Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

GOD HAS MADE NO COVENANT WITH GENTILES

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

jeremiah1five

1 And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.
2 And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly.
3 And Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him, saying,
4 As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations.
5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.
6 And I will make thee exceeding fruitful, and I will make nations of thee, and kings shall come out of thee.
7 And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee. Genesis 17:1–7.

The Abrahamic Covenant. A covenant in which a man and his wife were given outstanding promises for not only him and his immediate children but for their descendants also. A covenant in which a Redeemer and King would be born to remove the sins of God's covenant people and give them eternal life. And from this day forward God has been working to that end using only this covenant and no other for there is no other Name by which anyone will be saved but the Name of God: Yahweh (YHWH.) It is only through this covenant will God save His Chosen people Israel. But God has made no covenant with Gentiles. But Gentiles are not excluded for there are many prophecies through the decades sent to Israel from God's prophets that Gentiles will be included, and we later find from the writings of Paul, grafted in along with the natural branches of the Olive Tree, which is Israel, that Israel will be the light to lead the Gentiles to Jerusalem to worship God alongside them.

The Church, or Great Congregation of the LORD is Israel. The Bride of Christ is Israel for God says in the Old Testament that He is betrothed to Israel forever. But God has made no covenant with Gentiles.
When all is said and done, and Israel's Messiah and King sits on the throne of David to rule His people from Jerusalem there will be a Marriage Supper of the Lamb and His Bride. Israel is there by covenant, but Gentiles will be there by invitation.
God has made no covenant with Gentiles.
But you Gentiles have receive an invitation to partake of the blessings God has bestowed upon Abram, Isaac, and Jacob, and the twelve tribes of Israel and their descendants.

11 I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy. 1
2 Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness?
13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:
14 If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them.
15 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?
16 For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.
17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;
18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.
19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in.
20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.
23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.
24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree?
25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.
28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers’ sakes.
29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance. Romans 11:11–29.

All well and good but God has made no covenant with Gentiles.

1 And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.
2 And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly.
4 As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations.
5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.
6 And I will make thee exceeding fruitful, and I will make nations of thee, and kings shall come out of thee.
7 And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee. Genesis 17:1–7.

The Abrahamic Covenant. A covenant in which a man and his wife were given outstanding promises for not only him and his immediate children but for their descendants also. A covenant in which a Redeemer and King would be born to remove the sins of God's covenant people and give them eternal life. And from this day forward God has been working to that end using only this covenant and no other for there is no other Name by which anyone will be saved but the Name of God: Yahweh (YHWH.) It is only through this covenant will God save His Chosen people Israel. But God has made no covenant with Gentiles. But Gentiles are not excluded for there are many prophecies through the decades sent to Israel from God's prophets that Gentiles will be included, and we later find from the writings of Paul, grafted in along with the natural branches of the Olive Tree, which is Israel, that Israel will be the light to lead the Gentiles to Jerusalem to worship God alongside them.

The Church, or Great Congregation of the LORD is Israel. The Bride of Christ is Israel for God says in the Old Testament that He is betrothed to Israel forever. But God has made no covenant with Gentiles.
When all is said and done, and Israel's Messiah and King sits on the throne of David to rule His people from Jerusalem there will be a Marriage Supper of the Lamb and His Bride. Israel is there by covenant, but Gentiles will be there by invitation.
But you Gentiles have receive an invitation to partake of the blessings God has bestowed upon Abram, Isaac, and Jacob, and the twelve tribes of Israel and their descendants.

11 I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy. 1
2 Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness?
13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:
14 If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them.
15 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?
16 For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.
17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;
18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.
19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in.
20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.
23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.
24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree?
25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers’ sakes.

I'm going with this:

1Co 11:23-25 For I received from the Lord what I also delivered to you, that the Lord Jesus in the night in which he was betrayed took bread; (24) And giving thanks, He broke it and said, "Take, eat; this is My body, which is broken for you; this do in remembrance of Me." (25) In the same way He took the cup also, after supping, saying, "This cup is the New Covenant in My blood; as often as you drink it, do this in remembrance of Me."

There is no covenant with the wicked, there is covenant with the just who live by faith.

Romans 1 the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith, the just shall live by faith. ( the covenant to Israel did and does not see them living.)

Abraham received a seal of the righteousness which he had being uncircumcised, to be the father of all them that believe, though they are not circumcised the same as Abraham was not under the law.

Abraham is the father of circumcision to them who are of the circumcision, but especially to them who walk in the steps of OUR FATHER ABRAHAM, WHICH HE HAD BEING YET UNCIRCUMCISED.

