Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

God of the Bible is not all loving.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
We are not judged by whether we love God or not. That is a standard invented by Christians who want the bar to be very low so that they need not adjust their deeds. They embrace that all they need to do is feel warm and fuzzy ("love") about God. They do not need to make themselves treat others as they would like to be treated....just love God. (They reject the idea that "loving God" according to God is not a warm and fuzzy feeling but actually DOING what he commands.
I agree.

Not true... There are many people that were once hardcore atheists became Christians and vice versa.
Well then, I'd say they WANTED,,,they were looking still,
they weren't sure.

People can come to God in at least 3 different ways:
By experience of some kind,
By intellect
By reading the New Testament.

And some persons never come to God for varied reasons.

How do I know for sure? But I believe a creator (or energy or whatever you like to call it) created it, but who created that creater is another story.
That other creator cannot have a creator.
The entire idea of a God, or intelligent being, is that what makes it BE GOD, is that there is no other being before Him.
If there were, then THAT BEING would be God.

We are created.
But GOD is NOT created.
He always existed...not within our understanding, I'm afraid.

But something or some being had to set off the Big Bang, and whatever that being was, we can call it God.

You say there is no need for God to punish people who reject him and rebel against him. But you have yet to provide an alternative in which God is both loving and just.
God’s love for his children until there was no more love to give

(Deu 7:6 KJV) For thou art a holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.
(Deu 7:7 KJV) The LORD did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:
(Deu 7:8 KJV) But because the LORD loved you, and because he would keep the oath which he had sworn unto your fathers, hath the LORD brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you out of the house of bondmen, from the hand of Pharaoh King of Egypt.
(Deu 7:12 KJV) Wherefore it shall come to pass,
if ye hearken to these judgments, and keep, and do them, that the LORD thy God shall keep unto thee the covenant and the mercy which he swore unto thy fathers:
(Deu 7:13 KJV) And he will love thee, and bless thee, and multiply thee: he will also bless the fruit of thy womb, and the fruit of thy land, thy corn, and thy wine, and thine oil, the increase of thy kin, and the flocks of thy sheep, in the land which he sware unto thy fathers to give thee.

Something happened, and it was not good----------
They were chosen to show us the way, to show us how to treat the stranger, how to be compassionate and loving to your neighbor and by doing so peace would envelope the world. But His children hade/have defied Him

Note: the term "stranger" is referenced 128 times in the Bible
Ezekiel
Chapter 21
1 And the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
2 Son of man, set thy face toward Jerusalem, and drop thy word toward the holy places, and prophesy against the land of Israel,
3 And say to the land of Israel, Thus saith the LORD; Behold, I am against thee, and will draw forth my sword out of his sheath, and will cut off from thee the righteous and the wicked.
23 And it shall be unto them as a false divination in their sight, to them that
have sworn oaths: but he will call to remembrance the iniquity, that they may be taken.
24 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Because ye have made your iniquity to be remembered, in that your transgressions are discovered, so that in all your doings your sins do appear; because, I say, that ye are come to remembrance, ye shall be taken with the hand.
25 And thou, profane wicked prince of Israel, whose day is come, when iniquity shall have an end,
30 Shall I cause it to return into his sheath? I will judge thee in the place where thou wast created, in the land of thy nativity.

The above prophecy occured in 1947ad
31 And I will pour out mine indignation upon thee, I will blow against thee in the fire of my wrath, and deliver thee into the hand of brutish men, and skilful to destroy.
32 Thou shalt be for fuel
to the fire; thy blood shall be in the midst of the land; thou shalt be no more remembered: for I the LORD have spoken it.

In the Beginning—This Is What God told His children~~~~~
(Deu 7:13 KJV) And he will love thee, and bless thee, and multiply thee: he will also bless the fruit of thy womb, and the fruit of thy land, thy corn, and thy wine, and thine oil, the increase of thy kin, and the flocks of thy sheep, in the land which he sware unto thy fathers to give thee.

