Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

GOD HAS MADE NO COVENANT WITH GENTILES

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
He abolished the Law "in His flesh" as it says in the verse.
But do you understand what he means?
No.

Go on. Tell me what your version of that means.
It was abolished "in His flesh."
It still applies to the born-again believer but in a new way.
Do you know what "in His flesh" means and what Paul is talking about?
No.

Great. Now I don't sin by having other gods before me and adultery is no longer a sin.
Thanks.

You obviously do not understand what the abolition of the Old (Mosaic) Law implies and what it does not imply.
Do you think adultery was OK before God embedded that moral law in the Ten Commandments for the Israelites?
Adam sinned. Sin comes from sinner.

God did not create Adam a sinner as you claimed.
Here's something to think about.
In the OT the Law was type and shadow of the Holy Spirit. It was HE (the Law) God promised to put in our inward parts (Jer. 31:33.)
Christ fulfilled the Law.
Christ abolished the Law "in His flesh."
The Spirit of Christ is within us.
Thus, the Law is within us in the Person of the Holy Spirit. When we violate the Law within us, He addresses our sin through our conscience from within not from without which was the Law written on stone.
Paul says the Law is holy, and just, and good. Scripture also says "the Word of God endures forever." So, it cannot be abolished. It is forever. To say the Law, which is type and shadow of the Holy Spirit, is abolished then this is tantamount to God abolishing Himself (suicide) and that's also impossible.
It doesn't say Christ abolished the Law. Period.
It says Christ abolished the Law "in His flesh."
Now, can you take this to its reasonable conclusion?
What does it mean "in His flesh?"

I answered you/this above. Take some time and think this through. At least you went to Jeremiah 31:33ff.
You can get this.

As gordon777 said I have now discovered "how you reject every scripture given your way and return an answer ( excuse/diversion) why you do not approve of what was shown to you."

Glad you saw that Mungo, we know that the law is gone, and how it was good for the time, for Israel described as stiff necked, but when Christ was sent, meekness, harmlessness, love, kindness, true holiness, truth, righteousness, ( of the Kingdom of Heaven.) the grace of Christ is revealed, by the Holy Ghost sent down from Heaven for us to believe in.

Israel had none of that belief, it was never given, and when it was given it was unwanted, just the same as graciousness is not wanted in a disputing, prideful ungodly world.

You obviously do not understand what the abolition of the Old (Mosaic) Law implies and what it does not imply.
Do you think adultery was OK before God embedded that moral law in the Ten Commandments for the Israelites?
God did not create Adam a sinner as you claimed.
As gordon777 said I have now discovered "how you reject every scripture given your way and return an answer ( excuse/diversion) why you do not approve of what was shown to you."
The answer is in "what was the composition of the first man and woman?"
In other words, "what was the creative result of Adam and the woman that God created?"
Sinless? Or sinful? Holy? Or unholy? Righteous? Or unrighteous?
For my answer let's say I am correct that the only way God could create a man (from here I use man for both sexes) is in a sinful state of being, that is, less than God, fallen short of His glory.
There is only ONE standard by which all creation is measured against and that is God.
A reasonable mind would conclude that sin comes from sinner.

13 As saith the proverb of the ancients, Wickedness proceedeth from the wicked:
1 Sa 24:13.

Ancient. But how ancient? From the time of Adam? Maybe. But let me continue.
Now, in function of the Tabernacle the high priest must offer a sacrifice for his own sins before entering the Holy of holies, the Presence of God. The experience of Queen Esther gives insight in this also in which for six months she endured 'anointing' of her person of fragrances and perfumes before attending to the presence of the king. Same concept as for the high priest. And today knowing that God says He doesn't 'hear' the prayers of sinners is because they are accompanied by the anointing of Christ as a believer in Christ has his/her prayers heard. Again, the 'anointing' before going into the presence of a king. So, if God could only create a fallen short of His glory creation then this verse makes perfect sense:

8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. Rev. 13:8.