NO MAN IS JUSTIFIED IN THE LAW, the just shall LIVE BY FAITH.

BEFOEE FAITH CAME, WE WERE LOCKED UP KEPT UNDER THE LAW, unto the faith that AFTERWARDS SHOULD BE REVEALED.

Romans 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Romans 4:11 And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:

Romans 4:12 And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised.

Galatians 3:11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

Galatians 3:23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.

What about the Covenant in Gen 9:16? It was made with all living creatures on the earth.

I'm going with this:

1Co 11:23-25 For I received from the Lord what I also delivered to you, that the Lord Jesus in the night in which he was betrayed took bread; (24) And giving thanks, He broke it and said, "Take, eat; this is My body, which is broken for you; this do in remembrance of Me." (25) In the same way He took the cup also, after supping, saying, "This cup is the New Covenant in My blood; as often as you drink it, do this in remembrance of Me."
If through that Scripture, you are saying Jesus 'abolished' the Old Covenant I disagree.
Jesus didn't abolish the Old Covenant, He fulfilled it. Every part. Even the Sacrificial Laws.
But this is the understanding of the Gentile believers who receive Jesus Christ as Israel's long-awaited Messiah and King. Bu if you ask a Jew on the street who has some form of worshiping God, or if that street is in Israel, they'd say that the Law, the Psalms and the Prophets are still in effect.

If through that Scripture, you are saying Jesus 'abolished' the Old Covenant I disagree.
Jesus didn't abolish the Old Covenant, He fulfilled it. Every part. Even the Sacrificial Laws.
But this is the understanding of the Gentile believers who receive Jesus Christ as Israel's long-awaited Messiah and King. Bu if you ask a Jew on the street who has some form of worshiping God, or if that street is in Israel, they'd say that the Law, the Psalms and the Prophets are still in effect.
It depends what you mean by the Old Covenant. But since you reference Sacrificial Laws then you must be referring to the Mosaic Covenant.

How then do you explain these scriptures:

Paul describes the Jews and Gentiles as separated but then he says:
But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near in the blood of Christ. For he is our peace, who has made us both one, and has broken down the dividing wall of hostility, by abolishing in his flesh the law of commandments and ordinances, that he might create in himself one new man in place of the two, (Eph 2:13-15)
The Law has been abolished.

Col 2 says much the same:
And you, who were dead in trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses, having cancelled the bond which stood against us with its legal demands; this he set aside, nailing it to the cross. (Col 2:14)

On the one hand, a former commandment is annulled because of its weakness and uselessness, for the law brought nothing to perfection; on the other hand, a better hope is introduced, through which we draw near to God. (Heb 7:18-19)

When there is a change of priesthood, there is necessarily a change of law as well. (Heb 7:12)

For if that first covenant had been faultless, no place would have been sought for a second one. But he finds fault with them and says: “Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will conclude a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah. (Heb 8:7-8)

When he speaks of a “new” covenant, he declares the first one obsolete. And what has become obsolete and has grown old is close to disappearing (Heb 8:13)

He takes away the first to establish the second (Heb 10:9)

What about the Covenant in Gen 9:16? It was made with all living creatures on the earth.
8 And God spake unto Noah, and to his sons with him, saying,
9 And I, behold, I establish my covenant with you, and with your seed after you;
10 And with every living creature that is with you, of the fowl, of the cattle, and of every beast of the earth with you; from all that go out of the ark, to every beast of the earth. 11 And I will establish my covenant with you; neither shall all flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood; neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth.
Gen. 9:8–11.

16 And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth. Gen. 9:16.

This covenant expresses God's promise to not flood the earth again and destroy all life.
Next time He'll do it with fire.

It depends what you mean by the Old Covenant. But since you reference Sacrificial Laws then you must be referring to the Mosaic Covenant.
I was responding to:
Exeter said:
I'm going with this:

1Co 11:23-25 For I received from the Lord what I also delivered to you, that the Lord Jesus in the night in which he was betrayed took bread; (24) And giving thanks, He broke it and said, "Take, eat; this is My body, which is broken for you; this do in remembrance of Me." (25) In the same way He took the cup also, after supping, saying,
"This cup is the New Covenant in My blood; as often as you drink it, do this in remembrance of Me."
How then do you explain these scriptures:

