Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Hooked on Jesus

HIS

Hello Everyone,

I was actually mesmerized by conversation on "There Is Only One Baptism With the Holy Spirit By Jesus Christ" actually comingfrom interesting study of ("Who were the sons of God and daughters of men" in Genesis6:1-4?) and came upon this website actually tracking down Enow :wave . Which bringme here reading with excitement on different views and found a couple of myfavorites on this site?:chinCan I say I believe the Holy Ghost directed me here and not I? I lookforward to reading some interesting post and/or topics. I'm anticipating tohearing what God is saying to his sons and daughter at such a time as this!

May heaven shine with God's countenance upon you!

Hello Everyone,

I was actually mesmerized by conversation on "There Is Only One Baptism With the Holy Spirit By Jesus Christ" actually comingfrom interesting study of ("Who were the sons of God and daughters of men" in Genesis6:1-4?) and came upon this website actually tracking down Enow :wave . Which bringme here reading with excitement on different views and found a couple of myfavorites on this site?:chinCan I say I believe the Holy Ghost directed me here and not I? I lookforward to reading some interesting post and/or topics. I'm anticipating tohearing what God is saying to his sons and daughter at such a time as this!

May heaven shine with God's countenance upon you!

welcome,enjoy your stay

welcome,enjoy your stay
I'm new to the site as well. Your quote from Genesis interests me because I've been doing some extensive studying on the Nephilim. There seems to be some confusion about whether or not they existed after the Flood.

Anyhow, welcome from another noob.

The Sons of God and the Daughters of Men (Genesis 6:1-8) reply JasonCran

Let’s go back a couple of chapters actually with chapter 3-5
We remember after the fall into sin, when God's response to Adam and Eve's sin (both guilty) - the promise spoken in Genesis 3:15 that he will put enmity, (or division) between the seed (another interesting study “seed of the women†one can identify seedbelonging to men) of the woman and the seed of the serpent. At the beginning ofthis story the bible gives an account of division and its graphic, and a horrible example of this division and the violence of wickedness - the wicked Cain kills his righteous brother Abel, and the world is divided into two campone who serve the Lord (Abel), and the other camp of those who will serve onlythemselves, those who refuse to submit to God (Cain) At the end of Genesis 4, the bible speaks of the beginnings ofthe family of Cain. God made Cain a fugitive and a wanderer on the earth afterhe killed his brother Abel. But Cain had once again disobeyed God; he had builta city, and built a culture – an unbelieving, wicked culture. The seven son inhis line was Lamech, who became the father of Jabal, Jubal and Tubal-Cain.Lamech was a vicious, violent man, a man who bragged about his violence, aboutthe revenge that he would take on people who insulted him or hurt him. His sonswere skillful, talented men; they were innovators in agriculture, the arts, andthe development of tools and industry. It’s amazing how much talent they hadbut they did it all for their own glory and not for the glory of God. Their energies were spent on building the City of Man, instead of the city of God(Augustine quoted). Chapter 5 when you read speaks of the development of the godlyline of Seth. These were the people who called on the name of the Lord – theygathered together to worship our Lord and they served Him. They increased andmultiplied, and they lived and worked to the glory of God (hummm do we do) theseventh son in the line of Seth was Enoch, (juicy this can be another study–“sevenâ€) parallel to Lamech, the seventh in the line of Cain. He was themirror image of Lamech , the exact opposite; Enoch was righteous man and aprophet, who walked with God (Enoch ~mysterious of God) I agree that Chapter 4-5 is a prelude to what we see occurringin Genesis 6. We see that humanity was being divided into two groups - on theone side were those who were building the city of man, (daughters of Men) (andon the other side were those who were building the city of God (Sons of God).On the one side was the seed of the woman; on the opposite side was the seed ofthe serpent. The seed of the woman, the righteous, God-fearing descendants ofAdam, would bring forth the Savior, who would crush the head of that serpent,the devil. In essence, I believe this view: Bible Org; excellent Study By: BobDeffinbaughThe Merging of the Ungodly Cainite with the Godly Sethites
The ‘sons of God’ are generally saidby those who hold this view to be the godly men of the Sethite line.The‘daughters of men’ are thought to be the daughters of the ungodly Cainite.The Nephilim are the ungodly and violent men who are the product of this unholyunion. Let me know your thoughts Sir.

Back