Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Have you ever lost sleep due to a bad nightmare?

D

Dave Slayer

Have you ever lost sleep due to a bad nightmare or dream? I have.

It was horrible, it was just horrible I tell you, Dave I dreamed that I came down stairs and you were sitting at my kitchen table eating and drinking a Heineken, and you wouldn't leave, and you didn't walk you floated across the floor, I have not slept since.

Lewis W said:
It was horrible, it was just horrible I tell you, Dave I dreamed that I came down stairs and you were sitting at my kitchen table eating and drinking a Heineken, and you wouldn't leave, and you didn't walk you floated across the floor, I have not slept since.
:screwloose :biglol somehow the twilight zone comes to mind

seriously yes, i had some bad nightmares upon my return from afghanistan

jason

jasoncran said:

jason
Yeah, no doubt! :shocked!

Back in the late 80's, I had a Freddy Kruger dream. :couch :help

I have. i watched Jason..and had nightmares for a week and slept in parents rooms on floor. :o :o

For reference I mean the movie not the guy a couple posts above :)

Colton B said:
I have. i watched Jason..and had nightmares for a week and slept in parents rooms on floor. :o :o

For reference I mean the movie not the guy a couple posts above :)
i get that every friday the thirteenth and now here, that's just wrong

jason

Lewis said:
:rolling

jasoncran said:

jason
Wow, no kidding. I can't imagine.

Vic said:
Back in the late 80's, I had a Freddy Kruger dream.
Were there big bangs involved? Those scared me.

Yeah, I still have one once in a while but I don't lose a whole lot of sleep over them.

You know since I stopped the street drugs I don't have many bad dreams anymore, once in while I might have a crazy dream, but not to much anymore.

a nightmare to vet can be living a certain battle or death of buddy, mine were the most mundane things as i was doing my job in afghanistan ,and couldn't stop dreaming about that for a few months, very torturing to me,

I hope I dont have nightmares when I come back from Afghanistan..

I have had a few here, but it was after my best friend was killed..
haven't had any in awhile though

I hate nightmares

kimberlyb0112 said:
I hope I dont have nightmares when I come back from Afghanistan..

I have had a few here, but it was after my best friend was killed..
haven't had any in awhile though

I hate nightmares
all vets of war do, they go away after time, if they dont then you may need to go the va.
the Lord helped me with any ptsd issues i had.
jason

Speaking of nightmares.

I the past I had a constant nightmare every night, it was later found out that it was a spiritual attack. Consulting pastors with deliverance ministries(spiritual warfare) may help.

Sometimes, nightmares comes from the devil.

azlan88 said:
I had this terrible dream that I was chased by demons. I woke up crying, "Evil! Evil!" I'm not kidding.
i had dream that obama was a president and i must be still asleep, quick somebody pinch a toe.

jason

I think nightmares can happen when we are not obeying God, but are rebellious. Nebuchudnezzar had such a dream. I'm not pointing the finger at anyone...only saying...when we are in tune with God...I think we usually have better dreams.
Although, anyone going through a war is bound to have deep trauma.
Hopefully, they can get back to normal, without years of horrific nightmares.
I'm glad I'm not involved in one.

I am a very prolific dreamer but rarely have nightmares~~I wouldn't mind having a few. Mine are very boring and are usually work related; what kind of knucklehead has dreams about working, then gets up and goes to work...yeah, I'm that guy. :shame

We once lived in a house that, while I'm not going to say it was haunted, there was definitely something not quite right about it. Anyway, after living there, I had numerous nightmares, all the way through my high-school and college years. Then I realized that they were spiritual in nature and prayed over it. Now, I very rarely get nightmares, the last one being that I dreamed I was awake and a huge spider crawled right up beside me in the bed. That was about 3 years ago.

But, yeah. I've lost sleep because of nightmares. A bad dream now and then is normal, but if one is having a real problem with bad dreams, look to the spiritual realm for the answers. And yes, sometimes God will send a bad dream to make us realize something. He did when I was involved in a cult.

(btw, can't wait until the next installment of the Dave and Lewis Show. You guys crack me up! :lol )

the image of kekyl's avater thor would give me a nightmare. right out of vallhalla.
we have a road in fl named after the valkeries

jason

Back