This verse says that there was a book of life and there are names of those who are to receive life. Not natural life, but eternal life. The book containing names of ALL Christ died for and who would become His Bride and Church (Eph. 5:25.)
Here it says a lamb was slain from [before] the foundation (creation) of the world. Let's say that in the same function as the high priest a sacrifice must be made for sin (and here the creation of a sinful man) before going forward in his function of entering the Holy of holies. Atonement. So, why would there be a need for God to make a sacrifice before He founded (created) the world and everything in it - including man? That's because IF God is Righteous and man was indeed created unrighteous then His character be called into question as to why and how could God who is Righteous create an unrighteous being - man? The answer is a lamb was slain from [before] the foundation (creation) of the world.

Now we have the Holy Spirit. Note the word HOLY. IF man was created sinful and God is Holy then this sinful man could not stand before Him without God being offended. NOTHING sinful will endure before a Holy God for God must deal with it, eradicate it, destroy it for God is Holy. BUT a lamb was slain from [before] the foundation (creation) of the world, so there is a sacrifice that withholds God from destroying sin and sinful man. Just as God bears (puts up) with a sinful high priest coming in His Presence: a sacrifice was made. A sweet-smelling sacrifice, a sacrifice that one day will be His Son.
There is a Father and a Son and a Holy Spirit and all three were and are involved in the plan of God for man. It was the Father's plan, the Son implemented the plan and the Holy Spirit applies the results of that plan (sacrifice) to those whose names are in the book of [eternal] life. So, you have a Holy Spirit and an unholy man. Without the sacrifice the Holy Spirit MUST destroy sin (sinful man) for he is an offense to His Holiness.

Now we have the Son. The God-Man. Fully God and fully Man. The Logos and human joined in one hypostasis, one Person with two natures. His birth was prophesied as a Holy child in Luke, and this means that opposite to man this second Adam had a holy human nature. It was this human nature that was tested in the desert as the Logos is able not to sin and is not able to sin.
Paul said the Law (and command of God) is spiritual, and holy, just and good. Paul also says the Law kills. It, or should I say, He - since the Law is type and shadow of the Holy Spirit - kills sin. He kills all sinful flesh that has not been atoned for by sacrifice, that does not have an 'anointing.' To me, when Paul says Christ abolished the Law "in His flesh," His sinless flesh that means in also fulfilling the Law the Law is abolished in the sense of its enmity against unatoned human flesh towards His people who have been atoned for. So, the Law killed Christ "in His (sinless) flesh" as opposed to the Law killing sinful flesh. But IF the Law is type and shadow of the Holy Spirit and it is He Whom God promised to put in our inward parts then God deals with His people in their conscience from within when at one time the Law dealt with His people from without written on stone. So, in this sense when we sin the Holy Spirit (the Law) deals with our conscience and from within addresses our sin and sinful acts. We agree and confess, repent, and ask God's forgiveness and relationship is restored. If we fail to heed the Spirit's urgings from within, we end up with a defiled conscience in time.

So, by Christ fulfilling the Law by His Perfect, sinless life, and God puts Him, His Spirit in our inward parts, then when God sees us, He sees us through the finished work of Christ (atonement and fulfillment) and sees us as having also fulfilled the Law and in this is our justification of being declared "Not Guilty!"

So, Christ abolished the Law in HIS (sinless) flesh for His people but the Law is within us in the Person of the Holy Spirit, BUT the Law was not abolished in its being for sinful man for God needs it in which to judge man who do not have Christ. The Law was abolished by Christ "in His flesh" for His people to spare us from the power of the Law to kill but He hasn't done this for unatoned man - every person NOT named in the book of [eternal] life of the lamb slain.

To the believer atoned by Christ the Law still applies except the Sacrificial Laws - there is no longer (for Israel) to sacrifice for their sin. They just need to be accepted by God and if accepted by God know their names are in the book of [eternal] life. But the Law commanding "thou shalt have no other gods before me" and "[do not] take the Name of the Lord in vain," etc., still apply.

So, man was created sinful and due to this and the command of "thou shalt not [eat of it]" shows that man was sinful. Adam sinned because sin comes from sinner. Sin does not come from holy. The second Adam proves this. He was sinless and He did not sin.
It's not unreasonable to come to this understanding of these things.

