Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Hello everybody!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Pard

Well, I'm not new but I figured I'd post a hello. Last time I swung by I didn't, but I also didn't plan on sticking around for long. School is kind of a time consumer, so I decided not to do the forum thing while in school. However, with the spring semester coming to a close in just three weeks(!!!!!) I figured I'd have some more time and that means I can do the forum-thing.

Boy did I miss this place, both mentally and spiritually. College is a bit of spiritual bother, but I'm doing A-OK!

Finally made my mind up about the career thing and ended up declaring my major in Criminal Justice earlier this year.

Well, I have to go to class, but I'll be sure to get on after and do some snooping in the rest of the site. :thumbsup

Well, I'm not new but I figured I'd post a hello. Last time I swung by I didn't, but I also didn't plan on sticking around for long. School is kind of a time consumer, so I decided not to do the forum thing while in school. However, with the spring semester coming to a close in just three weeks(!!!!!) I figured I'd have some more time and that means I can do the forum-thing.

Boy did I miss this place, both mentally and spiritually. College is a bit of spiritual bother, but I'm doing A-OK!

Finally made my mind up about the career thing and ended up declaring my major in Criminal Justice earlier this year.

Well, I have to go to class, but I'll be sure to get on after and do some snooping in the rest of the site. :thumbsup
going into law enforcement eh? as cop or forensics?

Jason,

Cop.

God willing, I'd like to be in a police department in two years time. Not sure where, part of me wants to stay here and try for a spot on my town's PD but I've always wanted to live in Alaska... it's like Connecticut, but its colder for longer :thumbsup

My only reservation about Alaska is that like 90% of the people have guns, and as a citizen I love that idea, but as a cop that means that even more bad guys have guns so...

And hello rain, excuse me while I search my memory for who you are again. ;)

Jason,

Cop.

God willing, I'd like to be in a police department in two years time. Not sure where, part of me wants to stay here and try for a spot on my town's PD but I've always wanted to live in Alaska... it's like Connecticut, but its colder for longer :thumbsup

My only reservation about Alaska is that like 90% of the people have guns, and as a citizen I love that idea, but as a cop that means that even more bad guys have guns so...

And hello rain, excuse me while I search my memory for who you are again. ;)
ok but dont you see the irony in that statement? crooks always can get guns despite laws. surely the acedemy will teach you that.

Oh I know that. I'm a card carrying member of the NRA, even got their neat shield in the back window of my truck. Man I love to drive to school in my truck with my NRA badge and all the hippy-liberal children flick me off as I drive by. I bet it drives them even more nuts when I pull an art portfolio out of the bed and head to my drawing class! (Don't ask why I am taking drawing... basically it was either that or "Humanities" *gag*)

I shouldn't have said bad guys. Wrong word choice. I meant irate drunks home from the bar and who gets pissy because they are getting pulled over. My teacher (works for the local PD) explained how some of the most dangerous stops you can make are drunks coming home from the bar because they can go crazy in a second and when they do they don't really care if you are a cop or a tree, they will flip out on you with whatever they have.

;)

I don`t know. Maybe Alaskan`s are more responsible gun owners because I don`t hear news about gangs and gun shooting sprees in Alaska. You actually hear more of that kind of news from areas where the gun control laws are stricter. I don`t think I would let that be the thing that put me off from going there. I think the thing that would put me off would be the dark season. I enjoy the beauty of sunlight too much. But as for being a cop, I think Alaska has a low violent crime rate doesn`t it as compared to other states? If the violence is low, then it would be a nice work environment for police, I think.

Anyway, hello and good luck with your classes.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back