Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

How are things in God's Kingdom that don't belong?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
1 Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

3 But hath in due times manifested his word through preaching, which is committed unto me according to the commandment of God our Saviour;

4 To Titus, mine own son after the common faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour.

Do you see it???

On this forum and others, people seek to fight and resist God's election and predestination, but in doing so they are cutting of the believer from the root promises, and the very reason we are called;

2 Timothy 1

King James Version

1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, according to the promise of life which is in Christ Jesus,
2 To Timothy, my dearly beloved son: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord.
3 I thank God, whom I serve from my forefathers with pure conscience, that without ceasing I have remembrance of thee in my prayers night and day;
4 Greatly desiring to see thee, being mindful of thy tears, that I may be filled with joy;
5 When I call to remembrance the unfeigned faith that is in thee, which dwelt first in thy grandmother Lois, and thy mother Eunice; and I am persuaded that in thee also.
6 Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee by the putting on of my hands.
7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;
9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,
10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

11 Whereunto I am appointed a preacher, and an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles.
12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.
13 Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

1 Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

3 But hath in due times manifested his word through preaching, which is committed unto me according to the commandment of God our Saviour;

4 To Titus, mine own son after the common faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour.

Do you see it???
Explain as you would to 2nd grader

Explain as you would to 2nd grader
1]Man has sinned and broken God's law

2] God has planned to save a multitude of sinners.

3] God knowing man would sin, had planned for His Son to be the sacrifice for sin, even before He created the world.
Rev13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Heb.10 :4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.
5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:

4} The sinless Son of God would take on a body of flesh and blood like all those The Father had given to Him.

Heb.2:13 And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.
14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

15 And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.
16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.[The Elect}

5] In the fulness of time God sends forth His Son Gal4:4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,[as the perfect law keeper.]
5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

6] His lives a perfect and sinless life keeping all the law that we broke.
7] God is going to punish every single sin, In the Sinner, or a Substitute.
8] A Holy God to be just, must punish sin, all sin.
9] Only a perfect sacrifice can atone for sin. Atone means to cleanse, and cover sin.

10]The Kingdom> When Jesus rides into Jerusalem on the donkey, {the triumphal entry}
He is the King coming to Zion. Like KIng David took this stronghold, but better.
2sam5:4 David was thirty years old when he began to reign, and he reigned forty years.
7 Nevertheless David took the strong hold of Zion: the same is the city of David.

Earthly Zion and Jerusalem became the Holy place where the temple was.
Mt.Zion was where Abraham was to sacrifice His Son Gen.22:2 And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of.

11} Jesus goes to the cross to accomplish redemption despite most of the earthly people rejecting Him.
12]Jesus had prepared the Apostles so that after he ascends, they would preach the gospel of the Kingdom.
13] After Pentecost the Spirit quickens them and the New Covenant church is underway.
Joel 2 is being fulfilled 16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;
It goes to the Jews, Samaritans, then Gentiles

14] After Jesus ascends to Heaven we are told he is ruling now from the Heavenly Zion and Jerusalem, we as believers learn of it, and serve in that Kingdom now;
22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,

23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,

24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

25 See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven:

26 Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven.

27 And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.

28 Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:

29 For our God is a consuming fire.

It is a large study, but this is more what we should be looking at. let me know if I can clarify even more.

Hi I think I got the answer, at least part of it

But I still need scripture references to prove part.
We know Jesus after John, preach the Kingdom
We know He preached peace
Dallas Had said when the heavens open they never closed. Which brings me into another thought.
But for starts, I still must understand the meaning of translated.
We know the Kingdom of the heavens should also be the Kingdom of God.
Gods rule from heaven we are under, while the territorial aspect is not yet fulfilled
at least in my thoughts. For I still have to prove this with back up scriptures.

So we enter the Kingdom, as first, those who believe Jesus is the son of God with the intentions of following Him.
Jesus said, all Authority was given to Him.
We also say, In the "Name of Jesus", which shows whose Kingdom rule we Have authority by.

So to be in His Spiritual Kingdom one must come under His rule.
For I read of Willard saying that God's Kingdom is where what God wants done is done.
Yet the territorial Aspect has not been fulfilled as yet. Maybe that is why some say that it is here but not yet. We also can have access to power when we become the type of people that God can handle with His power to work works of or for the Kingdom;
To draw people in.

