Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

GOD HAS MADE NO COVENANT WITH GENTILES

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
We see the world believed as Gentiles, ( uncircumcision.) because the gospel of uncircumcision was with Paul,, mighty, as opposed to the gospel of circumcision with Peter, effective. ( this is how God has made no mighty gospel towards the circumcision.)

Romans 11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:

Galatians 2:7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;
8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:)
Peter was not the only apostle to the Jews and Paul was not the only apostle to the Gentiles.

Now what is I guess Mungo is saying the right thing about Adam and Eve, compared to yourself.
Eve concludes how the serpent beguiled her.
2 Corinthians 11, is a direct comparison to that event. How by some means, the tempter can tempt us. ( 1 Thessalonians 3:5.)
The serpent through hi subtilty, beguiled Eve, and likewise can corrupt our minds from the simplicity that is in Christ.
Whether Eve or anyone today the same applies to all:

14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. 15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death. 16 Do not err, my beloved brethren. James 1:14–16.

The woman was tempted when she was drawn away of her own lust. She needed no one external to tempt her for it says temptation comes from within.
That is the same as someone preaching another Jesus, ( as the serpent preached with subtilty, another answer to what God told Adam and Eve.)
And who or what is the serpent?
That is the other spirit, which Paul cuts of all occasion from them, for such as false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ, as satan is transformed into an angel of light, ( angels are with us) and the ministers of satan are transofmred as the ministers of righteousness. ( their works are what cause people to disbelieve, as we now understand about Adam and Eve, disbelief is what and where sin comes from.)
Genesis 3:13 And the Lord God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.
Romans 14:23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.
2 Corinthians 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.
2 Corinthians 11:12 But what I do, that I will do, that I may cut off occasion from them which desire occasion; that wherein they glory, they may be found even as we.
13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.
1 Thessalonians 3:5 For this cause, when I could no longer forbear, I sent to know your faith, lest by some means the tempter have tempted you, and our labour be in vain.
14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
16 Do not err, my beloved brethren. James 1:14–16.

There is not one method of temptation for the woman and one for everyone else. Temptation comes from within the person as it did with the woman. There was no external presence making the woman eat from the tree. It was a test of God's creation. They sinned because they were sinners and that's the only way God could create them outside Himself.

God still made man in His image, and that is why we see God through Jesus Christ, because we believe in God through Him, as opposed to not believing in God as seen in those made in the image of God, Adam and Eve, but were corrupted by the serpent.
The image of God is Christ not Adam. We are being conformed into the image of Christ who is the image of the invisible God, not Adam. Adam is of the earth earthy.
There is no better image of a Father than a Son, don't you think?
Thats the full picture, why not include the essential parts.
Romans 5:19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
1 Corinthians 15:20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.
21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
Philippians 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
God has made no covenant with Gentiles. Everything Gentiles have in Christ is through the blessing God placed on Abraham not through covenant.

Galatians 1:6-7
6 I am amazed that you are so quickly deserting Him who called you by the grace of Christ, for a different gospel;
7 which is really not another; only there are some who are disturbing you and want to distort the gospel of Christ.

Paul says nothing here about what he meant by "another Gospel." He remarked only that the Gentile believers in the province of Galatia were "quickly deserting Him who called you by the grace of Christ," and that "there are some who...want to distort the Gospel of Christ." Not until the end of chapter 2 does Paul actually begin to explain what this distortion of the Gospel actually was, which he does by talking about the apostle Peter doing to Gentile believers what Paul later in his letter to the Galatian Gentile believers described the "Judaizers" were doing to them.
Judaizers followed Paul and instructed the Gentile believers they had to be circumcised to be saved. There are two Greek words translated as "another."
Heteros and allos.
Heteros means "another of a different kind."
There are ten ink pens in front of you. They are all pens, but one is a Parker, one a Bic, one a Pentel, etc.
Allos means "another of the same kind."
There are ten ink pens in front of you all the same maker and model.

