Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Hello

Hello, new to the forums.. a little background story;

I was raised Christian and attended church up until about 16 and then slowly stopped. And started straying away from Christ and I am now 22 and have a 1 1/2 year old son and a beautiful 5 month old daughter.

So, I've decided that I need to go back to church and get everything back on track....strayed away and was atheist for a few years and I guess after I started my little family 1+ years ago it slowly started to sink in that I needed to go back and that my current beliefs and lifestyle aren't exactly the right ones. Take for granted I don't do anything bad by any means just in the sense that I didn't really acknowledge anything specifically religion wise, and bad habits of cussing like a sailor and that whole route. I mean it could be worse and I could be doing drugs and what not but I guess a sins a sin right doesn't entirely matter how small it may be.

I'm looking for a little help getting back on the right track and becoming the person I need to be. A little push everyday and some daily inspiration as well as somebody to help keep me on the right track.

Hopefully I can get that here and start becoming a better person, boyfriend, and father that the Lord intended for me to be. :)

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Hi I Am Broox,

I hope you'll find encouragement in Jesus. To start, I wouldn't put the focus on becoming a better person, but dwell on what God has done for you despite your sinful nature, and I think you'll begin to be more like Christ.

Revelation 12:11
New King James Version (NKJV)
11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death.

- Davies

Welcome to CFnet! :wave

I get what you're saying, but I believe it's a little dangerous to minimize your sin. You not only need to believe the right thing. You need to grasp your utter dependence on Him. Minimizing our sin kinda minimizes our need for a Savior, and that's where true repentance starts. I'm happy you joined. :)

Hello, I Am Broox. It's nice to meet you. I've had times when I've strayed from the Lord as well, and he's always welcomed me back. Hope to see you around.:wave

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. - 1 John 1:9 (KJV)

Back