Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

How are things in God's Kingdom that don't belong?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
It would help us greatly if you could give us book chapter and verse for what you post. TY
Mark 1:14-15

Now after John was put in prison, Jesus came to Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, and saying, “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand. Repent, and believe in the gospel.”

Matthew 13:41
The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;

A basic, simple explanation is found in Matt 13:38-43 where Jesus explains the " parable " he told in Matt13:24-30.

Context of any passage you don't understand is important, taking verses out of context is how sects and hersey started.
Having access to a commentary also helps as one can read what wiser Christians have thought.

Mark 1:14-15

Now after John was put in prison, Jesus came to Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, and saying, “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand. Repent, and believe in the gospel.”
Jesus came to John to be baptized after Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordon river as His ministry did not start here on earth until He received all power and authority from God when the heavens were opened and the Spirit of God, like a dove, lighted upon Him. Then He went through all the temptations of Satan that lasted forty days and forty nights of Jesus fasting in the Judaean desert. After His fasting ended angels came to minister to Him.

After Jesus heard that John was cast into prison he departed into Galilee and leaving Nazareth, he came and dwelt in Capernaum, which is upon the sea coast, in the borders of Zabulon and Nephthalim that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet saying,
the land of Zabulon, and the land of Nephthalim, by the way of the sea, beyond Jordan, Galilee of the Gentiles the people which sat in darkness saw great light; and to them which sat in the region and shadow of death light is sprung up. From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand, Matthew 4:12-17.

Mat 3:13 Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him.
Mat 3:14 But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me?
Mat 3:15 And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him.
Mat 3:16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
Mat 3:17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

A basic, simple explanation is found in Matt 13:38-43 where Jesus explains the " parable " he told in Matt13:24-30.

Context of any passage you don't understand is important, taking verses out of context is how sects and hersey started.
Having access to a commentary also helps as one can read what wiser Christians have thought.
? We actually already came to an answer of my question.
Not sure what you are trying to say.
Have I taken something out of context I don't know about?
I think Brother Willard is much wiser than I. Plus Seminary teacher, Philosopher and one known to have experienced God.

Besides for His books Divine Conspiracy, Hearing from God, Spirit of the Disciplines and the Great Ommission. I also want to read from Howard Thurman can't wait to inhale his books. They call him a mystic.. But I figure we all should be if that means experiences with God.

I follow no man unless I know they have been anointed to teach the word of
That's how it should be. And rather anointed or not I try to stay away from people who cause stress and drama... I like my peace :)
God. I really do not care to look up who this guy is.
Did I asked you to? and everything that comes in our heads don't need to come out our mouths. It can sound negative. For people do not care how much we know until they know how much we care.

That's how it should be. And rather anointed or not I try to stay away from people who cause stress and drama... I like my peace :)

Did I asked you to? and everything that comes in our heads don't need to come out our mouths. It can sound negative. For people do not care how much we know until they know how much we care.
If you feel I am causing stress and drama, I apologize as that is never my intent and will just walk away from our conversation. You have a good day.

Im still confused

Why am I confused
Because I thought the kingdom was peace and Joy in the Holy ghost.

If so then how are these things allowed
There will be children born during the 1000 years , and they have to come to Christ of their own volition .
They do not get a pass, being the children of the saved.
Some will choose Christ , some will reject Him just as it has always been .

There will be children born during the 1000 years , and they have to come to Christ of their own volition .
They do not get a pass, being the children of the saved.
Some will choose Christ , some will reject Him just as it has always been .
Right

In fact from Moses to John the Baptist the law was taught. After that the Kingdom was taught.
The Old Testament saints (In Abraham’s bosom) heard the gospel from Jesus, in the prison of the grave.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Right

In fact from Moses to John the Baptist the law was taught. After that the Kingdom was taught.
The Old Testament saints (In Abraham’s bosom) heard the gospel from Jesus, in the prison of the grave.

Mississippi redneck
eddif
No, they did not.

Matthew 13:41
The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
The "Kingdom of God" includes Christendom within which is the "true Church". Hence the Kingdom is already here, and many TARES have been sown among the WHEAT. We see this use of the "kingdom of God" in various parables to describe the state of Christendom before the coming of Christ:

18 Then He said, "What is the kingdom of God like? And to what shall I compare it?
19 "It is like a mustard seed, which a man took and put in his garden; and it grew and became a large tree, and the birds of the air nested in its branches."
20 And again He said, "To what shall I liken the kingdom of God?
21 "It is like leaven, which a woman took and hid in three measures of meal till it was all leavened."
(Lk. 13:18-21 NKJ)

"Birds" symbolize demons (Rev. 18:2 "every unclean and hated bird"); "leaven" symbolizes sin (Mt. 16:6 "beware of the leaven of the Pharisees") The woman mixing in leaven is the great harlot Babylon, paganism beginning from the Tower of Babylon (Babel).

The wicked gathered by angels at the time of Christ's coming, and cast into the fire are the TARES in Christendom who converted to the antichrist Beast as he morphed from being the "Man of Sin" [False Christ] into the "Son of Perdition" [Antichrist] or seed of Satan.

36 Then Jesus sent the multitude away and went into the house. And His disciples came to Him, saying, "Explain to us the parable of the tares of the field."
37 He answered and said to them: "He who sows the good seed is the Son of Man.
38 "The field is the world, the good seeds are the sons of the kingdom, but the tares are the sons of the wicked one.
39 "The enemy who sowed them is the devil, the harvest is the end of the age, and the reapers are the angels.
40 "Therefore as the tares are gathered and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of this age.
41 "The Son of Man will send out His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and those who practice lawlessness,
42 "and will cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
(Matt. 13:36-42 NKJ)

As verse 38 implies, the sons of the kingdom are the Wheat in Christendom, while the sons of the wicked one are the TARES who practice lawlessness:

18 "A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit.
19 "Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.
20 "Therefore by their fruits you will know them.
21 "Not everyone who says to Me,`Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.
22 "Many will say to Me in that day,`Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?'
23 "And then I will declare to them,`I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!' (Matt. 7:18-23 NKJ)

Many who apostatized and followed the antichrist will say "in that day" of Christ's advent, they once served Him.

