Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

How are things in God's Kingdom that don't belong?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Matthew 13:41
The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;

Hey All,
Perhaps these people are shown that the kingdom of God is real.

Matthew 13:40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.

Just a thought.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

Hey All,

Matthew 13:40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.

Just a thought.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz
Let me try to be a little more specific

If we are translated into His kingdom under his rule
Why is there sin also in His kingdom

How did it get there,

How can sin be in His kingdom

Hey All,

Just a thought.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz
Have believers been translated into the kingdom of God?
If so then why is evil still there?

Let me try to be a little more specific

If we are translated into His kingdom under his rule
Why is there sin also in His kingdom

How did it get there,

How can sin be in His kingdom
Rebellion,

God spared not the angels that sinned, 2Pet.2:4

For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee. Rom.11:21

Have believers been translated into the kingdom of God?
If so then why is evil still there?
The kingdom of God has started at Jesus first coming, The incarnation.
The Lord Jesus rules from the heavenly Zion and Jerusalem Hebrews 12:22-29.
As Psalm 110 indicates He rules in the midst of His enemies. These are those who will be removed.1cor15:24-25

As Psalm 110 indicates He rules in the midst of His enemies. These are those who will be removed.1cor15:24-25
This is known as Postmillenial teaching.

Im still confused

Why am I confused
Because I thought the kingdom was peace and Joy in the Holy ghost.

If so then how are these things allowed

Rebellion,

God spared not the angels that sinned, 2Pet.2:4

For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee. Rom.11:21
Good answer, but if the kingdom is peace and joy in the Holyghost, I just figured if you did not have those you were no longer in the kingdom.

Im still confused

Why am I confused
Because I thought the kingdom was peace and Joy in the Holy ghost.

If so then how are these things allowed
God's Kingdom rule is primarily seen in His people ; here are two sections in Romans teaching a little on this:
Rom14:16 Let not then your good be evil spoken of:

17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink;
but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

18 For he that in these things serveth Christ is acceptable to God, and approved of men.

Rom15:11 And again, Praise the Lord, all ye Gentiles; and laud him, all ye people.

12 And again, Esaias saith, There shall be a root of Jesse, and he that shall rise to reign over the Gentiles; in him shall the Gentiles trust.

Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

14 And I myself also am persuaded of you, my brethren, that ye also are full of goodness, filled with all knowledge, able also to admonish one another.

15 Nevertheless, brethren, I have written the more boldly unto you in some sort, as putting you in mind, because of the grace that is given to me of God,

16 That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles might be acceptable, being sanctified by the Holy Ghost.

Notice, it is within us, or in our midst: The Spiritual nature of the rule starts with believers in the midst of the enemies of God. It started in the middle east, among the Jews, but is now going worldwide Mt.28:18-20. It started in this way, as Jesus taught:
Lk17:

20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:

21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

22 And he said unto the disciples, The days will come, when ye shall desire to see one of the days of the Son of man, and ye shall not see it.

23 And they shall say to you, See here; or, see there: go not after them, nor follow them.

24 For as the lightning, that lighteneth out of the one part under heaven, shineth unto the other part under heaven; so shall also the Son of man be in his day.

25 But first must he suffer many things, and be rejected of this generation.

All the passages speak about our serving God in the Kingdom,here and now.
Read the parable of the mustard seed
mt.13:

27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?

28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?

29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.

30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

31 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field:

32 Which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof.

God's Kingdom rule is primarily seen in His people ; here are two sections in Romans teaching a little on this:
Rom14:16 Let not then your good be evil spoken of:

17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink;
but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

18 For he that in these things serveth Christ is acceptable to God, and approved of men.

Rom15:11 And again, Praise the Lord, all ye Gentiles; and laud him, all ye people.

12 And again, Esaias saith, There shall be a root of Jesse, and he that shall rise to reign over the Gentiles; in him shall the Gentiles trust.

Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

14 And I myself also am persuaded of you, my brethren, that ye also are full of goodness, filled with all knowledge, able also to admonish one another.

15 Nevertheless, brethren, I have written the more boldly unto you in some sort, as putting you in mind, because of the grace that is given to me of God,

16 That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles might be acceptable, being sanctified by the Holy Ghost.

Notice, it is within us, or in our midst: The Spiritual nature of the rule starts with believers in the midst of the enemies of God. It started in the middle east, among the Jews, but is now going worldwide Mt.28:18-20. It started in this way, as Jesus taught:
Lk17:

20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:

21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

22 And he said unto the disciples, The days will come, when ye shall desire to see one of the days of the Son of man, and ye shall not see it.

23 And they shall say to you, See here; or, see there: go not after them, nor follow them.

24 For as the lightning, that lighteneth out of the one part under heaven, shineth unto the other part under heaven; so shall also the Son of man be in his day.

25 But first must he suffer many things, and be rejected of this generation.
That's a lot so tell me your thoughts?

All the passages speak about our serving God in the Kingdom,here and now.
Read the parable of the mustard seed
mt.13:

27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?

28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?

29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.

30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

31 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field:

32 Which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof.
Something came to me but I lost it.lol

Instead of waiting to be "raptured out of here, and escape a future "antiChrist", great tribulation,etc,[which have already happened before 70ad, instead we serve God here and now doing what Jesus taught;
12 He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return.

13 And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come.

14 But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying, We will not have this man to reign over us.

15 And it came to pass, that when he was returned, having received the kingdom, then he commanded these servants to be called unto him,

I 🤔 relationship is true kingdom what it shall be
At the same time the world is in the kingdom, but not all who are in the kingdom are of the kingdom?

That's a lot so tell me your thoughts?
I was taught the dispensational premill version of eschtology first, drifted into Amill, but now have been moved by study to the postmill position as biblical.
1] learn each system

2] take time with the verses, think through the implications
3] re-read isa.40-66, pay attention to the gentiles flooding in isa.54-66
4] Keep serving God here and now.

5] No matter which end time calendar you hold to, there are lost sinners who need to know the blood of the cross is the only covering for sin

I 🤔 relationship is true kingdom what it shall be
At the same time the world is in the kingdom, but not all who are in the kingdom are of the kingdom?
Yes..... see luke 19, the citizens said we will not have this man to reign over us! Jesus tells us occupy till I come.
These rebel sinners need new birth, to be born again, this is why we are still here!
We proclaim the truth to them , God has His elect people, and in time the Spirit will draw each and everyone of them to King Jesus.

Another words its when you do what is of the kingdom that you are under the kingdom rule ? What you think?
The rule exists if we obey, or do not obey. When God draws each of the elect in, they soon learn we are called to be saints, called to obedience of faith.The opening of each of the epistles speaks of our faithful service.
It gets exciting when you see it all over the place;
1 Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,

2 (Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,)

3 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;

4 And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

5 By whom we have received grace and apostleship,
for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name:

6 Among whom are ye also the called of Jesus Christ:

24 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery,
which was kept secret since the world began,

26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back