Scripture says, there is only ONE God, there is NONE like Him, and He gives His glory to NO ONE.

Now what?

Written to Gentiles in the province of Galatia:

Galatians 3:7-9
7 Know then that it is those of faith who are the sons of Abraham.
8 And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel beforehand to Abraham, saying, “In you shall all the nations be blessed.”
9 So then, those who are of faith are blessed along with Abraham, the man of faith.

Galatians 3:25-29
25 But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.
26 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.
27 For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
29 And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's descendants, heirs according to promise.

John 1:29
29 The next day he saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

1 John 2:1-2
1 My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.
2 He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world.

In other words, "what was the creative result of Adam and the woman that God created?"
For my answer let's say I am correct that the only way God could create a man (from here I use man for both sexes) is in a sinful state of being, that is, less than God, fallen short of His glory.
There is only ONE standard by which all creation is measured against and that is God.
Sin is an offence against God.
God did not create Adam in a state of offending God.
Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness.......... And God saw everything that he had made, and behold, it was very good. (Gen 1, 31).
All that God created was good; not in a sinful state.

13 As saith the proverb of the ancients, Wickedness proceedeth from the wicked:
1 Sa 24:13.

Ancient. But how ancient? From the time of Adam? Maybe. But let me continue.
Now, in function of the Tabernacle the high priest must offer a sacrifice for his own sins before entering the Holy of holies, the Presence of God. The experience of Queen Esther gives insight in this also in which for six months she endured 'anointing' of her person of fragrances and perfumes before attending to the presence of the king. Same concept as for the high priest. And today knowing that God says He doesn't 'hear' the prayers of sinners is because they are accompanied by the anointing of Christ as a believer in Christ has his/her prayers heard. Again, the 'anointing' before going into the presence of a king. So, if God could only create a fallen short of His glory creation then this verse makes perfect sense:

8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. Rev. 13:8.

This verse says that there was a book of life and there are names of those who are to receive life. Not natural life, but eternal life. The book containing names of ALL Christ died for and who would become His Bride and Church (Eph. 5:25.)
Here it says a lamb was slain from [before] the foundation (creation) of the world. Let's say that in the same function as the high priest a sacrifice must be made for sin (and here the creation of a sinful man) before going forward in his function of entering the Holy of holies. Atonement. So, why would there be a need for God to make a sacrifice before He founded (created) the world and everything in it - including man? That's because IF God is Righteous and man was indeed created unrighteous then His character be called into question as to why and how could God who is Righteous create an unrighteous being - man? The answer is a lamb was slain from [before] the foundation (creation) of the world.

Now we have the Holy Spirit. Note the word HOLY. IF man was created sinful and God is Holy then this sinful man could not stand before Him without God being offended. NOTHING sinful will endure before a Holy God for God must deal with it, eradicate it, destroy it for God is Holy. BUT a lamb was slain from [before] the foundation (creation) of the world, so there is a sacrifice that withholds God from destroying sin and sinful man. Just as God bears (puts up) with a sinful high priest coming in His Presence: a sacrifice was made. A sweet-smelling sacrifice, a sacrifice that one day will be His Son.
There is a Father and a Son and a Holy Spirit and all three were and are involved in the plan of God for man. It was the Father's plan, the Son implemented the plan and the Holy Spirit applies the results of that plan (sacrifice) to those whose names are in the book of [eternal] life. So, you have a Holy Spirit and an unholy man. Without the sacrifice the Holy Spirit MUST destroy sin (sinful man) for he is an offense to His Holiness.