But He will deny He ever knew them because they disobeyed Scripture manifesting the "bad fruit" of a bad tree.

John the apostle called this time the "last hour" and likened what happened in his church to the end time apostasy:

18 Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour.
19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us; but they went out that they might be made manifest, that none of them were of us.
20 But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and you know all things.
21 I have not written to you because you do not know the truth, but because you know it, and that no lie is of the truth.
22 Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son.
23 Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father either; he who acknowledges the Son has the Father also. (1 Jn. 2:18-23 NKJ)

They were without the Law of God, Lawless. So they are cast into the fire:

17 For the time has come for judgment to begin at the house of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God?
18 Now "If the righteous one is scarcely saved, Where will the ungodly and the sinner appear?"
(1 Pet. 4:17-18 NKJ)

Last edited:
Let me try to be a little more specific

If we are translated into His kingdom under his rule
Why is there sin also in His kingdom

How did it get there,

How can sin be in His kingdom

While the born-again person is freed from the penalty and power of sin, not until they move into eternity are they entirely free of the presence of sin also. And so, Christians are pressed on every side by the World, the Flesh and the devil with invitations to sin; not always in gross ways, like adultery, or murder, or theft, but in ways that are more subtle, philosophical ways, ways pertaining to values and life-goals, to relationship choices, to handling of money, to entertainment choices, etc.

Also, the Christian must contend with old sin-habits, only over time winning free of them and in this process of change developing new spiritual habits, forming new desires and understanding God's truth with ever-increasing, life-transforming depth. Though there is a spiritual metamorphosis that happens at conversion, there is no instantaneous change of their daily, mundane condition that happens for the person just converted. No, they must be altered progressively by the Holy Spirit; and as they are, sin will still crop up in their life, though growing more and more the exception rather than the rule over time. And so it is that the NT speaks of spiritual growth:

Ephesians 4:13-15
13 until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ,
14 so that we may no longer be children, tossed to and fro by the waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by human cunning, by craftiness in deceitful schemes.
15 Rather, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ,

1 Peter 2:2
2 like newborn babies, long for the pure milk of the word, so that by it you may grow...

2 Peter 3:18
18 But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.

1 Corinthians 3:6-7
6 I planted, Apollos watered, but God was causing the growth.
7 So then neither the one who plants nor the one who waters is anything, but God who causes the growth.

Colossians 2:19
19 ...holding fast to the head, from whom the entire body, being supplied and held together by the joints and ligaments, grows with a growth which is from God.

A new Christian may suffer in their spiritual growth, remaining mired in carnality and sin, because of bad teaching and the absence of biblical discipleship. They may be led into a sensual sort of faith, or a legalistic one, or into Christian belief that is doctrinally-heretical; they may be encouraged to take up a hyper-emotional and thoughtless faith, poisoned and diseased in their walk with God by false teachers. And so on. (Matthew 7:15; Mark 13:22; Acts 20:29; Jude; 2 Peter 2)

For these reasons (and others) sin may continue in a born-again person's life (and thus in God's kingdom). This is why in Scripture we read of believers who were carnal, fractious and selfish (1 Corinthians 3, 5, 6, 11; Revelation 2-3), migrating into legalism (Galatians 3:1-3), ignorant of their identity in Christ (Romans 6), and also many warnings, and exhortations and criticisms given to the Early Church (2 Corinthians 6:14-18; Ephesians 5:1-13; 2 Peter 2, Hebrews 5:12-14, etc.).

40 "Therefore as the tares are gathered and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of this age.
41 "The Son of Man will send out His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and those who practice lawlessness,
42 "and will cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth. (Matt. 13:40-42 NKJ)

The apostate church doesn't realize the jeopardy they are in, having heard the gospel they are now liable to do it. Consider what happened to Israel when it rejected Christ, 2,000 years of suffering. What do you think will happen to those who having tasted the powers of the age to come, then crucify Christ again by being lawless?

4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit,
5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come,
6 if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.
7 For the earth which drinks in the rain that often comes upon it, and bears herbs useful for those by whom it is cultivated, receives blessing from God;
8 but if it bears thorns and briars, it is rejected and near to being cursed, whose end is to be burned. (Heb. 6:4-8 NKJ)

The principle is clear, punishment is according to knowledge of the truth. Those who couldn't see the Divine clothed in human flesh [Son of Man] can be forgiven their blasphemy, but those who blaspheme the Holy Spirit who is fully revealed as Divine there is no forgiveness (Mt. 12:31-32).

Because all are judged according to what they heard, the gospel of Christ is like sending fire on the earth:

47 "And that servant who knew his master's will, and did not prepare himself or do according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.
48 "But he who did not know, yet committed things deserving of stripes, shall be beaten with few. For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required; and to whom much has been committed, of him they will ask the more.
49 "I came to send fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled! (Lk. 12:47-49 NKJ)

Christendom doesn't realize they are in a worse place than those who never heard the Gospel, who then can be forgiven much because of their ignorance. Once the gospel is preached, its incumbent upon all who hear to obey it:

14 "And whoever will not receive you nor hear your words, when you depart from that house or city, shake off the dust from your feet.
15 "Assuredly, I say to you, it will be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgment than for that city! (Matt. 10:14-15 NKJ)

Last edited:

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back