Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

God of the Bible is not all loving.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Have you read Isaiah 8:20 in context, study what is being described?
Many times.
It describes those who do not faithfully follow the LORD of hosts, Christ Jesus our LORD--- the "stone of stumbling".
The unfaithful manifest their lack of faith every time they commit a sin.
These Religious people follow their own experiences (influenced by evil spirits), rather than the plain meaning of the Word of God. They believe "the dead" will convey the will of God to them:
13 The LORD of hosts, Him you shall hallow; Let Him be your fear, And let Him be your dread.
14 He will be as a sanctuary, But a stone of stumbling and a rock of offense To both the houses of Israel, As a trap and a snare to the inhabitants of Jerusalem.
15 And many among them shall stumble; They shall fall and be broken, Be snared and taken."
16 Bind up the testimony, Seal the law among my disciples.
17 And I will wait on the LORD, Who hides His face from the house of Jacob; And I will hope in Him.
18 Here am I and the children whom the LORD has given me! We are for signs and wonders in Israel From the LORD of hosts, Who dwells in Mount Zion.
19 And when they say to you, "Seek those who are mediums and wizards, who whisper and mutter," should not a people seek their God? Should they seek the dead on behalf of the living?
20 To the law and to the testimony! If they do not speak according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.
21 They will pass through it hard pressed and hungry; and it shall happen, when they are hungry, that they will be enraged and curse their king and their God, and look upward.
22 Then they will look to the earth, and see trouble and darkness, gloom of anguish; and they will be driven into darkness. (Isa. 8:13-9:1 NKJ)

These "believers" suppose God is leading them through dreams, visions and voices via "the dead". But evil spirits disguise themselves as "good spirits" and "human dead" and telepathically cause people to have dreams, visions and hear voices or "voice-thought-impressions.

In contrast, true disciples of Christ are bound to the Word of God. God's Word is sealed in their hearts.

So, the "spiritists" (they don't know they are such) believe God has sent them to a foreign land.

As they pass through it they become hard-pressed and hungry, run out of money and food. At first, they rage and curse their leader for their misfortune, and then God for sending them to that horrible place.

But God didn't send them, their dreams visions and voices were a strong deluding influence, the "working of Satan".
That is what sent them, and they took pleasure in that unrighteousness. Thinking they were special, better than everyone else. They received not the love of the Truth, the Bible...so God gave them over to falsehood.

As they curse the God of heaven they look up to see what He will do and God grants them their first real vision from the Holy Spirit.

Then they look down and see the horrible pit, the lowest sheol.

Nothing but trouble, darkness, thick gloom and anguish awaits their souls when Hell swallows them up.

Then God thrusts them down into it, for not obeying His Word as Christ's Disciples did, the law and the testimony, the plain meaning of God's Word, the Holy Scriptures.
The sinners will get what they deserve.

You guys along with the rest of us believe in Jesus. The thing is, when we read commentaries we're reading opinions and we need to examine them by what our Lord and the apostles and prophets said,
That's for sure.
Behold, I and the children whom the LORD hath given me are for signs and for wonders in Israel from the LORD of hosts, which dwelleth in mount Zion.

Jesus and His students explained the Law and what the Prophets said about the Word of God,

To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them. Isa.8:20

From the beginning, our God decided what is good or evil. He defined it. He's the Judge of it. He put division between the two. No right thinking human being has any objection to the 10 commandments.

And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. Gen.1:4

Separating good from evil is good. Doing evil is not good.
OK, thanks.

I have seen enough of their posits to know they are not of God.

There are no "Christian evolutionists"
The term is an oxymoron.
Wrong on both accounts.

Christians can believe things that are wrong. If that weren't true, denominations wouldn't exist. There would be only one 100% in agreement on everything, church.

Many times.

The unfaithful manifest their lack of faith every time they commit a sin.

The sinners will get what they deserve.
I agree:

Look, all you who kindle a fire, Who encircle yourselves with sparks: Walk in the light of your fire and in the sparks you have kindled-- This you shall have from My hand: You shall lie down in torment. (Isa. 50:11 NKJ)

Wrong on both accounts.

Christians can believe things that are wrong. If that weren't true, denominations wouldn't exist. There would be only one 100% in agreement on everything, church.
Your idea of Christian is different than mine.
Yours seem to fall for the devil's misteachings, and mine see through the devil's tactics.
False Christians inhabit false denominations.

Yours seem to fall for the devil's misteachings, and mine see through the devil's tactics.
What is the name of the one and only true denomination?

And explain clearly if everyone not in that specific denomination, is a "false Christian".

What is the eternal destiny of all not in that specific denomination?

I agree:

Look, all you who kindle a fire, Who encircle yourselves with sparks: Walk in the light of your fire and in the sparks you have kindled-- This you shall have from My hand: You shall lie down in torment. (Isa. 50:11 NKJ)

Gentlemen, get back to focusing on debating doctrine, and keep the labelling, insinuations, and personal attacks out of it please.

Thank you,
Hidden In Him

Gentlemen, get back to focusing on debating doctrine, and keep the labelling, insinuations, and personal attacks out of it please.

Thank you,
Hidden In Him

Don't you want to know which denomination Hopeful 2 claims is the only true Church?

But my quote of Isaiah was not an attack on him, I agreed with him without pointing any fingers.