6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another (heteros - of a different kind) gospel:
7 Which is not another (allos - of the same kind); but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. Gal. 1:6–7.
Galatians 2:11-16
11 But when Cephas came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face, because he stood condemned.
12 For prior to the coming of certain men from James, he used to eat with the Gentiles; but when they came, he began to withdraw and hold himself aloof, fearing the party of the circumcision.
13 The rest of the Jews joined him in hypocrisy, with the result that even Barnabas was carried away by their hypocrisy.
14 But when I saw that they were not straightforward about the truth of the gospel, I said to Cephas in the presence of all, "If you, being a Jew, live like the Gentiles and not like the Jews, how is it that you compel the Gentiles to live like Jews?
15 "We are Jews by nature and not sinners from among the Gentiles;
16 nevertheless knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the Law but through faith in Christ Jesus, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, so that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the Law; since by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified.

Here, Paul starts to explain that the "different (or, another) Gospel" sought to justify a person in the Old Covenant manner, by the "works of the Law" - in the case of the Gentile Galatians, circumcision. The "Judaizers" in the province of Galatia were insisting that male Gentile believers were to be circumcised, according to OT Jewish law. But, as Paul wrote in the passage above, "by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified (made righteous)."

Galatians 5:1-6
1 It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery.
2 Behold I, Paul, say to you that if you receive circumcision, Christ will be of no benefit to you.
3 And I testify again to every man who receives circumcision, that he is under obligation to keep the whole Law.
4 You have been severed from Christ, you who are seeking to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
5 For we through the Spirit, by faith, are waiting for the hope of righteousness.
6 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything, but faith working through love.

Here Paul delineated the true Gospel he had preached from the "different Gospel" of the Judaizers. As you can see, it isn't the Mosaic Law that is the "different Gospel," but the idea that through keeping the Law a person could be justified before God.
It was circumcision. And Paul makes a "Ha Ha" about these Judaizers:

10 I have confidence in you through the Lord, that ye will be none otherwise minded: but he that troubleth you shall bear his judgment, whosoever he be. 11 And I, brethren, if I yet preach circumcision, why do I yet suffer persecution? then is the offence of the cross ceased. 12 I would they were even cut off which trouble you.
Gal. 5:9–12.
It is obviously false what you've asserted here. Why would Jewish believers - circumcised in infancy as a matter of their being Jewish - be pressed by the "Judaizers" to be circumcised? Very clearly, it was primarily to uncircumcised believers, that is, Gentile believers, that Paul addressed his letter, not "Jewish brethren."
On this subject in Paul's epistle he addresses that Gentiles were being wrongly instructed in Paul's absence they had to be circumcised to be saved.
But Paul in all his epistles is writing to Jewish believers. There were Gentile believers also in these house churches.
Absolutely false. Just read the letter! Yikes. See above. Consider also:

Galatians 6:12-13
12 Those who desire to make a good showing in the flesh try to compel you to be circumcised, simply so that they will not be persecuted for the cross of Christ.
13 For those who are circumcised do not even keep the Law themselves, but they desire to have you circumcised so that they may boast in your flesh.

You aren't part of a proper - that is, biblically-careful - community of believers, are you? If you were and had expressed your erroneous notions to it as you have done in this thread, you're erroneous notions would have been directly corrected. Get connected to a local community of Bible-believing, scripturally-careful Christians.

Ephesians 4:11-16
11 And He gave some as apostles, and some as prophets, and some as evangelists, and some as pastors and teachers,
12 for the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ;
13 until we all attain to the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a mature man, to the measure of the stature which belongs to the fullness of Christ.
14 As a result, we are no longer to be children, tossed here and there by waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, by craftiness in deceitful scheming;
15 but speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in all aspects into Him who is the head, even Christ,
16 from whom the whole body, being fitted and held together by what every joint supplies, according to the proper working of each individual part, causes the growth of the body for the building up of itself in love.

And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.

1. Abraham was a Gentile.

So right off the bat, your theory is totally and completely unbiblical.

