Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study GOOD Devotional today

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Stringfellow_Hawke

Swamp-born mountain dweller
https://www.bibleleague.org/verse-o...ent=Ad_1810_CBanner_vod&utm_campaign=1810_vod

Today's Verse
Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand. — Psalm 37:24 NLTDevotion
The Lord God of heaven and earth cares about His people. He's not indifferent with respect to what happens to them. David tells us that "The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives." (Psalm 37:23) The Lord directs the steps of the godly toward the fulfillment of the plans He has for them. The prophet Jeremiah tells us that these plans are "for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." (Jeremiah 29:11) Moreover, doing this is not a burdensome chore for the Lord. He delights in doing this.

Despite the direction of the Lord, sometimes the steps of the godly get tripped up. Sometimes, the godly stumble. Maybe, on the one hand, the stumbling in question is a stumbling into some sort of sin. Instead of continuing to go along with the good plans and directions of the Lord, the godly get tripped up by the weaknesses of their own sinful selves. Maybe, on the other hand, the stumbling in question is a stumbling into some sort of trouble. Through no fault of their own, the godly may get waylaid by the workings of an enemy, by sickness and disease, by financial factors beyond their control, or by reasons that are not immediately clear or understandable.

The good news about this, however, is that the stumbling of the godly is not the end of the story. The good news is that they "will never fall." They may slip up for a while, they may slip up for quite a while, but they won't stay in that state forever. The plans the Lord has for them may be delayed, but they're never cancelled. Why not? It's because the Lord "holds them by the hand." The godly may stumble, but the Lord never lets go of their hands. The Lord will not allow the godly to stumble and fall so as not to recover.

Maybe you've stumbled into sin of some kind. Or, maybe you've stumbled into trouble of some kind. Things were going well and then you suddenly tripped up. Whatever the case may be, take heart! You have not stumbled so as not to recover.

The Lord is still holding you by the hand and He will not let go.

Last edited:
Great devotional :thumbsup

While reading through this I envisioned two things. Remember the weeble-wobbles as they don't fall down and also those standing punching bags as you punch them, but they do not fall down. This is my analogy of a true child of God. No matter what tries to knock them down they may weeble, but never fall down as they remain steadfast in the Lord.

Great devotional :thumbsup

While reading through this I envisioned two things. Remember the weeble-wobbles as they don't fall down and also those standing punching bags as you punch them, but they do not fall down. This is my analogy of a true child of God. No matter what tries to knock them down they may weeble, but never fall down as they remain steadfast in the Lord.

Speaking of punching bags, last time I had my punch measured by pounds of force it was 817. Pretty hard punch back for the devil to take between the eyes you think?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back