Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Greetings and Salutations

So I did indeed stumble across your corner of the web here, so here goes. My name is Chris, I'm a 27 year old Christian. I'm currently a seminary student, and aspiring to be a bunch of things haha. I really stink at introductions but yeah, I'm a pretty cool kid I think, so I look forward to getting to post more, and getting to know you folks as well. More than likely you'll find me tucked away in a Theology type forum if there is one here (I haven't looked yet, shame on me right?) Until next time, Love, Peace and God bless!

Hi Chris! :thumbsup

Sorry this is posting so late! You might have gotten bogged down, because your username looks so much like Ambien. We used to get so much spam for Ambien! :bigfrown

It is great that you found us! Welcome to CFnet!!!:waving

No problem Mike, thank you both for the welcoming. I suppose I could use this opportunity to explain my name, as I am typically questioned on it everywhere I use it.

Defining both terms:

Ambient : completely enveloping; "the ambient air"; "ambient sound"; "the ambient temperature"

Catalyst : something that causes an important event to happen; "the invasion acted as a catalyst to unite the country"

So we have an all consuming (completely enveloping) something that causes an important event to happen. With this being explained;

God is the all consuming, ever present, completely enveloping being that causes an important happening within me. God is my Ambient Catalyst. And at the same time I hope to be a catalyst to the the world around me.

So yeah, I'm a nerd, and wanted a super original well thought out online identity, and so there you have it :)

Can I just call you AC? :lol

Ha, I coined a screen name years ago... Ologyism. Yeah, I like to play with words too, but even more so I love theology!

What type of theology are you into? Who are your favorite theologians? I've read Paul House's Old Testament Theology, as well as John Paul's Theology of the Body, though I'm no Catholic. I enjoyed NT Writes theology on Romans as well as numerous other Biblical theologies from various authors, slants and faiths.

I've always had a passion for Job, and I believe House did a fantastic job in his theology of Job. I've tried for years to discern the arguments within Job, and I stumbled across this book, which is very theological in nature. I'm only about 30 pages into it, and it's a slow read for me as a juggle two other books, but so far, it's fantastic! (Though awkward reading right to left lol!)
Amazon.com: Iyov/Job: A New Translation with a Commentary Anthologized from Talmudic, Midrashic & Rabbinic Sources (ArtScroll Tanach Series) (9780899060156): Rabbi Moshe Eisemann: Books

Anyway, I'll not bore you with the rest, but at least I've given a light highlight of some of my favorites. What are your's?

Jeff

Back