Paul describes the Jews and Gentiles as separated but then he says:
But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near in the blood of Christ. For he is our peace, who has made us both one, and has broken down the dividing wall of hostility, by abolishing in his flesh the law of commandments and ordinances, that he might create in himself one new man in place of the two, (Eph 2:13-15)
The Law has been abolished.
He abolished the Law "in His flesh" because that was the Law did: It KILLED the flesh/person.
Col 2 says much the same:
And you, who were dead in trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses, having cancelled the bond which stood against us with its legal demands; this he set aside, nailing it to the cross. (Col 2:14)
Yes, He did that.
On the one hand, a former commandment is annulled because of its weakness and uselessness, for the law brought nothing to perfection; on the other hand, a better hope is introduced, through which we draw near to God. (Heb 7:18-19)
Yes, I agree.
When there is a change of priesthood, there is necessarily a change of law as well. (Heb 7:12)
The change occurred with the Sacrificial Laws. But in the new world they will be reinstituted.
For if that first covenant had been faultless, no place would have been sought for a second one. But he finds fault with them and says: “Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will conclude a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah. (Heb 8:7-8)
God's covenant was not at fault. The Law is Holy. Sinful man was at fault. But that's the way God created our first parents.
When he speaks of a “new” covenant, he declares the first one obsolete. And what has become obsolete and has grown old is close to disappearing (Heb 8:13)
Christ's own words: He came to fulfill, not abolish, nor make obsolete. Every Law is fulfilled in Christ.
He takes away the first to establish the second (Heb 10:9)
And this was necessary as per the plan of God for man.
The whole plan of God to create a sinful man and from him and the first woman who was also created sinful it was a progression of covenants and acts of God which brought about the salvation of God's people, everyone who is named in the book of life of the lamb slain. But Christ fulfilled, not abolished.
Think a little harder. Paul's words do not contradict Jesus' words. They compliment them.

I was responding to:
Exeter said:
I'm going with this:

1Co 11:23-25 For I received from the Lord what I also delivered to you, that the Lord Jesus in the night in which he was betrayed took bread; (24) And giving thanks, He broke it and said, "Take, eat; this is My body, which is broken for you; this do in remembrance of Me." (25) In the same way He took the cup also, after supping, saying,
"This cup is the New Covenant in My blood; as often as you drink it, do this in remembrance of Me."

He abolished the Law "in His flesh" because that was the Law did: It KILLED the flesh/person.

It says he abolished the Law.

Yes, He did that.

So you agree he cancelled the Law.
Yes, I agree.

You agree that the former commandment (the Law) was cancelled.
The change occurred with the Sacrificial Laws. But in the new world they will be reinstituted.

The Law was cancelled. All the Law in the Mosaic Law was cancelled. Not just the sacrificial law.
God's covenant was not at fault. The Law is Holy. Sinful man was at fault. But that's the way God created our first parents.

Scripture says the Mosaic law had fault not mankind.

God didn't create Adam and Eve sinful.
Christ's own words: He came to fulfill, not abolish, nor make obsolete. Every Law is fulfilled in Christ.
And he did fulfill them. And they have passed away.

Galatians 3:
Before faith came, we [Jews] were held in custody under law, confined for the faith that was to be revealed. Consequently, the law was our disciplinarian for Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a disciplinarian. (Gal 3:23-25).
Paul says We (Jews) are not under the Law

And this was necessary as per the plan of God for man.
The whole plan of God to create a sinful man and from him and the first woman who was also created sinful it was a progression of covenants and acts of God which brought about the salvation of God's people, everyone who is named in the book of life of the lamb slain.

Where does scripture say God's plan was to create a sinful man?

But Christ fulfilled, not abolished.
Scripture says they were abolished or annulled.

Think a little harder. Paul's words do not contradict Jesus' words. They compliment them.

It is your words that contradict Christ and Paul, and the writer of Hebrews.

You also seem to be ignoring the words of Jeremiah and Hebrews
“The days will come, says the Lord,
when I will establish a new covenant with the house of Israel
and with the house of Judah;
not like the covenant that I made with their fathers
on the day when I took them by the hand
to lead them out of the land of Egypt
(Heb 8:8-9, quoting Jer 31:31-32), followed in Heb 8:13 the writer concludes In speaking of a new covenant he treats the first as obsolete. And what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

8 And God spake unto Noah, and to his sons with him, saying,
9 And I, behold, I establish my covenant with you, and with your seed after you;
10 And with every living creature that is with you, of the fowl, of the cattle, and of every beast of the earth with you; from all that go out of the ark, to every beast of the earth. 11 And I will establish my covenant with you; neither shall all flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood; neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth.
Gen. 9:8–11.

16 And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth. Gen. 9:16.

This covenant expresses God's promise to not flood the earth again and destroy all life.
Next time He'll do it with fire.