Now we have the Son. The God-Man. Fully God and fully Man. The Logos and human joined in one hypostasis, one Person with two natures. His birth was prophesied as a Holy child in Luke, and this means that opposite to man this second Adam had a holy human nature. It was this human nature that was tested in the desert as the Logos is able not to sin and is not able to sin.
Paul said the Law (and command of God) is spiritual, and holy, just and good. Paul also says the Law kills. It, or should I say, He - since the Law is type and shadow of the Holy Spirit - kills sin. He kills all sinful flesh that has not been atoned for by sacrifice, that does not have an 'anointing.' To me, when Paul says Christ abolished the Law "in His flesh," His sinless flesh that means in also fulfilling the Law the Law is abolished in the sense of its enmity against unatoned human flesh towards His people who have been atoned for. So, the Law killed Christ "in His (sinless) flesh" as opposed to the Law killing sinful flesh. But IF the Law is type and shadow of the Holy Spirit and it is He Whom God promised to put in our inward parts then God deals with His people in their conscience from within when at one time the Law dealt with His people from without written on stone. So, in this sense when we sin the Holy Spirit (the Law) deals with our conscience and from within addresses our sin and sinful acts. We agree and confess, repent, and ask God's forgiveness and relationship is restored. If we fail to heed the Spirit's urgings from within, we end up with a defiled conscience in time.

So, by Christ fulfilling the Law by His Perfect, sinless life, and God puts Him, His Spirit in our inward parts, then when God sees us, He sees us through the finished work of Christ (atonement and fulfillment) and sees us as having also fulfilled the Law and in this is our justification of being declared "Not Guilty!"

So, Christ abolished the Law in HIS (sinless) flesh for His people but the Law is within us in the Person of the Holy Spirit, BUT the Law was not abolished in its being for sinful man for God needs it in which to judge man who do not have Christ. The Law was abolished by Christ "in His flesh" for His people to spare us from the power of the Law to kill but He hasn't done this for unatoned man - every person NOT named in the book of [eternal] life of the lamb slain.

To the believer atoned by Christ the Law still applies except the Sacrificial Laws - there is no longer (for Israel) to sacrifice for their sin. They just need to be accepted by God and if accepted by God know their names are in the book of [eternal] life. But the Law commanding "thou shalt have no other gods before me" and "[do not] take the Name of the Lord in vain," etc., still apply.

So, man was created sinful and due to this and the command of "thou shalt not [eat of it]" shows that man was sinful. Adam sinned because sin comes from sinner. Sin does not come from holy. The second Adam proves this. He was sinless and He did not sin.

Scripture says, there is only ONE God, there is NONE like Him, and He gives His glory to NO ONE.

Now what?

Can you extract out of all that waffle what you understand by your claim"He abolished the Law "in His flesh"". Some scriptural proof would be nice but it may be too much to hope for.

Written to Gentiles in the province of Galatia:
Galatians 3:7-9
7 Know then that it is those of faith who are the sons of Abraham.
8 And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel beforehand to Abraham, saying, “In you shall all the nations be blessed.”
9 So then, those who are of faith are blessed along with Abraham, the man of faith.
The "another gospel" was the Law of Moses. This is in Gal. 1:6. And from there He addresses Jewish Christians "who suffered much" from their Jewish brethren because they accepted Jesus as Israel's Messiah.
And it continues throughout the whole epistle. It is written to Jewish believers in Gentile cities and lands.
Galatians 3:25-29
25 But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.
26 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.
27 For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
29 And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's descendants, heirs according to promise.
John 1:29
29 The next day he saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!
1 John 2:1-2
1 My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.
2 He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world.
Written to Jewish believers about a Jewish Messiah.

Sin is an offence against God.
God did not create Adam in a state of offending God.
Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness.......... And God saw everything that he had made, and behold, it was very good. (Gen 1, 31).
All that God created was good; not in a sinful state.
The image of God is not dirt. The image of God the Father is God the Son. There is no better image of a Father than a Son.
And the word "good" means "good [enough]" or "to specification." It's like God saying after each creative act: "Just the way I wanted!"

Can you extract out of all that waffle what you understand by your claim"He abolished the Law "in His flesh"". Some scriptural proof would be nice but it may be too much to hope for.
It's important to have your doctrine on many biblical teachings understood.
Without a foundation you may not understand it. Maybe I thought you had your doctrine in the right places but if you don't, then you don't. Put it on the back burner and maybe after many years of study it may be better understood.

