Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study HIDDEN MANNA - The Dew of Heaven

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

ezrider

Revelation 2:17
He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

To those who overcome it is promised they be given to eat of the hidden manna. To be hidden means to be kept secret, or otherwise to be concealed. This manna is not something that can be seen and gathered as the children of Israel did when they wandered in the wilderness to prove themselves. This hidden manna is something that can only be received if you are in a position to receive it. In this case, it is to him that overcometh.

Exodus 16:13-15
And it came to pass, that at even the quails came up, and covered the camp: and in the morning the dew lay round about the host. And when the dew that lay was gone up, behold, upon the face of the wilderness there lay a small round thing, as small as the hoar frost on the ground. And when the children of Israel saw it, they said one to another, It is manna: for they wist not what it was. And Moses said unto them, This is the bread which the Lord hath given you to eat.

The manna that the children of Israel gathered in the wilderness was the residue that was left of the morning dew after the heat of the day had risen upon it. But the bread of life is not gathered from among that which is seen after the Spirit bloweth upon it, but rather is received as the morning dew. The Dew of Heaven.

Psalm 133:1-3
Behold, how good and how pleasant it is
for brethren to dwell together in unity!
It is like the precious ointment upon the head,
that ran down upon the beard,
even Aaron's beard: that went down to the skirts of his garments;
As the dew of Hermon, and as the dew that descended upon the mountains of Zion:
for there the Lord commanded the blessing,
even life for evermore.

Deuteronomy 32:1-4
Give ear, O ye heavens, and I will speak;
and hear, O earth, the words of my mouth.
My doctrine shall drop as the rain,
my speech shall distil as the dew,
as the small rain upon the tender herb,
and as the showers upon the grass:
Because I will publish the name of the Lord:
ascribe ye greatness unto our God.
He is the Rock, his work is perfect:
for all his ways are judgment:
a God of truth and without iniquity,
just and right is he.

Deuteronomy 33:13
And of Joseph he said,
Blessed of the Lord be his land,
for the precious things of heaven, for the dew,
and for the deep that coucheth beneath,

Genesis 27:26-29
And his father Isaac said unto him, Come near now, and kiss me, my son. And he came near, and kissed him: and he smelled the smell of his raiment, and blessed him, and said,
See, the smell of my son is as the
smell of a field which the Lord hath blessed:
Therefore God give thee of the dew of heaven,
and the fatness of the earth,
and plenty of corn and wine:
Let people serve thee,
and nations bow down to thee:
be lord over thy brethren,
and let thy mother's sons bow down to thee:
cursed be every one that curseth thee,
and blessed be he that blesseth thee.

Psalm 78:13-20
He divided the sea, and caused them to pass through;
and he made the waters to stand as an heap.
In the daytime also he led them with a cloud,
and all the night with a light of fire.
He clave the rocks in the wilderness,
and gave them drink as out of the great depths.
He brought streams also out of the rock,
and caused waters to run down like rivers.
And they sinned yet more against him
by provoking the most High in the wilderness.
And they tempted God in their heart
by asking meat for their lust.
Yea, they spake against God; they said,
Can God furnish a table in the wilderness?
Behold, he smote the rock, that the waters gushed out,
and the streams overflowed;
can he give bread also?
can he provide flesh for his people?

Psalm 78:21-39
Therefore the Lord heard this, and was wroth:
so a fire was kindled against Jacob,
and anger also came up against Israel;
Because they believed not in God,
and trusted not in his salvation:
Though he had commanded the clouds from above,
and opened the doors of heaven,
And had rained down manna upon them to eat,
and had given them of the corn of heaven.
Man did eat angels' food:
he sent them meat to the full.
He caused an east wind to blow in the heaven:
and by his power he brought in the south wind.
He rained flesh also upon them as dust,
and feathered fowls like as the sand of the sea:
And he let it fall in the midst of their camp,
round about their habitations.
So they did eat, and were well filled:
for he gave them their own desire;
They were not estranged from their lust.
But while their meat was yet in their mouths,
The wrath of God came upon them,
and slew the fattest of them,
and smote down the chosen men of Israel.
For all this they sinned still,
and believed not for his wondrous works.
Therefore their days did he consume in vanity,
and their years in trouble.
When he slew them, then they sought him:
and they returned and enquired early after God.
And they remembered that God was their rock,
and the high God their redeemer.
Nevertheless they did flatter him with their mouth,
and they lied unto him with their tongues.
For their heart was not right with him,
neither were they stedfast in his covenant.
But he, being full of compassion, forgave their iniquity, and destroyed them not:

yea, many a time turned he his anger away,
and did not stir up all his wrath.
For he remembered that they were but flesh;

a wind that passeth away, and cometh not again.

from reading the scriptures you posted at first reading it looks to me like the manna from heaven is special spiritual food to sustain us - or it could be Jesus - we need to lean our entire being on Jesus each day to be filled with His mind/heart/attitude/motivations - that's what i see at first glance

Last edited:
I began this thread to share something special from the word of God, but others had different motives. A number of comments subsequently were removed. I have found this to be very frustrating and aggravating, and I have not yet decided to what extent I will continue with this study, if at all. If I find this to be more frustrating than it is satisfying or rewarding, and if I find it brings to me more aggravation than joy, then my patience has been found wanting and I have no business trying to share the word of the Lord.