According to a 2002 study by the Jewish Agency, "the number of Jews in the world is declining at an average of 50,000 per year."
https://tinyurl.com/svx7ztd8

What the hell happened here; they are NOT multiplying ???????
In 1939, the core Jewish population reached 17 million.
In 2018, the core Jewish population reached 14.6 million.
Jewish population by country - Wikipedia

The above is a drop of 2.4 million Jews
No other ethnic or religious groups population dropped except one, the Jewish one.

Last edited:
If god's all loving then he should still love them and forgive them...
Hello Padre Pio.
He did still love and forgive them. Even as both Jew and gentile violated his own Son, he forgave them.

they crucified him, and the malefactors, one on the right hand, and the other on the left.Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots. Lk.23:33-34

It seems you believe God should allow such madness to continue.
One more thing, they are disbelievers because God had not given them any solid proof of his existence, which God can very easily if he is really omnipotent, but God doesn't and then cry like an immature kid about his creation not believing and worshipping him.
The evidence that God exists is all around us. God allows so called scholars to interpret evidence as they wish, but that can't change the truth.

Our Lord said be ready to meet him. We get ready by walking with him, doing good and thereby experience the love he has for people who hate you and me.

Personally, I'm happy our Dad takes his time teaching us about how much he loves every soull on planet earth, because I get fed up real quick. May God continue to show his love and patience and goodness through us.

Firstly there is no god of the Bible, indeed no kind of god/goddess. Christians don’t have a faithful god, a loving god, or any other kind. God alone is God, and he is not a type among options. However your main point is not monotheism.

Your main point I presume to be the doctrine of hell. In The Problem of Pain (C S Lewis), the point is made that hell is its own realty/dimension for those refusing the fulfilment God—love itself—voluntarily offers them, ie the dark created by rejecting the light. “In the long run the answer to all those who object to the doctrine of hell, is itself a question: ‘What are you asking God to do?’ To wipe out their past sins and, at all costs, to give them a fresh start, smoothing every difficulty and offering every miraculous help? But he has done so, on Calvary. To forgive them? They will not be forgiven. To leave them alone? Alas, I am afraid that is what he does.” (Ch.8) Hell is being left alone by God, only because we refuse his globally accessible welcome. I presume it to be liveable but unhappy, cut-off by its inhabitants from one another and from healthy fellowship. We can see traces of hell on earth.

As to how loving even our mothers can be—to you; to those who are your enemies?—C S Lewis warned that all the human loves, unless submitted to transcendent love, become demonic (see The Four Loves). Ultimately each human love only resembles at best something it taps into from the transcendent, and the leaf that separates from the branch, withers.

They being the local Rabbi's.
No. They being sinners. It has always been the individual. The apostles also needed to be taught that they were no more righteous before the law than gentiles without the law.
We all need forgiveness of sin against God. Hatred, murder, etc against the Son is sin against God. The witness is like how Peter went from using a sword to his own cross because even his own sins hurt his God.

A God that will burn his own children in hell just because they do not worship him is not a loving God at all... In fact he is a narcissist.

Even my mom is much more loving than the God of the Bible in more ways than I can type here.
Let's put it like this...God is love.
However, God doesn't love everyone.
Only His people that He died for.

A God that will burn his own children in hell just because they do not worship him is not a loving God at all... In fact he is a narcissist.

Even my mom is much more loving than the God of the Bible in more ways than I can type here.
Yet He is aware of you but you still live.
He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

His credential's what are yours?

You are worthy, our Lord and God,
to receive glory and honor and power,
for you created all things,
and by your will they were created
and have their being.

His own children ?
Those who bring forth the fruit of the devil are the devil's children.
It is written..."Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother." (1 John 3:9-10)

Firstly, That's because you don't believe God has the right to demand full allegiance to his creation. You do not believe He has ultimate authority, you do not believe that all power, glory, & honor belong to Him. You view him as a mere man floating invisibly in the sky.

