own. I could have been on my own - and I would have succeeded better....

Yes! I have heard people say this kind of thing - many people have. They confessed they were dedicated Christians. They confessed they served the Lord with all their strenght, all their heart and soul - and everything - yet GOD didn't respond to their requests.

Now I'm beginning to ask ('cause most of them act so persecuted and wouldn't wanna hear anything about GOD...don't even preach Christ to them...they are ready to attack you or shoot you in the head) what could have really happened to these people.

Why didn't God answer their prayers? Could it be (that in all their requests to GOD) they have asked amiss? Could it be they were totally impatient with GOD? Could it be God wasn't willing to answer them?

Who has had this kind of experience but has come back to GOD? Can you share your 'whys' why GOD didn't 'seem' to satisfy you before you fled from HIM? Who has such friends who feel persecuted and wouldn't (maybe) come back to the LORD?

Why do people backslide? Money? Wealth? Poverty?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had similar experiences. I had thought GOD wasn't there for me. (And in those days I had preferred Camp Nou to a Church). But I have realised today that I was totally impatient. This GOD we serve...HE's always with me. I wonder what could have happened to me if GOD had (out of a servile heart) said: have it the way you want it. Maybe I could have been long dead...or could have been the most miserable fool on earth.

But how about the other 'whys' of other people???

The parable of the sower in Matthew 13 explains why many fall away. The either feel persecuted or are attracted to the things of this world. I think a big problem is thanklessness. Every breath we take, every drop of water we drink, every morsel of food we eat, every happiness we experience is a gift of God. We deserve eternal torment, yet God is patient with us, and gives us all these blessings. Also, He sent His son to die for us before we were ever even born. God is blessing us constantly and we never even think about it. Then when He doesn't answer a prayer in the way we want, or in our timing, we are tempted to turn away from Him. May He keep us constantly reminded of all He does for us. :)

Patients!! God puts us through trials and sufferings to promote our spiritual growth. You prayed and sought God for a while, and then you stopped. God wasn't ready for you to stop! You have to continue to seek Christ and find joy in your sufferings. Read Philippians! Paul is joyful though he is in prison! He is still spreading the Good News despite his suffering!

I think the problem is entitlement.
We think just because we believe in God we are entitled to have our every prayer answered on the spot and our problems solved. The more we pray the more we get entitled. But the only thing we are entitled to get is God's love and salvation in the end.
So when our prayers seem to remain unanswered and our problems persist or get worse we conclude that God is being unfair and not honouring His end of the bargain, so we get mad at Him and tell Him we quit. But that kind of bargain never existed. We can't bribe God by how much we pray or fast or work good deeds.

Claudya, you are right on target. Gods answers are yes, no, or wait. We think we are entitled to fast yes answers. But sometimes the answers are NO for our good and for our protection. Sometimes God has something better for us when we WAIT on Him. Sometimes the answer is simply no and we will have to find out why when we get to heaven.

God never answers yes because we are entitled. He answer yes when we are in desperate, overwhelming need and we recognize that need. That is how we received Christ. We recognized that there was no way that we could make it to heaven due to our goodness and we are in desperate need of a Savior, God's help. God's answer is always yes in those cases.

But if out prayer is selfish and demanding we sometimes have forgotten that He is our God, not our servent. We are supposed to be His servent.
We are supposed to pray as Jesus prayed before going to the cross: Nevertheles, not my will be done, but thine.

God never gives in to our greed. He wants us to remember that He provides both our basic needs and our jobs when we are NOT greedy or covetous. He does not provide everything we want.

He does desire that we learn to be patient. Some requests may be answered 50 years later.

Some requests also involve the free will of others, and even greater patience is required in such cases.