If through that Scripture, you are saying Jesus 'abolished' the Old Covenant I disagree.
Jesus didn't abolish the Old Covenant, He fulfilled it. Every part. Even the Sacrificial Laws.
But this is the understanding of the Gentile believers who receive Jesus Christ as Israel's long-awaited Messiah and King. Bu if you ask a Jew on the street who has some form of worshiping God, or if that street is in Israel, they'd say that the Law, the Psalms and the Prophets are still in effect.
Not to be rude, but so what?

The image of God is not dirt. The image of God the Father is God the Son. There is no better image of a Father than a Son.
And the word "good" means "good [enough]" or "to specification." It's like God saying after each creative act: "Just the way I wanted!"

God made man in his image and likeness. What he was made from is not the point.

Good mean good not good enough.

Let's keep to what scripture actually says not your inventions.

Without a foundation you may not understand it. Maybe I thought you had your doctrine in the right places but if you don't, then you don't. Put it on the back burner and maybe after many years of study it may be better understood.

So you can't explain what you meant.
I didn't think you would. You just make things up.
Let's keep to what scripture actually says not your inventions

The "another gospel" was the Law of Moses. This is in Gal. 1:6. And from there He addresses Jewish Christians "who suffered much" from their Jewish brethren because they accepted Jesus as Israel's Messiah.
And it continues throughout the whole epistle. It is written to Jewish believers in Gentile cities and lands.

We see the world believed as Gentiles, ( uncircumcision.) because the gospel of uncircumcision was with Paul,, mighty, as opposed to the gospel of circumcision with Peter, effective. ( this is how God has made no mighty gospel towards the circumcision.)

Romans 11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:

Galatians 2:7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;
8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:)

Now what?
Now what is I guess Mungo is saying the right thing about Adam and Eve, compared to yourself.

Eve concludes how the serpent beguiled her.

2 Corinthians 11, is a direct comparison to that event. How by some means, the tempter can tempt us. ( 1 Thessalonians 3:5.)

The serpent through hi subtilty, beguiled Eve, and likewise can corrupt our minds from the simplicity that is in Christ.

That is the same as someone preaching another Jesus, ( as the serpent preached with subtilty, another answer to what God told Adam and Eve.)

That is the other spirit, which Paul cuts of all occasion from them, for such as false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ, as satan is transformed into an angel of light, ( angels are with us) and the ministers of satan are transofmred as the ministers of righteousness. ( their works are what cause people to disbelieve, as we now understand about Adam and Eve, disbelief is what and where sin comes from.)

Genesis 3:13 And the Lord God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.

Romans 14:23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

2 Corinthians 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

2 Corinthians 11:12 But what I do, that I will do, that I may cut off occasion from them which desire occasion; that wherein they glory, they may be found even as we.
13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

1 Thessalonians 3:5 For this cause, when I could no longer forbear, I sent to know your faith, lest by some means the tempter have tempted you, and our labour be in vain.

God still made man in His image, and that is why we see God through Jesus Christ, because we believe in God through Him, as opposed to not believing in God as seen in those made in the image of God, Adam and Eve, but were corrupted by the serpent.

Thats the full picture, why not include the essential parts.

Romans 5:19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

1 Corinthians 15:20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.
21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

Philippians 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

It is believed and understood now, or denied, there is no other way, that is why you are answered immediately, and as you say, what now ?

The "another gospel" was the Law of Moses. This is in Gal. 1:6.

Galatians 1:6-7
6 I am amazed that you are so quickly deserting Him who called you by the grace of Christ, for a different gospel;
7 which is really not another; only there are some who are disturbing you and want to distort the gospel of Christ.

Paul says nothing here about what he meant by "another Gospel." He remarked only that the Gentile believers in the province of Galatia were "quickly deserting Him who called you by the grace of Christ," and that "there are some who...want to distort the Gospel of Christ." Not until the end of chapter 2 does Paul actually begin to explain what this distortion of the Gospel actually was, which he does by talking about the apostle Peter doing to Gentile believers what Paul later in his letter to the Galatian Gentile believers described the "Judaizers" were doing to them.

