Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Hope for America: New Contract with America

Do you agree with the eight points of the New Contract with America?

• Total voters

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Those days are gone.....long gone. What more does the gay community want now that they are accepted and not discriminated against anymore? Revenge?
I think gay activist needs to be separated from average gay citizen. Not all gay citizens have the activist mindset. They just want to lead a normal life like the rest of us.

Just like not all Christians want to engage in a war with the gay community. Sure we need to stand up against the promotion of homosexuality in schools. But we need to stay decent. Not dismiss and vilify .

You aren't a person?

You are confused then.

Yes, I am 'a' person. Singular. Thus when you address 'a' person as a pronoun you use the correct word. They is plural. He is singular.

Your use of words in the post we are considering doesn't say what you are wanting it to say.

Not confused at all. Trying to correct what you said. If it doesn't matter to you, then forget it.

Quantrill

Please drop the meaningless back and forth derogatory comments.

Please.

Get back to discussing the 8 topics in the OP.

Thanks JLB

What do you mean by teaching "real" American history?

Does the People's History of the United States by Howard Zinn count?

Do agree with any of the 8 points as being good for America?

JLB

Why is gay such a big topic anyhow when its about peoples personal lives. I mean most the time i wouldnt even know if someone is gay anyhow. Why do many talk about other peoples personal lives. The LGBT seem to boast about how proud they are being gay while straight people seem to be intesterested in talking about gays Why?. Why cant everyone jus get on with there daily lives and leave everyone elses personal lives alone.

Why is gay such a big topic anyhow when its about peoples personal lives. I mean most the time i wouldnt even know if someone is gay anyhow. Why do many talk about other peoples personal lives. The LGBT seem to boast about how proud they are being gay while straight people seem to be intesterested in talking about gays Why?. Why cant everyone jus get on with there daily lives and leave everyone elses personal business alone.
I will try is all I can say.

Why is gay such a big topic anyhow when its about peoples personal lives. I mean most the time i wouldnt even know if someone is gay anyhow. Why do many talk about other peoples personal lives. The LGBT seem to boast about how proud they are being gay while straight people seem to be intesterested in talking about gays Why?. Why cant everyone jus get on with there daily lives and leave everyone elses personal lives alone.
When our personal lives affect our neighbor and society as a whole we run into problems. Our personal rights only extend as far as the well being of your neighbor.

I don't think you understand that celebrating a historical event isn't demanding anything of you. This is like the British getting mad at 4th of July parades. What do the Americans want now? The revolution was 230+ years ago.
Don't ever forget where you came from. The Marxists know this truth, and that's why they scrub a nation's history when they want to take it over.

I think gay activist needs to be separated from average gay citizen. Not all gay citizens have the activist mindset. They just want to lead a normal life like the rest of us.
I don't know. I don't have any stats. I just know it's becoming a problem. It reminds me how the men of Sodom and Gomorrah treated Lot.

When our personal lives affect our neighbor and society as a whole we run into problems. Our personal rights only extend as far as the well being of your neighbor.

And most gays dont interfere with straight peoples lives and most straight people dont interfere in gay peoples lives. I had a gay neighbour once he was a nice guy and very respectful and respectrs my privacy as he lived in the flat beside, he even cooked me dinner on the first night to welcome me, and no he wasnt trying anything he had a boyfriend he was just being friendly. No other neighbour has offered me dinner to welcome me in the neighbourhood and say hi.

As i have always said i dont believe in the practice of gay but i can still live in peace with gays. Its only a personal preference of who they find attractive why is that my buisiness.

I dont understand why its such a big topic in this world. The media could talk about more interesting things like UFOs rather than someone is a racist or someone is gay.

Last edited:
Do agree with any of the 8 points as being good for America?

JLB

Short answer is no.

But really, what use to you is a "new contract with America" when you can't even a decide whom you will call a BROTHER?

Milk-Drops may say he is not a Christian, but that does not mean we shouldn't treat him as a brother. I sure hope you clarify yourself, it seems as though someone here thinks you shouldn't call him or treat him as a brother, and it seems like you're being evasive. Do you consider Milk-Drops a brother?

But really, what use to you is a "new contract with America" when you can't even a decide whom you will call a BROTHER?

I referred to him as a brother.

I later found out he has decided not to call himself a Christian, so I apologized.

@Milk-Drops may say he is not a Christian, but that does not mean we shouldn't treat him as a brother. I sure hope you clarify yourself, it seems as though someone here thinks you shouldn't call him or treat him as a brother, and it seems like you're being evasive. Do you consider @Milk-Drops a brother?

Have you read my post to him about this?

JLB

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back