We have to prepare ourselves to accept that sometimes the answer is a simple NO. It does no good to try to twist God's arm by fasting, or to manipulate Him, or to throw a temper tantrum and threaten to leave Him if He doesn't do what we want. Pouting doesn't change His mind either. We must simply accept that He knows what's best. We eventually learn to quiet ourselves and grow up. (Well, occasionally I still pout so I am not all that grown up. But usually I at least make a feeble effort to thank and praise Him anyhow, just because He is God and not in an effort to manipulate Him.)

Remember that God is still God, whether you worship him, or follow Him, or deny Him. He won't change. He still loves you whether you choose to be His child or not. But He also respects your no answer to Him. He will not force you to be His Child. He has known from the beginning who will choose to remain true to Him and/or to return to Him and follow Him till their last breath. He has only chosen those who don't resist His saving Grace.

Blessings to you all in Christ Jesus

Classik,

I have been where you are and by that I mean; I have had by share of doubts, disbelief and heart aches. I have lost loved ones because of illness and thought that God did not listen to my prayers to heal or recover my loved ones. If you were to ask much of the Christian community, we can all pretty much vouch for why you feel the way you do.

The Bible tells us that we are to live by Faith and not by sight. This can be harder then just meets the eye, when you break this down in it's very essence; basically it say's that no matter what life throws at you.. Keep the Faith, run the race, endure until the end. By the way that is all Scriptural;

Hebrews 12:1 Therefore seeing we also are surrounded with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which does so easily ensnare us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us

1 Corinthians 16:13 Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong.

So in conclusion, no where in the Word of God do we have a reference that just because we have faith, our prayers will all be answered or somehow it will be an easy road. Since I became a Christian 22 years ago, I have been more hated by this world and lost more friends because of my faith. But, through it all I stand firm in my faith and through all my past history, today I can say I no longer doubt my faith in the Lord. The more I allow God to increase the more I decrease. The more I draw near to Him, the more I feel Him drawing near to me.

I can not talk you into the Kingdom of God, I will do my best to encourage you, but ultimately it is your own relationship with God. I will pray for you and hope that you continue to stand firm in your faith.

God Bless

I sought the Lord with all my heart! I worshipped HIM with a steadfast mind. I was serious with the things of the Lord. I paid my tithes. I did everything normal christians do.

Today I'm no longer Christian. God doesn't care about me. I doubt if HE even exists. I think I'm atheist today...(Or probably I not bothered about Christianity anymore).

I had problems and I prayed to GOD. HE didn't answer. I fasted and prayed and cried unto the LORD. God didn't respond. Today my eyes are open. I'm on my own. I could have been on my own - and I would have succeeded better....

Yes! I have heard people say this kind of thing - many people have. They confessed they were dedicated Christians. They confessed they served the Lord with all their strenght, all their heart and soul - and everything - yet GOD didn't respond to their requests.

Now I'm beginning to ask ('cause most of them act so persecuted and wouldn't wanna hear anything about GOD...don't even preach Christ to them...they are ready to attack you or shoot you in the head) what could have really happened to these people.

Why didn't God answer their prayers? Could it be (that in all their requests to GOD) they have asked amiss? Could it be they were totally impatient with GOD? Could it be God wasn't willing to answer them?

Who has had this kind of experience but has come back to GOD? Can you share your 'whys' why GOD didn't 'seem' to satisfy you before you fled from HIM? Who has such friends who feel persecuted and wouldn't (maybe) come back to the LORD?

Why do people backslide? Money? Wealth? Poverty?

Hello Brother,

I've felt like that a few times so don't feel alone. I wish I had something encouraging to say to you, but all I can muster to say is that your going through a season and I believe this season will pass. I don't know exactly why God denies us our prayers, even when we believe our prayers are in line with God's will. What I've learned is that God sees a bigger picture and sometimes that bigger picture is generational. Does the wing of a butterfly cause a hurricane? I really don't know. But I know that God's word is true and God's word says that all things work to the good for those who love God. Brother, I know you love God because I've seen your love for God and you have inspired me in many ways.