What is the name of the one and only true denomination?
It is called The Church By Christ Jesus (Eph 3:21)
And explain clearly if everyone not in that specific denomination, is a "false Christian".
The original church teaches that man can live without sinning.
Find a group of people who don't commit sin, and you will have found the real church.
Those who have gravitated to "churches" that accommodate sin are the false Christians.
What is the eternal destiny of all not in that specific denomination?
A lake of fire is the destination of all whose names are not in the book of life on the last day.

(You can PM me for more info, as this is really a derail from the OP.)

It is called The Church By Christ Jesus (Eph 3:21)

The original church teaches that man can live without sinning.
Find a group of people who don't commit sin, and you will have found the real church.
Those who have gravitated to "churches" that accommodate sin are the false Christians.

A lake of fire is the destination of all whose names are not in the book of life on the last day.

(You can PM me for more info, as this is really a derail from the OP.)
Evasion. You claimed only one denomination is Christian. Clearly, you do not believe that or you would have supplied the Denomination's name and web address, so we could check it out.

This information should not be in a PM. Its a Christian's duty to proclaim such things from "the housetops", if indeed they are true.

Its impossible to claim any one denomination is Christian, because that isn't true. All who believe Jesus Christ is LORD, is a Christian. They may not believe precisely as you or I, but their faith in Christ makes them "Christian."

Evasion. You claimed only one denomination is Christian. Clearly, you do not believe that or you would have supplied the Denomination's name and web address, so we could check it out.

This information should not be in a PM. Its a Christian's duty to proclaim such things from "the housetops", if indeed they are true.

Its impossible to claim any one denomination is Christian, because that isn't true. All who believe Jesus Christ is LORD, is a Christian. They may not believe precisely as you or I, but their faith in Christ makes them "Christian."
The God of the Bible is Not All-Loving.
This is the title of the OP.

A moderator has warned you both that you're derailing this thread too much.
AND, there is to be no insinuation that one or the other is not Christian - this breaks TOS rules.
If you wish to continue with your conversation, please do so on a different thread, or create a new one in Apologetics - maybe The One True Church.

As I understand Hopeful 2 , what he is saying is that he probably does not belong to a specific denomination, but to the invisible church of Christ.

Of course, we all see even this spiritual church in different ways.

Also, Hopeful believes very strongly that Christians do not sin.

It would be interesting if you continued with this
BUT NOT ON THIS THREAD!

Please cooperate.

A God that will burn his own children in hell just because they do not worship him is not a loving God at all... In fact he is a narcissist.

Even my mom is much more loving than the God of the Bible in more ways than I can type here.

There is no [god of the Bible], loving or otherwise, but God—not a type of god—is revealed in the Bible. Love suffers rejection; God is the supremely defeated. “Finally, it is objected that the ultimate loss of a single soul means the defeat of omnipotence. And so it does. In creating beings with free will, omnipotence from the outset submits to the possibility of such defeat. What you call defeat, I call miracle: for to make things which are not Itself, and thus to become, in a sense, capable of being resisted by its own handiwork, is the most astonishing and unimaginable of all the feats we attribute to the deity.” (C S Lewis, The Problem of Pain, ch.8)

As to hell, at the postmortem level it is a dismal dimension allowed by God for folk who do not wish to live with him will live. “‘What are you asking God to do?’ To wipe out their past sins and, at all costs, to give them a fresh start, smoothing every difficulty and offering every miraculous help? But he has done so, by Calvary. To forgive them? They will not be forgiven. To leave them alone? Alas, I am afraid that is what he does.” (C S Lewis, The Problem of Pain, ch.8).

Look again, as the name is in my post.
We don't have a web site.
It is true.
I was only concerned about the off-topic road we are going on.
Its impossible to claim any one denomination is Christian, because that isn't true.
Then no denomination is Christian.
One must be the real thing.
All who believe Jesus Christ is LORD, is a Christian. They may not believe precisely as you or I, but their faith in Christ makes them "Christian."
Only those who obey Him are believers.
As Jesus said, "And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?" (Luke 6:46)

Look again, as the name is in my post.
We don't have a web site.

It is true.
I was only concerned about the off-topic road we are going on.

Then no denomination is Christian.
One must be the real thing.

Only those who obey Him are believers.
As Jesus said, "And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?" (Luke 6:46)
I created a thread with you in mind. Moderators want people to stick to the theme of the OP, so what we are discussing is way off topic.

Here is the Thead. I hope many join in:

I created a thread with you in mind. Moderators want people to stick to the theme of the OP, so what we are discussing is way off topic.
I know.
Here is the Thead. I hope many join in:

Thanks for the invite'.

A God that will burn his own children in hell just because they do not worship him is not a loving God at all... In fact he is a narcissist.

Even my mom is much more loving than the God of the Bible in more ways than I can type here.
God created love, I think He knows what the definition of true and pure love is. We don't define that. He does.

I can't say for sure if Christians will burn in hell, but God is all about purity. There are plenty of verses in the Bible that make the case that some Christians will not be saved. Matt. 7:21-23 & 13:41-42 come to mind.

If God does not see the purity in our hearts for Him that He decides is satisfactory, His decision to destroy, or send to hell, those who have missed the mark will not be effected in the least by our agreeing that He is being fair or not. To imagine that our human opinions of Him and how he does things is to put Him on a human playing field. God is so far above humans in every single way that it is a bit irreverent to even imagine Him there.

The clay doesn't judge the Potter.
Isaiah 45:9-10; Romans 9:21

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back