Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Hey Guys! I Can Talk With God! No Really!

S

Strangelove

Hi everyone. It's Doc here.

Does anyone else have conversations with God inside their heads like this>>>>>

Doc: Dear Lord Jesus

Jesus: Hi Doc

Doc: Praise your name!

Jesus: Ok. Whats up?

Doc: Just wanted some guidance really....um....do you think I should sell my house and move closer to the town centre?

Jesus: It makes perfect sense.

Doc: Brilliant! Thanks Jesus.

Jesus: No probs. Anything else?

Doc: Nope. Done deal.

Jesus: Ok. I'll see you tomor....

Doc: Oh wait...How about the lottery numbers for next weeks draw?

Jesus: I told you I'm never gonna do that. It's not ethical.

Doc: Ok. Hey....God loves a tryer eh? LOLZ!!

Jesus: (**giggle**) Your a funny one Doc. Thats what I love about you.

Doc: Alright then Jesus. Check in with you tomorrow. Oh Jesus I love you so.

Jesus: Love you too buddy. Bye.

------------------------------------------------------------

Sometimes I have conversations like that but halfway through or immediately after I think to myself....maybe I was just talking to myself...using my God given common sense and reasoning to give back the answers that I think Jesus would give.

Thesedays I find I'm more comfortable just....like....talking to...and praising Jesus without Him actually answering at all.

What do you guys think?

Can we actually have 2 way conversations with God inside our brains?

Doc >>>>

Hi everyone. It's Doc here.

Does anyone else have conversations with God inside their heads like this>>>>>

Doc: Dear Lord Jesus

Jesus: Hi Doc

Doc: Praise your name!

Jesus: Ok. Whats up?

Doc: Just wanted some guidance really....um....do you think I should sell my house and move closer to the town centre?

Jesus: It makes perfect sense.

Doc: Brilliant! Thanks Jesus.

Jesus: No probs. Anything else?

Doc: Nope. Done deal.

Jesus: Ok. I'll see you tomor....

Doc: Oh wait...How about the lottery numbers for next weeks draw?

Jesus: I told you I'm never gonna do that. It's not ethical.

Doc: Ok. Hey....God loves a tryer eh? LOLZ!!

Jesus: (**giggle**) Your a funny one Doc. Thats what I love about you.

Doc: Alright then Jesus. Check in with you tomorrow. Oh Jesus I love you so.

Jesus: Love you too buddy. Bye.

------------------------------------------------------------

Sometimes I have conversations like that but halfway through or immediately after I think to myself....maybe I was just talking to myself...using my God given common sense and reasoning to give back the answers that I think Jesus would give.

Thesedays I find I'm more comfortable just....like....talking to...and praising Jesus without Him actually answering at all.

What do you guys think?

Can we actually have 2 way conversations with God inside our brains?

Doc >>>>

:lol

i hear ya on this one Doc.

the whole Word faith crew LOVE to recount their personal visits with God. some of them go to the throne room and have chats.

:screwloose

Doesn't sound like God to me. But that's for you and him to work out. The bible tells us that we do need to test the spirits. The devil can get a lot of mileage out of stringing us along pretending to be jesus.

(Which doesn't mean God doesn't talk with us and joke with us, but you want to check the source.)

(permanently, the bible doesn't put any kind of stipulation on it that means only young christians have to be careful.)

I have never had such a conversation. I have had Him express emotions and ideas but never words. Sure it can happen, just not with me... yet! I like when he expresses emotions through me because is honestly feels like the most pure form of that emotion.

I have never had such a conversation. I have had Him express emotions and ideas but never words. Sure it can happen, just not with me... yet! I like when he expresses emotions through me because is honestly feels like the most pure form of that emotion.
Well when I was converted I did go through a phase of speaking with words, it lasted a few days then he elevated my consciousness (the words he said were "going up and up and up and up and up and up and up) until my relationship with Him was no longer reliant on His voice, I had learned to communicate directly by spirit. You'll get this one day, I think this "personal relationship" with God is the hearts true desire. Seek it!

I have conversations with the Lord, but answers are never in my current vernacular. They are much more subtle and sometimes they themselves, are in question form.