2. God specifically made a covenant with the Gentiles through Christ.

Thus says God the LORD, Who created the heavens and stretched them out, Who spread forth the earth and that which comes from it, Who gives breath to the people on it, And spirit to those who walk on it:
I, the LORD, have called You in righteousness, And will hold Your hand; I will keep You and give You as a covenant to the people, As a light to the Gentiles, Isaiah 42:5-6

JLB

1. Abraham was a Gentile.
Abraham was a descendant of Eber. The Hebrew people come from Eber.

13 And there came one that had escaped, and told Abram the Hebrew; for he dwelt in the plain of Mamre the Amorite, brother of Eshcol, and brother of Aner: and these were confederate with Abram. Gen. 14:13.
So right off the bat, your theory is totally and completely unbiblical.

Abraham was Hebrew not Gentile.

13 And there came one that had escaped, and told Abram the Hebrew; for he dwelt in the plain of Mamre the Amorite, brother of Eshcol, and brother of Aner: and these were confederate with Abram. Gen. 14:13.
2. God specifically made a covenant with the Gentiles through Christ.
God made no covenant with Gentiles.
Abraham was Hebrew not Gentile:

Thus says God the LORD, Who created the heavens and stretched them out, Who spread forth the earth and that which comes from it, Who gives breath to the people on it, And spirit to those who walk on it:
I, the LORD, have called You in righteousness, And will hold Your hand; I will keep You and give You as a covenant to the people, As a light to the Gentiles, Isaiah 42:5-6
JLB
SEE ABOVE.

It is important to know this about the creative make-up of the first man and woman.
Adam is not the image of God because for one God is Spirit and man earthy. And there is great distinction.

47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.
48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly. 1 Cor. 15:47–48.

Well, it doesn't mean "morally good" for that's another word and it's not here in the creation narrative. The word means "to specification" as though the Lord is saying "good enough" or a job well done. But not "morally good."

Then don't add to the bible and give a word a certain meaning that it does not possess.
God created man in His image, male and female they were created, Eve was taken out of man, therefore shall a man leave his father and mother and cleave unto his wife and they shall be one flesh.

Two joined together are one body, for two says God are one flesh. But he that is joined to the Lord is one Spirit.

The man is the image and glory of God, but the woman is the glory of man, the woman is of the man, the woman was created for the man.

We are members of Christs flesh and of His bones, for this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh. A great mystery:, I speak concerning Christ and the church. ( married to another who is the invisible image of God.)

Genesis 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Genesis 2:22 And the rib, which the Lord God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.
23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.
24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

1 Corinthians 6:16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.
17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

1 Corinthians 11:7 For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man.
8 For the man is not of the woman: but the woman of the man.
9 Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.

Ephesians 5:30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.
32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

Romans 7:4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

Colossians 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

Abraham was Hebrew not Gentile.

Abraham was Hebrew not Gentile:

SEE ABOVE.
Abraham became a Hebrew, Abram was with his fathers house, ( non Hebrew) and God commanded him to get out from them all. ( God says He called Abraham our father alone.)

Then while Abram was still not Hebrew, ( yet uncircumcised) God tells of the covenant of making Abram many nations, and then is called Abraham. ( Abram is known as a Hebrew to God, but is not yet a Hebrew to the circumcision/not yet of circumcision.)

Genesis 12:1 Now the Lord had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:

Genesis 17:5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

Isaiah 51:2 Look unto Abraham your father, and unto Sarah that bare you: for I called him alone, and blessed him, and increased him.

Romans 4:12 And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised.

Peter was not the only apostle to the Jews and Paul was not the only apostle to the Gentiles.
Paul is example to the Gentiles, here are some to remind you, and how we have that full example to follow only..

1 Corinthians 4:9 For I think that God hath set forth us the apostles last, as it were appointed to death: for we are made a spectacle unto the world, and to angels, and to men.
10 We are fools for Christ's sake, but ye are wise in Christ; we are weak, but ye are strong; ye are honourable, but we are despised.
11 Even unto this present hour we both hunger, and thirst, and are naked, and are buffeted, and have no certain dwellingplace;
12 And labour, working with our own hands: being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we suffer it:
13 Being defamed, we intreat: we are made as the filth of the world, and are the offscouring of all things unto this day.
14 I write not these things to shame you, but as my beloved sons I warn you.
15 For though ye have ten thousand instructers in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.
16 Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.

Whether Eve or anyone today the same applies to all:

14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. 15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death. 16 Do not err, my beloved brethren. James 1:14–16.