So in conclusion, when the territorial aspect has come..and possible something else Then the Kingdom of God is the Kingdom of Heaven. Which means that the whole earth is under God's Rule. My thoughts of course that need to be verified with scripture.

Dallas Had said when the heavens open they never closed. Which brings me into another thought.
Gods rule from heaven we are under, while the territorial aspect is not yet fulfilled
at least in my thoughts. For I still have to prove this with back up scriptures.

So we enter the Kingdom, as first, those who believe Jesus is the son of God with the intentions of following Him.
We also say, In the "Name of Jesus", which shows whose Kingdom rule we Have authority by.

For I read of Willard saying that God's Kingdom is where what God wants done is done.
Yet the territorial Aspect has not been fulfilled as yet. Maybe that is why some say that it is here but not yet. We also can have access to power when we become the type of people that God can handle with His power to work works of or for the Kingdom;
To draw people in.

So in conclusion, when the territorial aspect has come..and possible something else Then the Kingdom of God is the Kingdom of Heaven. Which means that the whole earth is under God's Rule. My thoughts of course that need to be verified with scripture.
Yes you are getting the main idea as written in the psalms 22;
27 All the ends of the world shall remember and turn unto the Lord: and all the kindreds of the nations shall worship before thee.

28 For the kingdom is the Lord's: and he is the governor among the nations.

29 All they that be fat upon earth shall eat and worship: all they that go down to the dust shall bow before him: and none can keep alive his own soul.

30 A seed shall serve him; it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation.

31 They shall come, and shall declare his righteousness unto a people that shall be born, that he hath done this.

psalm 72:8 He shall have dominion also from sea to sea, and from the river unto the ends of the earth.
11 Yea, all kings shall fall down before him: all nations shall serve him.
17 His name shall endure for ever: his name shall be continued as long as the sun: and men shall be blessed in him: all nations shall call him blessed.

18 Blessed be the Lord God, the God of Israel, who only doeth wondrous things.

19 And blessed be his glorious name for ever: and let the whole earth be filled with his glory; Amen, and Amen.

Luke 17:20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
Luke 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

1Cor 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

What should we do then to have the kingdom of God within us, Colossians 3:1-17 answers that question.

Col 3:1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
Col 3:2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
Col 3:3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
Col 3:4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.
Col 3:5 Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:
Col 3:6 For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:
Col 3:7 In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them.
Col 3:8 But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.
Col 3:9 Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;
Col 3:10 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:
Col 3:11 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.
Col 3:12 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;
Col 3:13 Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.
Col 3:14 And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.
Col 3:15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.
Col 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
Col 3:17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

Reprobates won't be in kingdom of God.
Romans chapter 9 . So the potter has power over the vessel.
9;22 . What if God, willing to shew His wrath, and make His power known, endured with much long suffering the vessels of wrath fitted for destruction.

Destruction means perdition.

Philippians chapter 1:28 . And in nothing terrified by your adversaries: which is to them an evident token of perdition, but to you of salvation and that of God.

Reprobates follow satan into lake of fire on judgement day. I won't soft peddle God's word.

Jeremiah 6:30 . Reprobate silver shall men call them, because the Lord rejected them.
Reprobates won't repent.
Hate Jesus
Hate the righteous
Despise God's laws.
We understand this.

Those who repent and love and serve God will enter kingdom of God.

Children of darkness have dead works.
Children of light have good works.

I'm not going to debate or strive pn this. I planted seeds and moved on.

Peace.

Luke 17:20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
Luke 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.
Tks
And would like to add another version says kingdom is in the midst

the kingdom, it is now available, in reach

Jesus brings the kingdom

1Cor 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
I'd like to add what DW said:
But Flesh, blood, and Spirit can

What should we do then to have the kingdom of God within us, Colossians 3:1-17 answers that question.

Col 3:1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
Col 3:2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
Col 3:3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
Col 3:4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.
Col 3:5 Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:
Col 3:6 For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:
Col 3:7 In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them.
Col 3:8 But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.
Col 3:9 Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;
Col 3:10 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:
Col 3:11 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.
Col 3:12 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;
Col 3:13 Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.
Col 3:14 And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.
Col 3:15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.
Col 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
Col 3:17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

They are in until taken out
41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;

42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

To draw people in.

Hey All,
Ya lost me at Dallas. I think I took a wrong turn at Albuquerque. I also would like the scripture reference.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

Hey All,
Ya lost me at Dallas. I think I took a wrong turn at Albuquerque. I also would like the scripture reference.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz
maybe I see a road sign or two.