Paul says that when he is weak, he is his strongest. Being a follower of Christ isn't always easy and I feel for you. But I believe that this season will pass and maybe one day you'll look back and see how God used this situation and scripture will be shown to be true that all things work to the good for those who love Christ.

God bless ya brother,
Jeff

Thanks ppl. Yea I was there a million years ago...I felt bad! I was impatient. Today I see God is always faithful.

Yes: I have people who are currently having problems...and I believe God will heal them and also prove to them HE is with 'em all...and HE's still GOD.

Is that really you, Stove? Itz been long, Bolts. We really missed ya, StoveBolts. Hope you don't run so far away next time.:biggrin:lol

Both you and Dora fled.:bigfrown:)

'Elcome back

"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world" - John 16:33
"And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end..." - Rev 2:26
"He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son" - Rev 21:7

The flesh hates waiting... we want everything 'now' ... and I'm not preaching to anyone but myself here, lol! I've wanted to give up so many times it's shameful.. but we cannot and must not

"We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; 9 Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed" - 2 Cor 4:8

We can make it.. it's not all about our timing, it's about His. He will bring the victory after a little while of suffering

And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you - 1 Peter 5:10

What gives me comfort is Jesus sweating drops of blood as he petitions the Father to spare him the cross.

The answer was NO!!

Then I just break out the book of Job and remind myself that I still have breath.

I've had a friend ask me this very question. It's a hard one to answer because we simply don't know. I can fully understand why it causes people to lose faith but it does raise questions as to how they think God should act.

Did you pray for discernment? Di you pray with an open heart? Were you praying for something in GOD's will........

James 4
What causes fights and quarrels<sup class="crossreference" value='(A)'></sup> among you? Don’t they come from your desires that battle<sup class="crossreference" value='(B)'></sup> within you? <sup class="versenum">2 </sup>You desire but do not have, so you kill.<sup class="crossreference" value='(C)'></sup> You covet but you cannot get what you want, so you quarrel and fight. You do not have because you do not ask God. <sup class="versenum">3 </sup>When you ask, you do not receive,<sup class="crossreference" value='(D)'></sup> because you ask with wrong motives,<sup class="crossreference" value='(E)'></sup> that you may spend what you get on your pleasures.
<sup class="versenum">4 </sup>You adulterous<sup class="crossreference" value='(F)'></sup> people,<sup class="footnote" value='[a]'>[a]</sup> don’t you know that friendship with the world<sup class="crossreference" value='(G)'></sup> means enmity against God?<sup class="crossreference" value='(H)'></sup> Therefore, anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God.<sup class="crossreference" value='(I)'></sup> <sup class="versenum">5 </sup>Or do you think Scripture says without reason that he jealously longs for the spirit he has caused to dwell in us<sup class="footnote" value='[b]'>[b]</sup>?<sup class="crossreference" value='(J)'></sup> <sup class="versenum">6 </sup>But he gives us more grace. That is why Scripture says:
“God opposes the proud
but shows favor to the humble.”<sup class="footnote" value='[c]'>[c]</sup><sup class="crossreference" value='(K)'></sup>

<sup class="versenum">7 </sup>Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil,<sup class="crossreference" value='(L)'></sup> and he will flee from you. <sup class="versenum">8 </sup>Come near to God and he will come near to you.<sup class="crossreference" value='(M)'></sup> Wash your hands,<sup class="crossreference" value='(N)'></sup> you sinners, and purify your hearts,<sup class="crossreference" value='(O)'></sup> you double-minded.<sup class="crossreference" value='(P)'></sup> <sup class="versenum">9 </sup>Grieve, mourn and wail. Change your laughter to mourning and your joy to gloom.<sup class="crossreference" value='(Q)'></sup> <sup class="versenum">10 </sup>Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.<sup class="crossreference" value='(R)'></sup>
<sup class="versenum">11 </sup>Brothers and sisters, do not slander one another.<sup class="crossreference" value='(S)'></sup> Anyone who speaks against a brother or sister<sup class="footnote" value='[d]'>[d]</sup> or judges them<sup class="crossreference" value='(T)'></sup> speaks against the law<sup class="crossreference" value='(U)'></sup> and judges it. When you judge the law, you are not keeping it,<sup class="crossreference" value='(V)'></sup> but sitting in judgment on it. <sup class="versenum">12 </sup>There is only one Lawgiver and Judge,<sup class="crossreference" value='(W)'></sup> the one who is able to save and destroy.<sup class="crossreference" value='(X)'></sup> But you—who are you to judge your neighbor?

