Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Heaven

Yes, and that Greek word for "air" in 1 Thess.4 can also mean 'to respire', like breath. What was it called that God put into Adam, and Adam became a living soul? The breath of Life. What Paul is actually talking about is the breath of life type body, the "spiritual body" or "image of the heavenly" he taught in 1 Cor.15.

jasoncran said:
you aren't a believer in the rapture then?

If you mean the pre-trib "secret rapture" idea that began in 1830's Great Britain, no.

But if you mean a time of Christ gathering His saints to Him at the 7th trump sounding, then yes. Paul continued the detail of Christ gathering the saints in 1 Cor.15, and there he described it as a change at the "twinkling of an eye", pulling from the Isaiah 25 prophecy about the vail that's cast over all nations being removed. Simply, the word 'rapture' originates from the Latin for the Greek word 'harpazo' (to sieze).

jasoncran said:
you aren't a believer in the rapture then?

It teaches people that they will be gone before the tribulation starts,,,thus people will not be prepared when they go through it........We have very strict instructions on what we are to do when antichrist is here and what we are suppose to be doing when Christ arrives......

If there is a rapture ,,,we might as well throw all of that info out the window........

Jim R;

like you, I very much envision heaven as a place where I may live with those whom I love in a sociality similar to the present. That is, I have hope that my wife and children are still family, my friends are still my friends and all who live there will do so in joy and harmony forever.

clearly

Personally I would be ticked off,,,if God yanked me out the game in the fourth quarter,,,,I been putting on my armor preparing for battle ,,,now some rapturist claim we wont be here????????

Why the hech did God say put on the full armor,,,,why did He tell us not to follow the antichrist if we werent going to be here,,,,backward logic......NO RAPTURE

(THE) said:
Personally I would be ticked off,,,if God yanked me out the game in the fourth quarter,,,,I been putting on my armor preparing for battle ,,,now some rapturist claim we wont be here????????

Why the hech did God say put on the full armor,,,,why did He tell us not to follow the antichrist if we werent going to be here,,,,backward logic......NO RAPTURE
This really is not a good argument against the rapture, since I don't think you understand the reason for putting on the armor. It's off topic anyway.

Free said:
(THE) said:

This really is not a good argument against the rapture, since I don't think you understand the reason for putting on the armor. It's off topic anyway.

You say I dont know the reason for putting on the armor????????? \

I say I do..........

Lets see whos right ..............

I think the reason for putting on the armor is so that you can stand against the wiles of the devil.....

What does the bible say ???????

Ephesians 6:11Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

Looks like im right.......

veteran said:
3. When Christ died on the cross, at that same time some came out of their graves and appeared to many in Jerusalem. Those were resurrected. So what happenned to them, was their flesh raised only for them to die again later? Not likely. Most likely they were changed to a resurrection body then, and appeared in Jerusalem for a while.

Rather, that scenario is entirely unlikely, otherwise no one would have attested to a "better resurrection" than achieved by those who came out of their graves at the cross. (Heb 11:35)

most likely, they were like the Lazarus Jesus raised to life from the grave, who went on to physically die again.

Matthew 27:53
They came out of the tombs, and after Jesus' resurrection they went into the holy city and appeared to many people.
2 Timothy 2:18
who have wandered away from the truth. They say that the resurrection has already taken place, and they destroy the faith of some. The resurrection has yet to take place, however, God has made some exceptions for some certain persons.

Back