The dew of heaven, the hidden manna is something promised to those who have overcome (Rev 2:17); but who is there that seeks after it? The scripture and the words of Jesus tell us to FIRST seek after the Kingdom of God and His Righteousness (Matt 6:33), yet who is there that seeks after it? Oddly, I find that it seems to be that more people are interested in learning about some Antichrist or Man of Sin than they are about the righteousness of Christ. Rather than learning about and making known the Kingdom of God, they tell us all about sin, or the kingdoms of this world, the kingdom the Beast, and declare its evil intent. Others pour over and debate the words of the law and the meaning of words, but then wouldn’t that also make them as one who judges the law (James 4:11)?

It is written to those who overcome, they shall be given to eat of the hidden manna. Again, it is to those who overcome. Yet when debates over baptism, judgement, repentance and the resurrection of the dead preside, can it be said those who continue in such things have overcome when Pauls calls these things first principles that we must move beyond and leave behind (Heb 6:1-2)? If those people are content sticking with these first principles, then they are not yet ready for the hidden manna, and I must reconcile my frustrations in this regard.

I am reminded that it pleased the Lord in the vanity of preaching to those who already believe (1Cor 1:21). Many love to point out the passage that says all scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine and instruction (2Tim 3:16). But have they actually heard the words of the book? It is written that God says of His people that they are stupid and foolish, they are wise to do evil, but to do good they have no knowledge (Jer 4:22).

Yet it was to His people that were given the promises, the commandments and the scrolls; the gospels and the epistles. It was to His people that were given the words of the book. But why were His people given the words of the book and the words of the scroll in the first place? Was it not because they backed away from the presence of the Lord and chose to follow a man (Moses) instead?

Paul says of these people that they have a zealousness for God, but not according to knowledge (Rom 10:1), just as the prophet Jeremiah said, to do good they have no knowledge. Paul continues by stating that they are ignorant of God’s Righteousness. They have not know Me (Isa 45:4; Jer 4:22; John 8:19: John 14:7). Which brings us back to the morning dew and the hidden manna. Give ear Oh ye heavens, and I shall speak…. My speech shall distill as the dew…. Because I will publish the name of the Lord.

Jeremiah 24:7
And I will give them an heart to know me, that I am the Lord: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God: for they shall return unto me with their whole heart.

John 17:25-26
O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee: but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me. And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.

Revelation 15:2-4
And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God. And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvellous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints. Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name? for thou only art holy: for all nations shall come and worship before thee; for thy judgments are made manifest.

Deuteronomy 32:1-4
Give ear, O ye heavens, and I will speak;
and hear, O earth, the words of my mouth.
My doctrine shall drop as the rain,
my speech shall distil as the dew,
as the small rain upon the tender herb,
and as the showers upon the grass:
Because I will publish the name of the Lord:
ascribe ye greatness unto our God.
He is the Rock, his work is perfect:
for all his ways are judgment:
a God of truth and without iniquity,
just and right is he.

Revelation 14:1-3
And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads. And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps: And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.

Revelation 2:17
He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

The hidden manna is not gathered as did the children of Israel as they wandered in the wilderness. The manna was given to them because of their unbelief and lack of faith, for in asking for the bread they tempted to Lord. But the hidden manna is received by and through faith. While the children of Israel labored six days gathering their manna to feast upon, this is not so for those who receive the hidden manna. For the hidden manna cometh as the morning dew.

The morning dew does not fall as rain from the cloud above, but slowly condenses upon the surface until droplets begin to form. When enough droplets have formed and its cup begins to run over, then may the ground beneath receive its portion.

There are a few things to consider when it come to receiving the hidden manna and the morning dew:
The morning dew will only settle upon that which is at rest.
The morning dew will not gather upon that which is blown about in the wind.
The morning dew can not be found on that which sits beneath a covering.

Last edited:
I do not wish to cast my pearls before the swine because it feels to me like I am giving away something precious to those who do not deserve it, and this too has brought to me frustrations. But the Lord asked me to consider these frustrations, and in doing so he asked if I cast my pearls before the swine and the swine are obviously not interested in the pearls, then am I really giving to them anything they may or may not deserve? My answer was no. And yet again he asked if I do not cast my pearls before the swine so that they may trample it under foot, then how else should the prodigal son find his pearl of great price?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back