It says he established a covenant with every living creature. That includes all humans.

Yes Mungo might have discovered by now how you reject every scripture given your way and return an answer ( excuse/diversion) why you do not approve of what was shown to you.

The law was not honourable, and Jesus did come to make it honourable, it is a new law that proceeded from the Father, HIs judgement to rest for a light of the people, to give the Messiah for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles.

Isaiah 42:6 I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;

Isaiah 42:21 The Lord is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he will magnify the law, and make it honourable.

Isaiah 51:4 Hearken unto me, my people; and give ear unto me, O my nation: for a law shall proceed from me, and I will make my judgment to rest for a light of the people.

Jesus then changes the law, it is no longer eye for eye, and resisting evil, with evil, to no longer ( as in the law) be overcome of evil, but to now overcome evil WITH GOOD.

Matthew 5:38 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:
39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

Romans 12:19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.
21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

Hebrews tells of the change of the priesthood, and the details of that are no longer being in an evil conscience, now being in a good conscience. ( the old ways are passed away, waxed old.) By a NEW LIVING WAY, drawing near with a true heart in full assurance of the faith. The good conscience which is new to us is, of Christ risen from the dead.)

Hebrews 7:12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

Hebrews 8:13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Hebrews 10:20 By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;
21 And having an high priest over the house of God;
22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

1 Peter 3:21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

The new covenant is God writing His fear into our hearts, which is as told, sanctifying the Lord God in our hearts, giving answer of the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear, having learned of Christ who is meek and lowly in heart, to find rest for our souls, which they the first time could not find, as they did not seek all of this by faith, but by the same works of the law that hold them back.

Jeremiah 32:40 And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; but I will put my fear in their hearts, that they shall not depart from me.

Matthew 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

Hebrews 4:1 Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

1 Peter 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

Why say what scripture says, why not show what scripture shows ?

Scripture says God found fault WITH THEM.

Israel was lead by the hand out of Egypt, ( that was when the covenant with them was made) and from then on they did not continue in the covenant of God, and God did not regard them either. ( they did not regard God)

That is why a new covenant is made, where God is with us and we are with God, and when it is finished to be as it as with disregarded Israel, anyone one who teaches their neighbour, every man his brother, ( as priests have done for hundreds of years) deny that all know the Lord already, from the least, ( non priest) to the greatest. ( priest, in his own mind.)

Hebrews 8:7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.

Hebrews 8:8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:
9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.
10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

It says he abolished the Law.
So you agree he cancelled the Law.
He abolished the Law "in His flesh" as it says in the verse.
But do you understand what he means?
No.
You agree that the former commandment (the Law) was cancelled.
It was abolished "in His flesh."
It still applies to the born-again believer but in a new way.
Do you know what "in His flesh" means and what Paul is talking about?
No.
The Law was cancelled. All the Law in the Mosaic Law was cancelled. Not just the sacrificial law.
Great. Now I don't sin by having other gods before me and adultery is no longer a sin.
Thanks.
Paul says the Law was holy, just, and good:

12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.
Rom. 7:12.
God didn't create Adam and Eve sinful.
Adam sinned. Sin comes from sinner.

13 As saith the proverb of the ancients, Wickedness proceedeth from the wicked:
1 Sam. 24:13.
And he did fulfill them. And they have passed away.
Galatians 3:
Before faith came, we [Jews] were held in custody under law, confined for the faith that was to be revealed. Consequently, the law was our disciplinarian for Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a disciplinarian. (Gal 3:23-25).
Paul says We (Jews) are not under the Law
That's because Christ abolished the Law "in His flesh."

Where does scripture say God's plan was to create a sinful man?
There is only One God
There is NONE like Him
He gives His glory to NO ONE.
With this in mind what was the composition of the first created man?
Holy or unholy?
Sinner or sinless?
As Strong's defines the "harmatia" (translated 'sin') it means "to miss the mark" (think archery.)
What is that "mark" missed?
The glory of God.
The only Person that can stand before a Holy God is a Holy Son.
Scripture says they were abolished or annulled.
Here's something to think about.
In the OT the Law was type and shadow of the Holy Spirit. It was HE (the Law) God promised to put in our inward parts (Jer. 31:33.)
Christ fulfilled the Law.
Christ abolished the Law "in His flesh."
The Spirit of Christ is within us.
Thus, the Law is within us in the Person of the Holy Spirit. When we violate the Law within us, He addresses our sin through our conscience from within not from without which was the Law written on stone.
Paul says the Law is holy, and just, and good. Scripture also says "the Word of God endures forever." So, it cannot be abolished. It is forever. To say the Law, which is type and shadow of the Holy Spirit, is abolished then this is tantamount to God abolishing Himself (suicide) and that's also impossible.
It doesn't say Christ abolished the Law. Period.
It says Christ abolished the Law "in His flesh."
Now, can you take this to its reasonable conclusion?
What does it mean "in His flesh?"
It is your words that contradict Christ and Paul, and the writer of Hebrews.
You also seem to be ignoring the words of Jeremiah and Hebrews
“The days will come, says the Lord,
when I will establish a new covenant with the house of Israel
and with the house of Judah;
not like the covenant that I made with their fathers
on the day when I took them by the hand
to lead them out of the land of Egypt
(Heb 8:8-9, quoting Jer 31:31-32), followed in Heb 8:13 the writer concludes In speaking of a new covenant he treats the first as obsolete. And what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
I answered you/this above. Take some time and think this through. At least you went to Jeremiah 31:33ff.
You can get this.