Colossians 1:13 kjv
13. Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son

1 Corinthians 4:20 kjv
20. For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power.

Revelation 3:20 kjv
20. Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

1 Corinthians 12:14 kjv
14For the body is not one member, but many.

We are the temple of the holy Spirit

Ok:
Christ in us gives us singularity
Us in Christ gives corporate plurality

The Kingdom in a person
Us in the kingdom body of Christ

Kingdom is not just one thing.

What are the other roadsigns?

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Hey All,

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

Dallas Willard spoke about an open heaven that never closed. THE KINGDOM HAS ALWAYS EXISTED.

And when Jesus was baptized the heaven open and were never closed.

So the kingdom is now availabe to anyone who trust the King.

This is part of the Gospel. The availability of the Kingdom. Recall the passage, after John Jesus preached the Gospel of Kingdom?

And from scripture we find the the kingdom is not eating nor drinking but righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Ghost.

RECALL THE SCRIPTURE THAT : HIS WILL BE DONE ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN

So DW says in part- that the kingdom is where what God wants done is done.

Another words the kingdom is but not yet..

At some point the whole earth and everything on it will be subjected to Him.

Until i make your enemies a foot stool

Those are my thoughts hope that helped

So the Gospel sounds like this to me: The Kingdom is available to enter now For anyone who trust the King. In Him you will find everything you need for life including forgiveness of sin.

13. Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son

20. Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Ok:

The Kingdom in a person

Mississippi redneck
eddif
Funny

Ok:

The Kingdom in a person

Mississippi redneck
eddif
I like the version that says the kingdom is in the midst. FOR, Jesus was in their midst at the time.

Dallas Willard spoke about an open heaven that never closed. THE KINGDOM HAS ALWAYS EXISTED.

And when Jesus was baptized the heaven open and were never closed.

So the kingdom is now availabe to anyone who trust the King.

This is part of the Gospel. The availability of the Kingdom. Recall the passage, after John Jesus preached the Gospel of Kingdom?

And from scripture we find the the kingdom is not eating nor drinking but righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Ghost.

RECALL THE SCRIPTURE THAT : HIS WILL BE DONE ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN

So DW says in part- that the kingdom is where what God wants done is done.

Another words the kingdom is but not yet..

At some point the whole earth and everything on it will be subjected to Him.

Until i make your enemies a foot stool

Those are my thoughts hope that helped

So the Gospel sounds like this to me: The Kingdom is available to enter now For anyone who trust the King. In Him you will find everything you need for life including forgiveness of sin.
It would help us greatly if you could give us book chapter and verse for what you post. TY

Kingdom of God here on earth

God will not always be in the third heaven as when all things are finished here on earth after the return of Christ God will make new again this present heaven and earth then He will usher down the New Jerusalem (Spiritual Kingdom of God). God will then be with us as the tabernacle of God is with men and He will dwell with us and we with Him forever. For now the kingdom of God is within us as we are made kings and priest of God as we reign with Christ here on earth until the seventh trumpet sounds and then the nations (kingdoms) of this world become the nations (kingdoms) of God and of Christ and He will be our God and we His people forever.

The tabernacle of God within the New Jerusalem is not that which is made by hand as neither is the New Jerusalem. When we are given spiritual bodies (glorified bodies) then we will see all things of God that are spiritual for in our mortal bodies we can not even perceive what the New Jerusalem will look like just as we can not even know what Christ looks like, but know we will be just like Him in our glorified bodies.

Third Heaven - This is where God, Jesus and the holy angels dwell plus the very breath of just men dwell as when we die it is that breath that returns back to God. It is called The heaven of heavens, (Deuteronomy 10:14; 1 Kings 8:27; Psalms 115:16; 148:4). (1Kings 8:27) The heavens, even the highest heaven, cannot contain you. The third heaven is beyond the space and stars. Where no man has seen by telescope. This heaven is the dwelling-place of God (John 3:13).

Daniel 7:27 And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.

Luke 17:20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: 21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Rev 3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth. 11 Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown. 12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name. 13 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Rev 5:10 10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth. (We are the Spiritual Kingdom of God on earth)

Rev 11: 15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever. (We are that Spiritual kingdom of God while here on earth as we reign with Him over the nations)

Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. 2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back