Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Have you heard of "The Secret" [Its a Book and they made wack job Documentary/Movie]

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

K stunna

review-of-the-secret.jpg

My English teacher forced the movie/documentary on me/the class today and i felt kinda angry that she had us watch it and took offense to it. Mostly cause the whole campaign contradicts almost everything i was taught at church and i just hate this whole "Spirituality/Occult" Campaign that is spreading nowadays....:grumpy

Personally i used to think that was my Favorite teacher until i started noticing she was an atheist and in a very sly way try to spread it, the biggest problem i had was almost everyone in the class believed in this Spirituality/Universal connection bull EVEN THE CHRISTIANS!! If anyone on here heard about this Movie/Book please tell me your oppinion and if i should feel the way i feel about it as a Christian

For those that dont here is a quick summary:
Wiki
Youtube Video

I heard this was the number 1 selling self help book at one time, dont know if it still is

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Have you heard of "The Secret" [Its a Book and they made wack job Documentary/Mov

I read the wiki link:
So if you think positive, you send out "a positive frequency"?

Ok, what energy or wave form is this "positive frequency" taking the form of? :lol

I have heard, over and over, from people who believe in "positive thinking". My sister was one of them, until she was diagnosed with M.S. That put a dent in her attitude. I don't deny that going around with a negative mindset is not the best way to live - but positive thinking is really a form of denying reality.

But I am sure Osteen would approve.

Re: Have you heard of "The Secret" [Its a Book and they made wack job Documentary/Mov

I never read The Secret, but I remember when it was all the rage. I saw clips from Oprah about it on news shows. When I was in jail, my counselor told me to read it. I decided to pray instead. I ended up getting everything dismissed, then expunged. Enough said.

If it was on Oprah, then there is a very good chance one should avoid it. I haven't read it but know more or less what it is about. I was just looking at The Power and The Magic too. It really is sheer nonsense but people will eat it up and the Church is largely to blame.

The author sure has found "The Secret" to wealth by writing a book based on pseudo-spirituality that has the secret to getting wealthy and then marketing it to the most greedy nations on the planet.

This stuff is about the glorification of self and has no place in the Christian's life.

If it was on Oprah, then there is a very good chance one should avoid it. I haven't read it but know more or less what it is about. I was just looking at The Power and The Magic too. It really is sheer nonsense but people will eat it up and the Church is largely to blame.

The author sure has found "The Secret" to wealth by writing a book based on pseudo-spirituality that has the secret to getting wealthy and then marketing it to the most greedy nations on the planet.

This stuff is about the glorification of self and has no place in the Christian's life.

Exactly, i was soooo ashamed of my so called "Christian Bretheren" to just eat it up like it was the first meal they ever ate. I really didnt respect my teacher sort of forcing it down our throats, its funny cause if it was a "Religious" video she was showing people would show OUTRAGE smh

I have seen it and the over all message is bogus, but there are truths in it. The devil only lies when it is almost true. We are physical beings that are attached to a spiritual world and to deny that is to also deny many things that they bible teaches. I am not saying to accept 'gifts' from anything other than YHWH, but to dismiss everything as new age mumbo jumbo might be short sighted as He created a universe that is based on rules.

Why does it seem that people can be collectively grumpy or happy in an area despite the weather? Why do some people tend to kill plants despite the amount of TLC they give? The questions could go on... point being that while the doc/book miss the point, it would not be prudent to suggest that even the spiritual world does not run on a set of rules created by the Creator.

What kind of reason did your English teacher give for showing this in class? What does it have to do with the English curriculum?.

Oh, wait...I forgot about the long march through the institutions. ;)

Back