Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Praise __] His Mercies are NEW every morning.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Adoration

If you are new to ChristianForums.net, you are jumping in midstream through our change, and we hope you'll stay and help us build a supportive community that teaches and learns from each other, showing patience and grace to one another. Every member and staff person has an obligation to the community to which the above verse calls for.

If you've been with us for a while, you've already seen some structural changes that we feel will lend to our vision. Certain forums have merged or been removed, and more changes are to come which are carefully purposed to de-emphasize debate and conflicts. These attributes will be replaced by encouragement, communal learning, growing, and loving as we are loved. When we speak to each other, it has to be with the primary purpose of building up rather than tearing down. As a result, starting April 24th, the Current Events and Politics forum will cease to exist and the Apologetic and Theology forum will be renamed to the Theology Forum, and the rules will be updated to reflect expectations in that forum in the stickies.

This might sound like something you want and need to be a part of, and we hope you'll remain a vital part of this picture. For others, it will not. We understand that if politics or debating is the primary reason you sought out a forum and found ours, it may be that you are led to find a better fit with another online community and we hope you find it.

That was then. This is now. As we go boldly in this new direction, we urge you to pray on this for His guidance. If you're with us, we're with you. Our prayer is that one day, ChristianForums.net will stand out among the online communities as uniquely different than any other, and you will be blessed by it. Most of all, may God be exalted!

Grace and peace to you, our brothers and sisters in Christ

Forgive me for posting the entire message above... It is the FIRST thing I read when I joined this site... and it is what made me decide that I desired to be a part of this community. These words EXCITE me and BLESS me... all at the same time for several reasons.

They are inviting.... they are welcoming... they are inclusive of all who are WHERE THEY ARE... with a guarantee that all will be accepted as is. This is not only beautiful and hopeful... but it is important... as well as absolutely HEALTHY for the spirit... mind and body.

I have been praying and will continue to pray as to HOW I might ADD to this community... If it was live and in person... my gift would be cooking for everyone... LOL... however... since that is not the case... I will have to get a bit more creative than that.

Come Autumn.... things will become a bit different... I have about 5 long months of cold weather... starting in about October and ending in April. I delight in the thought of having a place to keep me company over those long and cold months.

And so... I am in prayer... about my role here... as well as for the beautiful staff and members that are already here. I really do believe that a COMMUNITY of FAITH filled with UNITY is possible.... Unity does not mean having to believe the exact same everything... it simply means we are all included as FRUITFUL... and IMPORTANT pieces of the WHOLE.

When RESPECT is practiced and upheld... a beautiful fruit is born.

I am not talking about allowing wrong and dangerous teachings to take over... I have clearly been shown that staff is right on that... and things are dealt with quickly... I am simply talking about LOVING each other.... LEARNING from each other... HUMBLING ourselves to perhaps listen to others a bit more.

God bless this site.... the staff and the members... Let's make this place our own... and fill it with all kinds of beautiful things... such as compassion.... gentleness... encouragement... praise ... thanksgiving... worship and humour.

Tenderly.... Addy

Gosh... the above seems to make me out to be a goody-two-shoes.... I can assure you that is NOT my intention... I am simply excited about the prospect of an on-line community that actually makes a difference.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back