Sometime we forget to remember he loves us, and in our daily lives full of busy bodies and struggles we leave out the most important aspect of a relationship........one that is bound not by time, but by patience and faith. Take JOB for example and how he persevered. Faith is true when no matter the response you still believe and you still love.

I personally ask you not to abandon your faith in him, in the heavenly father through his son lord JESUS CHRIST and take that extra time to hone it with truth and share it. Stand and deliver at the mount, they exist, they care....be patience have heart and do not let the stones that hit the water and send out resonating waves dislodge or discourage you. Close any open doors to the enemy, come closer to GOD in heart and purity and he will come unto you if you seek him.

Just remember that the sometimes what we ask for isn't always the best for us and we can be misled to believe so by the enemy, he and they are crafty and many have fallen in error to trying to understand it. Lean not on your own understanding child lean heavily upon GOD and his son JESUS. You can never go wrong to put your faith and trust in them.

I also would like for you to understand that being closer to GOD is to release yourself from attachments to any IDOLS or possessions that are not of sound doctrine, you cannot serve both GOD and (money)mammon. Be content and happy if you are fed, clothed, at peace and sheltered....contentment is great gain and it could a lot worse; this I can attest to.

praise be to GOD the heavenly father and his son lord JESUS CHRIST forever>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Edward

That's 1 possible answer but I don't think you can universally apply to everyone and say "that's why" The answer could be because God is saying "not yet" but I don't know since I'm not God.

Edward

That's 1 possible answer but I don't think you can universally apply to everyone and say "that's why" The answer could be because God is saying "not yet" but I don't know since I'm not God.

Perhaps. There are many clues in scripture if we read them and are willing to accept them as truth. I think there's a scripture that says that if God does not answer our prayers, that we do not have forgiveness in our heart for someone? Something like that.

That's a perfectly reasonable answer, that we have unforgiveness in our hearts, its just not the only one, that's all I was saying really.

Anytime this comes up, the line from Angels & Demons comes to mind;

"God answers all prayers but sometimes, the answer is no"

Edward

Perhaps. There are many clues in scripture if we read them and are willing to accept them as truth. I think there's a scripture that says that if God does not answer our prayers, that we do not have forgiveness in our heart for someone? Something like that.

There is a verse in the new testament that emphasises that.

I don't think it's my friends' case...dunno

(Are the women ever wrong on this board? One of the girls said recently that women are more spiritual than men. I had never seen evidence of this before but it stuck in my mind and since then I have noticed that I'm not sure I have ever seen a woman post something wrong here? Perhaps women are more spiritual than men. )

lol That was probably me but not because I believe that ! The discussion was about the Hebrews letters, the spelling of man and woman and the Hebrew thought that a child is Jewish if the mother is Jewish even if the father is not. But if the father is Jewish and mother is not the child is not. (as in the religion)
Because the mother is the more spiritual. They say it not ME. :)

Money? Wealth? Poverty?

I believe you touch the core of the problem right there. To me God is BEYOND all things materialistic, or of the flesh. He works in mysterious ways. Spirit is not necessarily the same as filling ones bank account or avoiding sickness for that matter.

The mother of a very close friend of mine died of cancer in her 50s. Too early. She was a Christian. Her last words were: "Thank you Jesus!" Her family never complained. I want people like that to be my role models.

Back