Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Higgs Boson

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Has anyone else been following this? I'm quite impressed with the work that CERN has done, and it turns out it's yet more evidence for a Creator. Yet another fundamental particle that only works within an extraordinarily small range of values.

The more we understand, the more evidence we get for God.

I don't think that this supplies evidence for a Creator either which way. The particle is predicted to exist by the standard model, and the value of its mass within the predicted range.

The Higgs Bosun walks into a Roman Catholic church and the priest says 'sorry we dont want you here'.
The Higgs Bosun says 'well how are you going to have mass then'?

Gah, the admins won't let me join that board. Still, glad I'm not the only person interested in it, thanks :)
Have you followed the instructions given for the Science forum showing how to request access?

Seriously, isn't this Higgs thing about matter coming from nothing?

Flipping channels one day a couple of weeks ago, I saw an interview Stephen Colbert did with an author about how we now understand how something can come from nothing--just as our Bibles tell us happened.

The really pathetic part of the interview was the author suggested it wasn't an evidence for the existence of God, but made it so we don't need God. It's amazing how when you don't want to believe in God you tend to see what you want to see in the most obvious of evidences.

The Higgs doesn't at all suggest a Creator. Is just a theorized particle that gives out mass.

There is nothing to suggest that God is responsible.

I wish you guys would at least set up a link for other people to be curious.

For all those that do not know: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Higgs_boson

The Higgs doesn't at all suggest a Creator. Is just a theorized particle that gives out mass.

You're missing the point. The suggestion is the Bible is right about it, giving credence to the existence of who Christians say is the author of the Bible--God. The God so many unbelievers and atheists insist does not exist partly because of so many ridiculous and unscientific claims made in the Bible.

How is it that the people of God already knew that the material world really did come from nothing? Scientifically, how does that work? Well, now we're seeing how it's completely reasonable and possible, not just absurd, illogical, unscientific, man made Biblical claims.

This is just another example of how science confirms what the Bible has been declaring to be the truth for centuries. Something that, without science, is completely illogical and ridiculous and has to be taken on faith as being true.

I wish you guys would at least set up a link for other people to be curious.

For all those that do not know: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Higgs_boson

No, nothing to suggest directly God is responsible (and I REALLY wish they'd stop calling it the "God particle").

However, if correct it does greatly strengthen the "rare universe" argument that too many fundamental forces are fine-tuned to exactly the right values to allow life (or even matter and energy).

In what way was the Bible right about the Higgs Boson? Where in that book does it say that all the matter in the universe clumps together because of this super heavy particle that imbues mass.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back