Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

God of the Bible is not all loving.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
God is not evil.

I would think God who is Light and not only that he can only create it temporal (Sun and Moon)

He created a evil (darkness) to he could form light (the gospel)

Times he would send lying spirit (lift his hand of mercy) and bring a evil nation against the Jew when they refused to hear God .

2 Chronicles 18:22 Now therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets, and the Lord hath spoken evil against thee.

Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.
I disagree:

Then God saw everything that He had made, and indeed it was very good. So the evening and the morning were the sixth day. (Gen. 1:31 NKJ)

Everything God made was "very good", not one thing bad.

Satan was good until pride rose up in his heart causing him to sin (1 Tim. 3:6). God did not create the devil, the devil changed what God made choosing evil:

13 For you have said in your heart:`I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God; I will also sit on the mount of the congregation On the farthest sides of the north;
14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds, I will be like the Most High.'
15 Yet you shall be brought down to Sheol, To the lowest depths of the Pit.
(Isa. 14:13-15 NKJ)

I disagree:

Then God saw everything that He had made, and indeed it was very good. So the evening and the morning were the sixth day. (Gen. 1:31 NKJ)

Everything God made was "very good", not one thing bad
Was good until mankind violated the letter of the law death . Thou shalt not or in dying you will come to a end and never rise to new life.

In that way dying flesh is never represented as good. Good is God's exclusive attribute that works in dying mankind giving them a hope beyond the grave.

A example. One came to Jesus the Son of man the prophet apostle, bowed down in worship . The Father gave him words to rebuke the spirit of lies

Mark 10:17-18King James Versio17 And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master,what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.. . . . .(and it was very God good )

Was good until mankind violated the letter of the law death . Thou shalt not or in dying you will come to a end and never rise to new life.

In that way dying flesh is never represented as good. Good is God's exclusive attribute that works in dying mankind giving them a hope beyond the grave.

A example. One came to Jesus the Son of man the prophet apostle, bowed down in worship . The Father gave him words to rebuke the spirit of lies

Mark 10:17-18King James Versio17 And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master,what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.. . . . .(and it was very God good )
Either everything God made "was good", or your first claim God made good and bad things is correct. Which do you claim now?

God coming down and performing miracles would be a good solid proof (not talking about Jesus and his second coming). Don't say that Jesus has already done so, even if he did all that it's still 2000+ years ago and it's not a proof for people in this age... Why doesn't he came down in these times and open our eyes?

I am actually writing a short story on this. What do you suppose would happen if God decided to give us proof via an undeniable miracle. Let's say a new Moon appears in the sky with a big cross on it. It is a bit larger than our Moon in the sky, and can be seen during the day as well.

Well, what would happen? No doubt, there would be some sort of initial jump in church attendence and conversions, but how long would this last? Wouldn't future generations come to see the new Moon as completely banal.

Further, those of other faiths could still deny this of evidence of Christianity. After all, this would be a finite work, possibly the work of a demon, but not a direct sign of the infinite God (Allah, etc.).

And perhaps God had nothing to do with it. This hypothesis would emerge soon enough. After all, a cross is a common enough shape. Could it have been aliens? A wormhole?

No doubt, we would eventually send probes up to the new Moon and discover what it was made of. We would get new theories about wormholes. It could be explained in so many ways.

Neither would a giant cross in the sky answer questions about interdenominational doctrine. How does it help us decide between Catholicism, Coptic Christianity, Mormonism, Calvinism, etc.?

It seems to me that the only miracles God good preform that answer all our doubts would totally remove our freedom.

Consider also that God may want man to believe freely. Not individual men mind you, but "man" in a collective, corporate sense. This means exploring our faith in depth, the work of theology, philosophy, and science that has gone on for millennia. In this way, man as a whole becomes more self-determining, more free, as man is more "self-moving" and "self-caused," rather than just an effect.

That is, God wants living followers, not mere effects of his cause, not dead idols who must have their love breathed into them. This is why I think Christ says that it is better that we believe without having seen miracles (John 4). Such a faith is stronger, less contingent on that which lies outside of us. Christ taught in parables, some quite complex, because he sought active followers who would contemplate the divine, not automata being fed rules.

So, the pluralism of the world may have a purpose. Why so many denominations? Why millennia of philosophical and theological debate? Because God works through history. Most of the Bible is history, not law or rules. Self knowledge requires questioning, the dialectical progression of history towards man's greater understanding and freedom, a freedom that is fulfills people's authentic selves when they choose God.