Galatians 2:11-16
11 But when Cephas came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face, because he stood condemned.
12 For prior to the coming of certain men from James, he used to eat with the Gentiles; but when they came, he began to withdraw and hold himself aloof, fearing the party of the circumcision.
13 The rest of the Jews joined him in hypocrisy, with the result that even Barnabas was carried away by their hypocrisy.
14 But when I saw that they were not straightforward about the truth of the gospel, I said to Cephas in the presence of all, "If you, being a Jew, live like the Gentiles and not like the Jews, how is it that you compel the Gentiles to live like Jews?
15 "We are Jews by nature and not sinners from among the Gentiles;
16 nevertheless knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the Law but through faith in Christ Jesus, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, so that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the Law; since by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified.

Here, Paul starts to explain that the "different (or, another) Gospel" sought to justify a person in the Old Covenant manner, by the "works of the Law" - in the case of the Gentile Galatians, circumcision. The "Judaizers" in the province of Galatia were insisting that male Gentile believers were to be circumcised, according to OT Jewish law. But, as Paul wrote in the passage above, "by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified (made righteous)."

Galatians 5:1-6
1 It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery.
2 Behold I, Paul, say to you that if you receive circumcision, Christ will be of no benefit to you.
3 And I testify again to every man who receives circumcision, that he is under obligation to keep the whole Law.
4 You have been severed from Christ, you who are seeking to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
5 For we through the Spirit, by faith, are waiting for the hope of righteousness.
6 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything, but faith working through love.

Here Paul delineated the true Gospel he had preached from the "different Gospel" of the Judaizers. As you can see, it isn't the Mosaic Law that is the "different Gospel," but the idea that through keeping the Law a person could be justified before God.

And from there He addresses Jewish Christians "who suffered much" from their Jewish brethren because they accepted Jesus as Israel's Messiah.

It is obviously false what you've asserted here. Why would Jewish believers - circumcised in infancy as a matter of their being Jewish - be pressed by the "Judaizers" to be circumcised? Very clearly, it was primarily to uncircumcised believers, that is, Gentile believers, that Paul addressed his letter, not "Jewish brethren."

Absolutely false. Just read the letter! Yikes. See above. Consider also:

Galatians 6:12-13
12 Those who desire to make a good showing in the flesh try to compel you to be circumcised, simply so that they will not be persecuted for the cross of Christ.
13 For those who are circumcised do not even keep the Law themselves, but they desire to have you circumcised so that they may boast in your flesh.

You aren't part of a proper - that is, biblically-careful - community of believers, are you? If you were and had expressed your erroneous notions to it as you have done in this thread, you're erroneous notions would have been directly corrected. Get connected to a local community of Bible-believing, scripturally-careful Christians.

Ephesians 4:11-16
11 And He gave some as apostles, and some as prophets, and some as evangelists, and some as pastors and teachers,
12 for the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ;
13 until we all attain to the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a mature man, to the measure of the stature which belongs to the fullness of Christ.
14 As a result, we are no longer to be children, tossed here and there by waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, by craftiness in deceitful scheming;
15 but speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in all aspects into Him who is the head, even Christ,
16 from whom the whole body, being fitted and held together by what every joint supplies, according to the proper working of each individual part, causes the growth of the body for the building up of itself in love.

God made man in his image and likeness. What he was made from is not the point.
It is important to know this about the creative make-up of the first man and woman.
Adam is not the image of God because for one God is Spirit and man earthy. And there is great distinction.

47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.
48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly. 1 Cor. 15:47–48.
Good mean good not good enough.
Well, it doesn't mean "morally good" for that's another word and it's not here in the creation narrative. The word means "to specification" as though the Lord is saying "good enough" or a job well done. But not "morally good."
Let's keep to what scripture actually says not your inventions.
Then don't add to the bible and give a word a certain meaning that it does not possess.

So you can't explain what you meant.
I didn't think you would. You just make things up.
Let's keep to what scripture actually says not your inventions
God controls how much light a person receives to understand His Word.
I gave you too much credit and thought you had all the major doctrines on this subject under your belt, but I was wrong.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back