Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Hello from Mississippi

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

eddif

When I do car posts I usually refer to myself as the jerk from Mississippi. As a Christian I sure realize some think that is a poor statement. As a Bible student I hope it is an honest statement. Paul gets to talking about serving with the body and the mind as being opposites, opposites that seem to go on at the same time. Gravity tries to sink the boat and bouyancy tries to push it out of the water (all at the same time). Although the law of sin and death tries to sink me, by grace the redemption of Christ Jesus saved me.

If I get to talking about human anatomy too much fuss at me. I really see the human body made in the image of God. Made so much like God that every time the Bible mentions a kidney you can look at generan information and understand God better. Romans 1:19-20

I am into Bible symbolism big time. I love to talk about the hidden man of the Heart (the natural pacemaker that looks like a crucified little man).

Direct me to threads where I fit in.

eddif

If I get to talking about human anatomy too much fuss at me.

Nothing to fuss at you about yet, but that's one of the funniest lines I've heard in a while. :lol Oh, you southern folk and your southern phrases. :)

Nice intro! Welcome to CFnet! :wave

Thanks for the welcome.

While I am waiting for posting rights ya'll look up the hidden man of the heart.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrical_conduction_system_of_the_heart

You are looking for a nerve network roughly resembling a man. Remember Jesus was crucified (bones out of joint, hands warped from nails, etc,). I always thought of the hidden man of the heart looking neat and wonderfull, and never thought the suffering might be visable.

eddif

Hey there! M-I-S-S-I-S-S-I-P-P-I! How badly I wish I could live there (and I do intend to get my butt outa this place!) right now! But I can wait.

Glad to have you on board, and do go on about this heart thingy... :chin

Eventually it will possibly take two threads for some to have a hint how I justify talking about human body parts (heart, etc). It all starts with Jesus being the sacrafice that lasts for eternity. It is also about things hidden from the foundation of the world. The old testament sacrafices point to the inside of the sacrafice.

The burnt offering was more about the inner part of the sacrafice rather than the outer hide. We tend to think of the outer man. It is the inner man that Jesus comes into, after he knocks at our door (if any man open the door).

The heart is the part of us that directs all the oxygen, nutrients, disease fighting parts to the body. It is Jesus inside us that directs our actions. About this point in time we know the human heart is desperately wicked without help. To be reborn we need to change the old heart for a new heart and have the continual help of the Holy Spirit sent by Jesus and the Father (each of us tends to have our own concept--sometimes needing a little thought tweaking). This thought tweaking is what led me into the Romans 1:19-20 passage about creation revealing the things of God.

So the sacraficed Jesus tends to direct our inner thoughts and actions (from inside us and from the right hand of God in heaven).

All my talk about the natural pacemaker is for this reason: If we believe we are controlled by a nerve network (nerves being like angles) then we can believe that a spiritual Jesus can control our inner man.

Hey, I am into discussing this, to smooth out what I do not fully know yet. Others may have been herel for years. Soon, hopefully, I will expand this and seperate the thoughts. Cooking two beans in a pot confuses digestion and too many thoughts at one time overload our thought process.

eddif

welcome to christianforums.net... my family is actually from McComb, Mississippi, still have alot of family down there.

While I would rather not say the exact town I am in, I am fairly close to Mc Comb. I was there a few days ago doing some shopping for an appliance.

By the way. My wife likes to take physical trips to places. I on the other hand like to take mental / spiritual trips. That lets me really like Revelation 4. The only thing is, IMHO, that winds up with me visiting places inside our body that are symbols of the tabernacle fittings. The reality is always spiritual, but it is really interesting to see a physical part of His creation point to the spiritual. Of course he hid all the symbols that we might know Him better.

Of course there are some symbols that show the warning of the garden of Eden. So although there are positive things, that does not stop having to deal with certain negative areas. These are those things we crucify daily.

eddif

I have not told some of the background behind the symbolism I share. I seem to be hearing a quiet voice instructing me to share.

In 1977 I went to a Marilyn Hickey function in Denver CO. I was asked to stand up and with a word of knowledge she told me I would become a priest. I was told I would not do all the things without sin (boy was that on target -- just ask my wife). I was also told I would feel the afflictions (can't remember the word) of others.

I expected the priesthood would be much more external than it has become. Today I talk about the tabernacle we are and the body part you may be in the body. Just recently I got another word about the priesthood. Of course when I open my mouth about body parts some freak. It takes faith to function (especially when your calling is a little off the beaten path).

The kingdom of God is within us. Open the door wide when he knocks. Just be prepared that your individual calling might be just that--Individual (not weird but biblical). Then you have to blend / share that function with the whole body of Christ (as much as possible).

In the natural I would rather not share all this; but then this is not about me / us, but it is about Him in us.

eddif

Welcome to the forum eddif. :wave Tell me. If you divided the state of Mississippi into Three sections; Top, Middle, and Bottom. which section would you be in?

Welcome to the forum eddif. :wave Tell me. If you divided the state of Mississippi into Three sections; Top, Middle, and Bottom. which section would you be in?
Actually SMOOCH and my response pretty much located my area. I am not too far from Jackson also.

You define yourself as mid-south. I tell you what (LOL). I might consider telling you a little more if you tell us a little more about your location (got to love it).

Know no man after the flesh is often a good idea. We often want to know physical information, when knowing someone after the spirit is what we need to do. Of course I totally blew that concept the first post ( when I announced Mississippi as my home stat), I started the physical.

When I start some conversations, some folks wonder what planet I am from --rather than what area of the state.

God has hidden his treasures in earthern vessels on purpose. I sure qualify as earthy (much to my shame at times).

eddif

Actually SMOOCH and my response pretty much located my area. I am not too far from Jackson also.

You define yourself as mid-south. I tell you what (LOL). I might consider telling you a little more if you tell us a little more about your location (got to love it).

Know no man after the flesh is often a good idea. We often want to know physical information, when knowing someone after the spirit is what we need to do. Of course I totally blew that concept the first post ( when I announced Mississippi as my home stat), I started the physical.

When I start some conversations, some folks wonder what planet I am from --rather than what area of the state.

God has hidden his treasures in earthern vessels on purpose. I sure qualify as earthy (much to my shame at times).

eddif

Not far from Jackson is fine. I live in N MS so I was just wondering. Again welcome to the forum

I know what planet you are from, the same one I am from :biggrin

This world is NOT my home! My home will be with Jesus.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back