Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Hearing from God.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Hello brothers and sisters,
I have been looking for a group besides this to bounce off some ideas and to test a method that I found to know how to recognize God's voice. It is by Rick Warren, a senior pastor at a church in southern California I believe. If you would like to check it out, here is the link:
In any case, I found an online group I would like to try called CFC (Christian Fellowship Church) and prayed to God about whether I should join or not. God's response was no. To verify this, I just asked God to verify, which is the question, who died for my sins? God responded but it was choppy (stuttering) but it is usually like that which brought me to look up how to clearly know God is talking to me and suggested to ask fellow Christians to see what they would say. Do you think it was God talking to me when answering no? Has anyone heard of CFC or know an online small group that I can join besides this? The church would be better, however, I am in the process of finding one as I am not in the states or where you can easily find one online.

My answer to your question;

Let me ask you a simple question.

What did you forget about the Lord?

Find out what you forget and search them out from the Bible. Then you along your way you will find your answer.

John 14:6 says "Jesus is the way.... Which means as you go about finding Jesus, you will find the way.

Lastly you do not need to ask God to tell you everything. God will tell you when it's necessary. if CFC is a group that loves the Lord Jesus and expects His coming. Your intention for joining CFC should address this issue if you are also expecting the second coming of Christ.

If you want God to be telling you everything with voice, then you must have forgotten something. Maybe your Bible or some of His instructions.

Back to my question: "What do you forget about the Lord?"

Shalom!

Hi sushilp3585

I have never heard of this particular church and looked it up and so far could not see anything wrong with it. Pastor Peter Tan-Chi has many online ministry videos and I have only listened to one of them called Jesus is Coming, Be Ready and found it very informative.

Here is my advice. Anytime you are searching for a church the first thing is to ask is for their statement of faith so you can see what they believe. Then listen carefully as what the Pastor is teaching whether it lines up with scripture as you take those scriptures and study them asking the Holy Spirit teach you. Now, the Holy Spirit will always let you know it is the right church for you to be in.

God bless you and praying for you.

My answer to your question;

Let me ask you a simple question.

Find out what you forget and search them out from the Bible. Then you along your way you will find your answer.

could you clarify a bit more as to what you mean by the question without answering, please? I do not quite understand what this question means.

Hello brothers and sisters,
I have been looking for a group besides this to bounce off some ideas and to test a method that I found to know how to recognize God's voice. It is by Rick Warren, a senior pastor at a church in southern California I believe. If you would like to check it out, here is the link: [...] In any case, I found an online group I would like to try called CFC (Christian Fellowship Church) and prayed to God about whether I should join or not. God's response was no. To verify this, I just asked God to verify, which is the question, who died for my sins? God responded but it was choppy (stuttering) but it is usually like that which brought me to look up how to clearly know God is talking to me and suggested to ask fellow Christians to see what they would say. Do you think it was God talking to me when answering no? Has anyone heard of CFC or know an online small group that I can join besides this? The church would be better, however, I am in the process of finding one as I am not in the states or where you can easily find one online.
I listened to the entire video. It was very good, well organized, and spot on with God's word. I only questioned one of the points that didn't seem to fit, but perhaps I just didn't get the picture he was drawing about it.

In regard to your question, I'd say that before you join any church, you should follow Rick's advice. I believe that in time you'll find out if a church is where you belong or not. With knowledge of scripture, you'll see if what is taught there is of God or not. I spent the first 20 years of my Christian life in churches where I didn't belong, because I just didn't know enough of scripture, or didn't pay enough attention to the discrepancies between what was taught and what scripture said. But one might say that I belonged in those churches until God taught me what I needed to know.

I don't know of any online groups that meet regularly. I believe in face-to-face Christianity, so forums are a low priority for me. If I were in your position, I think I would go around to various churches and ask a series of questions, like: what is your emphasis? do you have small groups? is there a fit for me in your church and ministry? and other questions that concerned me. Then I would ask God to direct me to the one most fitted.

What do you forget about the Lord?

could you clarify a bit more as to what you mean by the question without answering, please? I do not quite understand what this question means.

Remember your 'good old days' with the Lord?

your wealth of wisdom and bonus of energies in His Spiritual overflow. Revelation 2:4

I will be posting a daily devotional about "magical Enemy" in the "devotion section" in this forum. Please create time to visit. There is where I pitched my tent.

I listened to the entire video. It was very good, well organized, and spot on with God's word. I only questioned one of the points that didn't seem to fit, but perhaps I just didn't get the picture he was drawing about it.

In regard to your question, I'd say that before you join any church, you should follow Rick's advice. I believe that in time you'll find out if a church is where you belong or not. With knowledge of scripture, you'll see if what is taught there is of God or not. I spent the first 20 years of my Christian life in churches where I didn't belong, because I just didn't know enough of scripture, or didn't pay enough attention to the discrepancies between what was taught and what scripture said. But one might say that I belonged in those churches until God taught me what I needed to know.

I don't know of any online groups that meet regularly. I believe in face-to-face Christianity, so forums are a low priority for me. If I were in your position, I think I would go around to various churches and ask a series of questions, like: what is your emphasis? do you have small groups? is there a fit for me in your church and ministry? and other questions that concerned me. Then I would ask God to direct me to the one most fitted.
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to watch the video on my behalf. I greatly appreciate it. I am sure I heard God told me to start going to a church. I do not see why Satan would plant that in my head. However, I will pray once again and confirm since I am not a smart person. Thanks again

God speaks when he wants to. We hear when God speaks.

Maybe that's what we forget about the Lord. That he is our king.

I do not mention Satan. But there is a magical enemy of confusion when we are always wanting God to speak to us.

And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”

Jesus followed instructions given to fulfill the gospel. He never ask God to speak to Him in his ministry

If there is anything God wants to tell us, he will let us know when he wants to.

What do you forget about the Lord?

Remember your 'good old days' with the Lord?

your wealth of wisdom and bonus of energies in His Spiritual overflow. Revelation 2:4

I will be posting a daily devotional about "magical Enemy" in the "devotion section" in this forum. Please create time to visit. There is where I pitched my tent.
Yes, I finally got it. However, I don't have much experience as I am still a newb.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back