The woman was tempted when she was drawn away of her own lust. She needed no one external to tempt her for it says temptation comes from within.

And who or what is the serpent?

14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
16 Do not err, my beloved brethren. James 1:14–16.

There is not one method of temptation for the woman and one for everyone else. Temptation comes from within the person as it did with the woman. There was no external presence making the woman eat from the tree. It was a test of God's creation. They sinned because they were sinners and that's the only way God could create them outside Himself.
God speaks externally to the serpent, not to Adam and Eve.

Satan goes from the presence of the Lord.

Gods hands formed the crooked serpent.

The Lord punishes leviathan the piercing serpent, even leviathan that crooked serpent.

Genesis 3:14 And the Lord God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

Job 2:7 So went Satan forth from the presence of the Lord, and smote Job with sore boils from the sole of his foot unto his crown.

Job 26:13 By his spirit he hath garnished the heavens; his hand hath formed the crooked serpent.

Isaiah 27:1 In that day the Lord with his sore and great and strong sword shall punish leviathan the piercing serpent, even leviathan that crooked serpent; and he shall slay the dragon that is in the sea.

Jesus teaches how satan cannot cast out satan.

Satan comes to them when the word is spoken, to take the word that was sown in their hearts out.

Satan cannot be divided from himself, as he has his own kingdom.

The false prophet comes after the working of satan.

Mark 3:23 And he called them unto him, and said unto them in parables, How can Satan cast out Satan?

Mark 4:15 And these are they by the way side, where the word is sown; but when they have heard, Satan cometh immediately, and taketh away the word that was sown in their hearts.

Luke 11:18 If Satan also be divided against himself, how shall his kingdom stand? because ye say that I cast out devils through Beelzebub.

Satan tempts for being incontinent. ( lacking restraint.)

We forgive so satan does not get an advantage of us, to not be ignorant of his devices.

Satan hindered Paul from travelling. ) Pauls mind did not hinder himself.)

1 Corinthians 7:5 Defraud ye not one the other, except it be with consent for a time, that ye may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again, that Satan tempt you not for your incontinency.

2 Corinthians 2:10 To whom ye forgive any thing, I forgive also: for if I forgave any thing, to whom I forgave it, for your sakes forgave I it in the person of Christ;
11 Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.

1 Thessalonians 2:18 Wherefore we would have come unto you, even I Paul, once and again; but Satan hindered us.

2 Thessalonians 2:9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

Every man is tempted of his own lust, by the tempter, who is a spirit that works in them, spirit of antichrist also.

Ephesians 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

1 Timothy 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

Revelation 16:14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.

Judaizers followed Paul and instructed the Gentile believers they had to be circumcised to be saved.

??? Clearly, the Judaizers did not follow Paul, since they were preaching a Gospel different from what Paul had preached.

There are two Greek words translated as "another."
Heteros and allos.
Heteros means "another of a different kind."
There are ten ink pens in front of you. They are all pens, but one is a Parker, one a Bic, one a Pentel, etc.
Allos means "another of the same kind."
There are ten ink pens in front of you all the same maker and model.

6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another (heteros - of a different kind) gospel:
7 Which is not another (allos - of the same kind); but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. Gal. 1:6–7.

??? What is all this for? What does it have to do with the point I made about Paul beginning to explain what the "different Gospel" was, exactly, in chapter 2?

It was circumcision. And Paul makes a "Ha Ha" about these Judaizers:

10 I have confidence in you through the Lord, that ye will be none otherwise minded: but he that troubleth you shall bear his judgment, whosoever he be. 11 And I, brethren, if I yet preach circumcision, why do I yet suffer persecution? then is the offence of the cross ceased. 12 I would they were even cut off which trouble you.
Gal. 5:9–12.

*Shrugs* What does this have to do with the price of tea in China? Nothing. Just like it has nothing to do with the points I made in my last post.

On this subject in Paul's epistle he addresses that Gentiles were being wrongly instructed in Paul's absence they had to be circumcised to be saved.
But Paul in all his epistles is writing to Jewish believers. There were Gentile believers also in these house churches.