Secondly, What kind of parent doesn't discipline their child and punish them for wrongdoing, a parent that lets a child do whatever they want to do, without discipline, and let them destroy themselves is true hatred.

Thirdly, I will tell you a story. It's debatable, but God doesn't just put people in hell, people choose to go to hell and God lets them. We don't know for sure what God meant by burn whether literal or figurative (and the Bible uses plenty of figurative language), but what we do for sure is that heaven is eternity with God, however that is, and hell is eternity away from God, we don't know if the lake of fire or gold-paved streets is literal or figurative.

Now for the story: There was a boy & a girl, let's give them names, the girl's name was Ishisha, and the guys name was Joshua. Joshua was madly in love with Ishisha, he sent her love letters, bought lavish gifts for her, treated her with the utmost respect, and spoiled her greatly. Everyone around him knew he was madly in love. But Ishisha didn't love him back, she rejected love letters, used up his gifts without acknowledging the giver, and often mistreated him and tried to embarrass him. She made it clear that she never wanted to be with him. So one day, Joshua approaches Ishisha, and says, "You know what, I love you so much, that I am going to make you be with me forever!"

Now is that love?

Joshua in Hebrew is the name Yehoshua, which is the name of Jesus, meaning, "The LORD is salvation". Ishisha can be broken up into two words Ish & Isha, Ish being male, and Isha meaning female. God has been sending us love letters, blessing us with gifts, and trying to win our affection since creation, but we've openly made it known we don't want him. So why would God, then force us to be with him forever, if we don't want to be with him on our short time on earth? Would that be loving?

There are plenty of people who don't even want to go to heaven, or be in any form of a relationship to God, and would most rather go to hell with satan, whether it burns or not. https://crossexamined.org/9-famous-thinkers-who-said-theyd-rather-go-to-hell-than-worship-god/

If god's all loving then he should still love them and forgive them...
The real question should not be, "If god's all loving, then he should still love them and forgive them...." it should be, "If God was so Loving & Just, why didn't He slay me in my sleep for what I thought said and did the day before?" You blame God and make humans seem unblame-able. You view God as flawed and humans as innocent, especially yourself.

Since God is love, he has to eliminate things that aren't love, which is sin and seek justice for love when it is sinned against, so since all humans are guilty, we should all be consumed right where we stand. Me and you included, the murderer on the news isn't the only sinner, we're the sinner, and an ever worse sinner than the man on tv.

And apparently your version of love & forgive means let them do whatever they want to do without punishment or even natural consequences. Name one good parent that does that. And God forbid, let someone do harm to someone you love dearly, and see how "loving" and "forgiving" your first inclination is.

A God that will burn his own children in hell just because they do not worship him is not a loving God at all...
I agree. I wasn't always a child of God,

But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and yourr eward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil. Lk.6:35
In fact he is a narcissist.
Satan is a narcissist.
My mom would have died for me too, but not for criminals as Jesus did.

Let's take a look at 2 scenarios...
Scenario 1: A girl who was born a Hindu, who does lots of charity and other good works and who worships only Hindu gods dies and she "deserves punishment" for not worshipping the "right God".

Scenario 2: A killer who has killed multiple people, who never repented till he was in his death bed, accepts Jesus as his saviour and gets a free ticket to heaven.

How do they make sense?
Those scenarios seem to assume the good natured Hindu girl gets the same punishment as Hitler. While the killer gets the same reward as mother Theresa. This is not so.

On the day of judgement some people receive justice, some people receive mercy, but nobody receives injustice. Search the great theologian RC Sproul for a scripture based explanation of this.

The good natured Hindu girl is going to get a light punishment for rejecting Jesus and the killer is going to get a light reward for accepting Jesus. Anything else would be an injustice.

Also, I'd point out the difference between faith and knowledge. If God appeared to you in person it would eliminate any faith since you'd actually have knowledge of God. God values faith above knowledge. The person who accepts Jesus on faith is something God rejoices in.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back