Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Have you spoke in tongues, if not you are not saved

Is speaking in tongues needed to be saved

• Yes it is

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
destiny said:
I don't believe tongues are necessary for salvation, but God doesn't give the authentic gift of tongues to an unsaved person either.
The gifts of the spirit are to be coveted by believers, they are a blessing to the body and a testament to the glory of God.

Alot of people who are sick and dying would rather have a spirit filled believer praying for them instead of someone who dismisses the power of God as being able to work through the believers.

Amen and I agree with this 100% :)

destiny said:
I don't believe tongues are necessary for salvation, but God doesn't give the authentic gift of tongues to an unsaved person either.
The gifts of the spirit are to be coveted by believers, they are a blessing to the body and a testament to the glory of God.

Alot of people who are sick and dying would rather have a spirit filled believer praying for them instead of someone who dismisses the power of God as being able to manifest through the body.

And A LOT of people DYING would be BETTER served being CONFIDENT in their SALVATION than a FEAR of sickness or DEATH.

For those that are TRULY 'saved' have NO NEED of fear of the DEATH of this vessel. Rather it is but ONE CLOSER step towards their REWARD, (or their PUNISHMENT; whichever the case MAY BE).

TOO many are TOO concerned with having COMFORT in this 'world'. We have been TOLD that WE are to GLORY in 'tribulation' for THIS IS to BE EXPECTED by those that LOVE God. For He DOES 'punish those' that He LOVES. Whether it be pain of physical suffering or EVEN DEATH, MANY ARE punished by God THROUGH His Will, yet SEEM to think it a 'bad' thing.

But REMEMBER 'what' we have been TOLD concerning 'tongues'; ARE for a 'sign' NOT to them that believe, but to them that BELIEVE NOT.

Self EDIFICATION is NOT what we have been TAUGHT. If ONE is UNABLE to come to an understanding of and a LOVE offered WITHOUT 'self edification' then they are SIMPLY 'seeking' instead of HAVING FOUND. For that which ONLY offers 'self-edification' is of LITTLE effect in what we have been COMMANDED to perform.

Yet I WILL say this; There WILL be tongues as The Spirit GIVES utterance. The thing to BEWARE of is WHAT 'spirit' is GIVING UTTERANCE. For it is OBVIOUS in the USE of tongues that there IS abuse or even OUTRIGHT use of 'false tongues', (those NOT given by THE Spirit).

That is WHY Paul offered the RULES of the 'use' of tongues. To CLARIFY their significance and PROPER USE.

I have witnessed MUCH use of tongues that is NOT as The Spirit GAVE utterance. And this IS discernable. For IF the tongues used IN THE CHURCH do NOT follow the rules as laid down by Paul, then THESE 'cannot' BE 'true tongues', but SOMETHING ELSE.

Otherwise one MUST ignore the words of Paul and simply 'follow their OWN understanding'.

And; 'Where there ARE tongues, THEY SHALL CEASE'. Is there REALLY a NEED for God to offer the ability for one to SPEAK in 'other tongues' in this 'age' in which we now live? For the Word has been translated in about EVERY language and there are MANY that are able to speak in MANY languages WITHOUT being 'gifted' with tongues.

As Paul PLAINLY offers, IF you speak in an UNKNOWN tongue and one UNLEARNED of the Spirit witnesses this; would HE NOT thinK you INSANE? And of WHAT possible BENEFIT could it SERVE to speak in something that IS NOT UNDERSTOOD?

God is ABLE to KNOW what IS IN one's HEART. BEFORE one can EVEN ask, God KNOWS what WE NEED. Christ offered what we ARE to pray so that is OBVIOUSLY ENOUGH. That one may CHOOSE to fill their prayers with USELESS words is of NONE effect. For those that ARE in the Spirit ARE IN PERSONAL COMMUNION WITH GOD.

Tongues are NOT a 'sign of them that are SAVED'. That they MAY be a 'sign' is CERTAINLY DIFFERENT than saying that they ARE. IF tongues WERE NEEDED then we would have BEEN TOLD THIS. Yet we ONLY have examples WRITTEN Of tongues being spoken upon baptism of the Holy Spirit. IT HAS NEVER been offered that those that ARE baptised in the Holy Spirit WILL speak in tongues. For, as stated previous, it IS stated that 'where there be tongues, THEY SHALL CEASE'.

And ONE more little 'tid-bit' of INFORMATION; True tongues CANNOT BE TAUGHT. Yet I have PERSONALLY had a pastor tell me that the REASON that I did NOT understand tongues was that I was NOT RAISED THIS WAY. Huh? An OBVIOUS admission of the NEED to be "TAUGHT''' to ACCEPT tongues. But IF these were spoken AS the Spirit GIVES utterance, then there would be NO WAY that one could AVOID an UNDERSTANDING of tongues. They would NOT have need of 'being TAUGHT' but would BE something that EVERY church would have KNOWLEDGE of, (unless, of course, ONLY those members of churches that TEACH tongues are 'saved').

MEC

And A LOT of people DYING would be BETTER served being CONFIDENT in their SALVATION than a FEAR of sickness or DEATH.
True enough, Mec ....but that wasn't the point I was making

destiny said:
True enough, Mec ....but that wasn't the point I was making

destiny,

I wasn't 'trying to put words in your mouth'. I promise. What I was offering was for the benefit of others that may not 'understand'. For we SEE many that through utter ignorance will FLOCK to the likes of Benni Hindi's and such in the HOPES of 'being PHYSICALLY HEALED' when in TRUTH it is SPIRITUAL 'healing' that MOST are IN NEED of.

I probably should have just made a 'general' reply to your post instead of directing it at you. Didn't MEAN for it to seem as IF I were replying ONLY TO YOU. Next time I will place MORE thought into my post. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Blessings,

MEC

mutzrein said:
Is the gift of tongues necessary for salvation? No of course not.

And there is something else I can state just as adamantly. Tongues is no guarantee that one is 'saved'.

And since I speak in tongues, I'm sure Solo would agree with me. :wink:

Gee Mutz, even I can agree with that. 8-)

Tongues is no guarantee that one is 'saved'.

Mutz,
chances are if an unsaved person is speaking in unknown tongues...then they are also manifesting uncontrolled growling and howling; they talk in their sleep and legions of voices start speaking, and they are blacking out for unaccounted hours at a time, yet they don't even drink. :-D

But then again, I believe a person can fall away and still retain the gift.

jgredline said:
Hey Mutz.
Where have u been?

Taking care of business actually. I've been spending minimal time online recently due to involvement in a new venture. I'll post some details in the business & career board.

Thanks for asking JG.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back