But we live in a very individualist culture. We are unable to accept that peoples, historical movements, etc. could be part of God's work in the world. And in this, pluralism leads to schism and doubt. Plenty of times I have heard Christians professing views that only a tiny minority of all self-proclaimed Christians have ever held as the "absolute truth," and that all who disagree simply "lack the Holy Spirit and only worship themselves." IMHO, this simply marks a state of spiritual immaturity, one some people must suffer through.

Truth is a complex idea. To think we never have to examine it is to beg of God a miracle that we be given all the knowledge 2,000 years of the faithful have never fully held.

All life, insect plant animal, have DNA code that is activated by the environment that would only exist AFTER the flood. Prior to the flood, the entire earth was like a green house, equal temperature. Creation.com says plants were more than 10x in abundance then, then now. Coal proves that.
I think someone is just making up stuff.
When and where has DNA ever change because of an environment?
Besides, what changes came about because of the flood ?

BTW, God made the earth with the coal, iron, gold, oil, etc. already in place.

Born again believers do have a soul that will not die . Natural uncovered mankind under the letter of the law "death" has no future hope after the grave .

The temporal spirit which again is subject to the letter (death)

Thou shall not not or you will die and the corrupted flesh returns to the dust and temporal spirit returns to God who again gave it under the letter of the law "death"

Catholics, have turned death into suffering, wondering. . . sufferings, wondering with no end in sight in a place called Limbo of Purgatory .
Catholics have not turned death into suffering. I don't even know what you mean by that.

You're obsessed with Catholics - God said to think on the positive.

Also, what you write is your opinion.
Post some verses so we could go over them.

I think someone is just making up stuff.
When and where has DNA ever change because of an environment?
Besides, what changes came about because of the flood ?

BTW, God made the earth with the coal, iron, gold, oil, etc. already in place.
DNA didn't change.

I said God programmed it to adapt life to the world AFTER the Flood.

God did that when He created, it logically follows Adam's sin and the subsequent evil of mankind didn't "change God's mind". He was speaking figuratively to communicate His emotion that He genuinely felt, that He was sorry He made man. Doesn't mean God didn't know He would feel sorry before He created, it means God is a Person and has emotions.

Coal comes from the vegetation etc. buried and compressed by the Flood.

Last edited:
DNA didn't change.
I said God programmed it to adapt life to the world AFTER the Flood.
Got some proof for that opinion ?
God did that when He created,
Scripture says no such thing.
it logically follows Adam's sin and the subsequent evil of mankind didn't "change God's mind".
It isn't logical at all.
God made everything, and said it was good.
You infer that changes were necessary.
He was speaking figuratively to communicate His emotion that He genuinely felt, that He was sorry He made man. Doesn't mean God didn't know He would feel sorry before He created, it means God is a Person and has emotions.
God is a spirit, not a man.
Jesus said..."God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth." (John 4:24)
Coal comes from the vegetation etc. buried and compressed by the Flood.
That is what it seems like to us now, but God had it in place before the flood.

Got some proof for that opinion ?

Scripture says no such thing.

It isn't logical at all.
God made everything, and said it was good.
You infer that changes were necessary.

God is a spirit, not a man.
Jesus said..."God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth." (John 4:24)

That is what it seems like to us now, but God had it in place before the flood.

Not only does DNA activate for environments that only exist after the flood, it self corrects for mutations caused by the fall, the principle of entropy which pervades all things. Everything is decaying, not evolving and DNA self corrects for that.

Not only does DNA activate for environments that only exist after the flood, it self corrects for mutations caused by the fall, the principle of entropy which pervades all things. Everything is decaying, not evolving and DNA self corrects for that.
What environment only existed after the flood ?

What environment only existed after the flood ?
Before the Flood there was only one super continent Rodinia. Look at a globe, you can see how the continents fit together. Some pieces remain under water.

Today Birds migrate thousands of miles to get back to their homes, because he flood broke Rodinia into many pieces separating their breeding grounds from other areas miles of ocean.

God programmed the wisdom into birds so they could navigate using the earth's magnetic fields. Just to prove to stupid people He exists, He programmed into them the ability to utilize quantum physics for direction. Its impossible something as counterintuitive like quantum physics be found in living things to navigate (or plants to synthesize sunlight) by any evolutionary process. It had to be programmed in, and wouldn't be needed before the Flood.