Nope. I've already shown why this is a silly idea to hold, which nothing you assert here rebuts at all. Paul was writing to uncircumcised people - Gentiles - in his letter to the Galatian Christians, encouraging them not to be brought under the law-keeping of Jewish false teachers.

It is important to know this about the creative make-up of the first man and woman.
Adam is not the image of God because for one God is Spirit and man earthy. And there is great distinction.

47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.
48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly. 1 Cor. 15:47–48.

Scripture still says God made man in his image and likeness.
If you don't believe scripture that is your loss.

Well, it doesn't mean "morally good" for that's another word and it's not here in the creation narrative. The word means "to specification" as though the Lord is saying "good enough" or a job well done. But not "morally good."

In your personal opinion.
Then don't add to the bible and give a word a certain meaning that it does not possess.
I take what the Bible says; not my own inventions.

God controls how much light a person receives to understand His Word.
I gave you too much credit and thought you had all the major doctrines on this subject under your belt, but I was wrong.
So you still cannot explain what you meant. I didn't think yoiu could.

Abraham was a Gentile.

And you shall answer and say before the LORD your God: ‘My father was a Syrian, about to perish, and he went down to Egypt and dwelt there, few in number; and there he became a nation, great, mighty, and populous. Deuteronomy 26:5

God used Abraham the Gentile to show how He would, in the future, justify the Gentiles by faith.

And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel to Abraham beforehand, saying, “In you all the nations shall be blessed.” Galatians 3:8

JLB

God created man in His image, male and female they were created, Eve was taken out of man, therefore shall a man leave his father and mother and cleave unto his wife and they shall be one flesh.

Two joined together are one body, for two says God are one flesh. But he that is joined to the Lord is one Spirit.

The man is the image and glory of God, but the woman is the glory of man, the woman is of the man, the woman was created for the man.

We are members of Christs flesh and of His bones, for this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh. A great mystery:, I speak concerning Christ and the church. ( married to another who is the invisible image of God.)

Genesis 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Genesis 2:22 And the rib, which the Lord God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.
23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.
24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

1 Corinthians 6:16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.
17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

1 Corinthians 11:7 For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man.
8 For the man is not of the woman: but the woman of the man.
9 Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.

Ephesians 5:30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.
32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

Romans 7:4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

Colossians 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
Do you really think a man that God says is earthy and does not have the Holy Spirit living within is the image of God?

Or is it the NEW man that has the Holy Spirit dwelling within him that is the image of God?

Or is God speaking and looking forward to His Son who is as we know the image of God?

15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: Col 1:15.

???

Abraham became a Hebrew, Abram was with his fathers house, ( non Hebrew) and God commanded him to get out from them all. ( God says He called Abraham our father alone.)

Then while Abram was still not Hebrew, ( yet uncircumcised) God tells of the covenant of making Abram many nations, and then is called Abraham. ( Abram is known as a Hebrew to God, but is not yet a Hebrew to the circumcision/not yet of circumcision.)

Genesis 12:1 Now the Lord had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:

Genesis 17:5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

Isaiah 51:2 Look unto Abraham your father, and unto Sarah that bare you: for I called him alone, and blessed him, and increased him.

Romans 4:12 And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised.
Hello? Are you listening? Hello?
Scholars agree that the Hebrew people came from Eber who was direct ancestor to Abraham. Eber, Shem, Abraham. This is addressed and he is identified in Scripture as Hebrew from whom the twelve tribes would come from their father Jacob whom God changed his name to Israel and one of the tribes/sons name is Judah from where we get the designation "Jew."

ALL Gentiles NOT in this line of family from Eber are Gentile. Gentiles were not covenant and come from both Ham and Japheth the other two sons of Noah.

