Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Going Forward

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Guap

One of my ‘heroes’ when I was a young missionary was Loren Cunningham. He is a man who has travelled to nearly every country in the world and preached the gospel in each of these countries. For me he truly epitomises the idea of taking forward the kingdom of God. When you listen to Loren speak he tells story after story about how God miraculously has moved in this world. The last time I heard him speak he told a story of how some YWAM team members went into the house of an old lady. After praying for her she got up. Then her husband came back from arranging her funeral!

When Jesus went around preaching about the Kingdom of God he did so with accompanying signs and wonders. The Jews were looking forward an earthly kingdom. Jesus was preaching about a spiritual kingdom. He used signs and wonders to show that this spiritual kingdom was more powerful than sickness, demons even the forces of nature itself. It was a taste of the fullness of the kingdom.

This kingdom was more powerful than the Roman Empire, which ruled the known world for the Jews. However the use of the power of this kingdom was not for taking lands but for convincing people of the reality of the creator God and that he wanted to be active in people’s lives.

Today there are some who teach that such miraculous signs are now longer here. Lauren, and many others who are committed to extending the kingdom where it isn’t established, know that God will works miracles today. God still wants to show people today that he is real and give people a taste of the fullness of the kingdom.

It does make me wonder how committed I am to extending Jesus’ kingdom today. How much do I trust God to use me in showing a taste of the fullness of kingdom to those who don’t know him?

A wonderful post my forum friend. I truly wish that more pastor's would commit to believing all the gifts of the Holy Spirit are active for today. Our churches would be on fire for Jesus for sure.

If it's not up front smack in your face, I think people actually forget those gifts of the Spirit are for today and forever as they were when Jesus taught with signs and wonders. The signs and wonders we display today are those of Christ being the same yesterday, today and forever as we share in the ministry that Jesus commissioned all of us to be in according to Matthew 28:18-20. Are not all of us disciples of Christ through that Spiritual renewing of the inner man as even now we have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. That same Spirit that fell on those 11 disciples is just as active today as it was in yesterday, and will be forever.

Our missionary field is wherever we are that gives us opportunity to witness that of Christ. Some get to travel the world and some just in their backyards, but yet we are all one body in Christ that makes up His Church no matter where we are.

Back