Great. Now I don't sin by having other gods before me and adultery is no longer a sin.
Thanks.

Colossians 3:5 Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:

Paul says the Law was holy, just, and good:

12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.
Rom. 7:12.

It was holy and good, but not perfect, so had to be changed. ( nothing good in stoning people to death, it was only good for the times.)

John 8:3 And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst,
4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.
5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?

Hebrews 7:19 For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God.

In the OT the Law was type and shadow of the Holy Spirit. It was HE (the Law) God promised to put in our inward parts (Jer. 31:33.)
Christ fulfilled the Law.
Christ abolished the Law "in His flesh."
The Spirit of Christ is within us.
Thus, the Law is within us in the Person of the Holy Spirit. When we violate the Law within us, He addresses our sin through our conscience from within not from without which was the Law written on stone.
Paul says the Law is holy, and just, and good. Scripture also says "the Word of God endures forever." So, it cannot be abolished. It is forever. To say the Law, which is type and shadow of the Holy Spirit, is abolished then this is tantamount to God abolishing Himself (suicide) and that's also impossible.
It doesn't say Christ abolished the Law. Period.
It says Christ abolished the Law "in His flesh."
Now, can you take this to its reasonable conclusion?
What does it mean "in His flesh?"
Flesh is killing, the law is changed, flesh is seeking to keep your life, Jesus changed the law to lose your life and hate it, flesh is adultery, Jesus changed the law to no longer desire what is of the flesh and law.

What does not endure forever, is what is changed, you do not hate your enemies, you love them, you do not take life from anyone, you lay your life down for all.

But it's not the covenant that saves from sin, only from flooding again.
It is the covenant of the figure of being saved by water, water came to condemn the old world, the same as the old law is condemned, as we are saved by the baptismal belief in Christ rising from the dead to save us from the flood of ungodly men.

2 Samuel 22:5 When the waves of death compassed me, the floods of ungodly men made me afraid;

Hebrews 11:7 By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

1Peter 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.
21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

So anyway, God has made no covenant with the Jews, nor with anyone else who tries to teach others, but the Spirit will verify, who can tell the truth and who cant.

The Jews do not confess Christ, but all who confess and deny in works of unrighteousness, dont confess either, because everything should be fair and even, right.

Colossians 3:5 Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:

It was holy and good, but not perfect, so had to be changed. ( nothing good in stoning people to death, it was only good for the times.)
Make up your mind.
"Nothing is good.....it was only good for the times" is saying two opposite things.
John 8:3 And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst,
4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.
5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?
Yes, the letter of the Law.
Jesus taught the spirit of the Law. Same Law.
Hebrews 7:19 For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God.
Flesh is killing, the law is changed, flesh is seeking to keep your life, Jesus changed the law to lose your life and hate it, flesh is adultery, Jesus changed the law to no longer desire what is of the flesh and law.
And how did Jesus change the Law, and what Law?
What does not endure forever, is what is changed, you do not hate your enemies, you love them, you do not take life from anyone, you lay your life down for all.
The original command of God to His covenant people in WHO to love is found in Leviticus 19:17-18 and He commands His covenant people to love their fellow covenant people NOT to love the unsaved, unholy enemies of God. To love the enemy of the King is treason.

It is the covenant of the figure of being saved by water, water came to condemn the old world, the same as the old law is condemned, as we are saved by the baptismal belief in Christ rising from the dead to save us from the flood of ungodly men.

2 Samuel 22:5 When the waves of death compassed me, the floods of ungodly men made me afraid;

Hebrews 11:7 By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

1Peter 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.
21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:
How long have you been saved and what denomination church do you go?

Who is a Jew or the nation Israel?​

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back