Paul is example to the Gentiles, here are some to remind you, and how we have that full example to follow only..
1 Corinthians 4:9 For I think that God hath set forth us the apostles last, as it were appointed to death: for we are made a spectacle unto the world, and to angels, and to men.
10 We are fools for Christ's sake, but ye are wise in Christ; we are weak, but ye are strong; ye are honourable, but we are despised.
11 Even unto this present hour we both hunger, and thirst, and are naked, and are buffeted, and have no certain dwellingplace;
12 And labour, working with our own hands: being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we suffer it:
13 Being defamed, we intreat: we are made as the filth of the world, and are the offscouring of all things unto this day.
14 I write not these things to shame you, but as my beloved sons I warn you.
15 For though ye have ten thousand instructers in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.
16 Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.
Paul was not the only apostle to the Gentiles to seek out his tribal brethren. God sent the eleven before He ascended to reach out to the twelve tribes scattered throughout the then-known world, including the Orient, that Israel's Promised Messiah had come.

God speaks externally to the serpent, not to Adam and Eve.
So, if the woman was tempted by Lucifer then it is not her fault. She can now say "the devil made me do it" and is free from sin because God cannot judge her if it's not her fault.
You chide me because you think I don't accept Scripture but here's a Scripture that destroys your ideas that Lucifer was in the Garden of God with the woman and tempted her:

4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be vreserved unto judgment; 2 Pe 2:4.

God says the angels that sinned are locked in chains of darkness. So, it cannot be Lucifer tempting the woman but her own desire:

16 Do not err, my beloved brethren. James 1:13–16.

But YOU DO err.
Satan goes from the presence of the Lord.
The term "satan" is a characteristic. It means "adversary" and Scripture gives that designation to men as well.
Gods hands formed the crooked serpent.
Ah, so God created evil? Finally, you agree:

6 That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west,
That there is none beside me.
I am the LORD, and there is none else.
7 I form the light, and create darkness:
I make peace, and create evil:
I the LORD do all these things.
Is 45:6–7.

Good for you.
Jesus teaches how satan cannot cast out satan.
Satan comes to them when the word is spoken, to take the word that was sown in their hearts out.
Satan cannot be divided from himself, as he has his own kingdom.
The false prophet comes after the working of satan.
All of these are men.
Satan hindered Paul from travelling. ) Pauls mind did not hinder himself.)
The adversary in men is what hindered him. Maybe there was only one ship and the shipmaster refused to let Paul ride his boat because he was Christian, and the shipmaster was Jew? There is no fallen angel named Satan.

??? Clearly, the Judaizers did not follow Paul, since they were preaching a Gospel different from what Paul had preached.

??? What is all this for? What does it have to do with the point I made about Paul beginning to explain what the "different Gospel" was, exactly, in chapter 2?

*Shrugs* What does this have to do with the price of tea in China? Nothing. Just like it has nothing to do with the points I made in my last post.

Nope. I've already shown why this is a silly idea to hold, which nothing you assert here rebuts at all. Paul was writing to uncircumcised people - Gentiles - in his letter to the Galatian Christians, encouraging them not to be brought under the law-keeping of Jewish false teachers.
There were only two (not counting the Essenes) faiths in Israel after the cross. Judaism and Christianity (which is completed Judaism, but the religious leaders rejected their Messiah. The people accepted Him. 3000 people saved at Peter's sermon is evidence of that.)
Judaizers followed Paul and harassed him for being priest and preaching Jesus Christ crucified on a cursed tree. They pushed the Gentile Christians to be circumcised and become converts to their religion and they'll be saved. THIS is the "another gospel" of another kind but not the gospel of the same kind he wrote in Galatians 1.

But God made no covenant with Gentiles.

Scripture still says God made man in his image and likeness.
If you don't believe scripture that is your loss.

In your personal opinion.

I take what the Bible says; not my own inventions.
Scripture says Christ is the image of the invisible God:

15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: Col. 1:15.

There is nothing about Adam and the woman....

2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created. Gen. 5:1–2.

...that is the image of God unless you want to call God female. Does God have female attributes?

The only sensible understanding of the image of God would be either the NEW man created in holiness and righteousness, or God looked forward to His Son WHO IS the image of the invisible God.

How can earthy man and woman who have not the Holy Spirit and are totally 'in the flesh' have the image of God in them?

49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.
50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption. 1 Cor. 15:49–50.

Adam and the woman were created sinful, or as the word "sin" [harmatia] is defined as "missing the mark." They cannot be the image of God for God is not sinful. But the NEW man qualifies and so does Christ who is the image of the invisible God.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back