Last edited:
Before the Flood there was only one super continent Rodinia. Look at a globe, you can see how the continents fit together. Some pieces remain under water.

Today Birds migrate thousands of miles to get back to their homes, because he flood broke Rodinia into many pieces separating their breeding grounds from other areas miles of ocean.

God programmed the wisdom into birds so they could navigate using the earth's magnetic fields. Just to prove to stupid people He exists, He programmed into them the ability to utilize quantum physics for direction. Its impossible something as counterintuitive like quantum physics be found in living things to navigate (or plants to synthesize sunlight) by any evolutionary process. It had to be programmed in, and wouldn't be needed before the Flood.

I'll stick to what is written by men who have the Holy Ghost.
Your positings is not biblical.

Your positings is not biblical.
To the law and to the testimony! If they do not speak according to this word, it is because there is no light in them. (Isa. 8:20 NKJ)

You have it backwards. People who have the Holy Ghost speak according to God's Word, as I do.

Agreed.

Agreed.

We'll see, in the end.
Have you read Isaiah 8:20 in context, study what is being described?

It describes those who do not faithfully follow the LORD of hosts, Christ Jesus our LORD--- the "stone of stumbling".

These Religious people follow their own experiences (influenced by evil spirits), rather than the plain meaning of the Word of God. They believe "the dead" will convey the will of God to them:

13 The LORD of hosts, Him you shall hallow; Let Him be your fear, And let Him be your dread.
14 He will be as a sanctuary, But a stone of stumbling and a rock of offense To both the houses of Israel, As a trap and a snare to the inhabitants of Jerusalem.
15 And many among them shall stumble; They shall fall and be broken, Be snared and taken."
16 Bind up the testimony, Seal the law among my disciples.
17 And I will wait on the LORD, Who hides His face from the house of Jacob; And I will hope in Him.
18 Here am I and the children whom the LORD has given me! We are for signs and wonders in Israel From the LORD of hosts, Who dwells in Mount Zion.
19 And when they say to you, "Seek those who are mediums and wizards, who whisper and mutter," should not a people seek their God? Should they seek the dead on behalf of the living?
20 To the law and to the testimony! If they do not speak according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.
21 They will pass through it hard pressed and hungry; and it shall happen, when they are hungry, that they will be enraged and curse their king and their God, and look upward.
22 Then they will look to the earth, and see trouble and darkness, gloom of anguish; and they will be driven into darkness. (Isa. 8:13-9:1 NKJ)

These "believers" suppose God is leading them through dreams, visions and voices via "the dead". But evil spirits disguise themselves as "good spirits" and "human dead" and telepathically cause people to have dreams, visions and hear voices or "voice-thought-impressions.

In contrast, true disciples of Christ are bound to the Word of God. God's Word is sealed in their hearts.

So, the "spiritists" (they don't know they are such) believe God has sent them to a foreign land.

As they pass through it they become hard-pressed and hungry, run out of money and food. At first, they rage and curse their leader for their misfortune, and then God for sending them to that horrible place.

But God didn't send them, their dreams visions and voices were a strong deluding influence, the "working of Satan".
That is what sent them, and they took pleasure in that unrighteousness. Thinking they were special, better than everyone else. They received not the love of the Truth, the Bible...so God gave them over to falsehood.

As they curse the God of heaven they look up to see what He will do and God grants them their first real vision from the Holy Spirit.

Then they look down and see the horrible pit, the lowest sheol.

Nothing but trouble, darkness, thick gloom and anguish awaits their souls when Hell swallows them up.

Then God thrusts them down into it, for not obeying His Word as Christ's Disciples did, the law and the testimony, the plain meaning of God's Word, the Holy Scriptures.

Last edited:
@Alfred Persson
People who have the Holy Ghost speak according to God's Word, as I do.
You guys along with the rest of us believe in Jesus. The thing is, when we read commentaries we're reading opinions and we need to examine them by what our Lord and the apostles and prophets said,

Behold, I and the children whom the LORD hath given me are for signs and for wonders in Israel from the LORD of hosts, which dwelleth in mount Zion.

Jesus and His students explained the Law and what the Prophets said about the Word of God,

To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them. Isa.8:20

From the beginning, our God decided what is good or evil. He defined it. He's the Judge of it. He put division between the two. No right thinking human being has any objection to the 10 commandments.

And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. Gen.1:4

Separating good from evil is good. Doing evil is not good.

Last edited:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back