If you got answers like that, I'd say you were talking to yourself. There is an old saying; people who talk to themselves are either rich or crazy.

You must decide. :lol

There is an old saying; people who talk to themselves are either rich or crazy.

I talk to myself all the time!!! I know I'm not rich! :confused

I've known God to speak with me as well, and it is far more subtle, yet very profound, enough so that I have no doubt that it is God.

As for the conversation, if that went on in my head, yeah, I'd have to think it was me.

I have conversations with the Lord, but answers are never in my current vernacular. They are much more subtle and sometimes they themselves, are in question form.

If you got answers like that, I'd say you were talking to yourself. There is an old saying; people who talk to themselves are either rich or crazy.

But who is it you are speaking to, according to what I've learned of Christian spirituality there are the following voices which can enter your mind:

Your ego (soul, conscience)
God the father
Jesus Christ
An angel
A transcended human
A demon
The devil

Most likely if you haven't established your relationship with God, you'll have no idea who you're talking to and will most likely presume it is your ego. Being ignorant to spirituality doesn't mean you're immune to it, but if you are chosen for God you'll be under the guard of His angels.

Talking to oneself could make them more intelligent in a sense, to a degree, and in some cases....thinking aloud to yourself causes you to reflect and plan better....I do it all teh timez

But who is it you are speaking to, according to what I've learned of Christian spirituality there are the following voices which can enter your mind:

God the father
Jesus Christ
An angel
A transcended human
A demon
The devil

Most likely if you haven't established your relationship with God, you'll have no idea who you're talking to and will most likely presume it is your ego. Being ignorant to spirituality doesn't mean you're immune to it, but if you are chosen for God you'll be under the guard of His angels.

Would you mind giving us an example of a conversation you have with the following of your examples::::

God the father
Jesus Christ
An angel
A transcended human

Kinda in the same format as my original post. Thanks.

Doc.

This is exactly the same case for me how funny! When I first began speaking with the Lord He would use words I'd never even heard of. I had to look words up in the dictionary constantly.

God the father
Jesus Christ
An angel
A transcended human
A demon
The devil

Could you explain "a transcended human" I've never heard that before

Would you mind giving us an example of a conversation you have with the following of your examples::::

God the father
Dear Lord
Yes son
These people are testing me
I know
What should I do
Quote them that passage from the Bible
Which one?
Hebrews Chapter 22 and verse three
It's not there, I feel stupid, what do I do
Be brave
Ok, what next
Give them more of what they want
Ok, thanks for chatting
Anytime friend!

Jesus Christ
Jesus, these guys are going to mock me
I told you they would
Yeah, so?
What have you learned?
That I always knew anyway that the human can't remember for more than a moment
(made me pause)
Lord, are you there?
Who asks a question like that? (wink)
I love you man, I hate them tearing me down
That's pride
Yeah I know
So deal with it
Do you mind that I'm in this situation
Whatever you want brother, it's all good
Man I wish everyone knew you
That's not for you to decide, is it?
We've been over this before
Oh so you do remember something?
(brings a passage to mind without speaking)
Revelation 22
18I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book. 19And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.
Lord if I have sinned by adding words to your testimony I pray for your mercy when I come to be judged for my words.

An angel
Nope, my relationship is exclusively with God the father and Jesus Christ. The angels have helped me a lot through my life.

A transcended human
My conscience tells me this is of the dark force, I have no interest going there.

Kinda in the same format as my original post. Thanks.

Doc.[/QUOTE]

No problem I hope it helps.

Could you explain "a transcended human" I've never heard that before
It's a nice way I have of saying the soul has finished with the body so it has transcended the earthly realm. I could write "dead people" but that's a bit delusive in terms of the nature of God's creation.

It's a nice way I have of saying the soul has finished with the body so it has transcended the earthly realm. I could write "dead people" but that's a bit delusive in terms of the nature of God's creation.

the dead whether saved un notsaved dont roam the earth, satan and his minions do, and angel wont imitate nor take on a person that you knew(aka familiar spirits)

God does not speak in a literal voice. If one hears a voice in their head that person is hallucinating.

Back