Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

How are you preparing for Christmas?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Ground hog day out?
Easter is only for heathens and Atheists?

Christmas is only for the wealthy and those not over extended on their credit cards?

And I shudder to think about those that celebrate Halloween or All Saints Day.

Boxing Day/St Stephan's day is only used to engraciate us to the tyrant bosses we work for.

St Valentines Day is all about fornication and adultery.

St Patrick's Day is all about drunken revelry and debauchery.

Memorial Day is all about BBQ

So is there any Christian holidays?

Or are some people just into trying to steal others joy because they don't have any?

Im going fishing. Thats what i do for a month every christmas. Its sacred tradition, a holy month dedicated to fishing. Its a reminder of biblical teachings of becoming fishers of men. Its a valid excuse i tell you.

Im going fishing. Thats what i do for a month every christmas. Its sacred tradition, a holy month dedicated to fishing. Its a reminder of biblical teachings of becoming fishers of men. Its a valid excuse i tell you.
Literally?

I think everyone here must have missed Christmas, it is today!
Does anyone know when it really is?
I have studied this, thus, maybe, might know.
In Luke 1:5 Zacharias was doing his course, the course of Abia.
This was the 8th of priestly courses of administration in the Temple.
1Chron.24:10
One of the courses was from 12-18 Sivan=June 13-19
Thus the conception, of John the Baptist on about the 23rd of Sivan, June 24

Now Mary and Elizabeth were cousins, in Luke 1: 36, Elizabeth was in her 6th month, When Mary came with her good news of her conception of Christ.
This would be 1st Tebeth, which is Dec.25th, the conception of our Lord.
Thus the 15th Tisri, which is Sept.29, 9 months later, the nativity.
The Lord was thus born on the first day of the Feast of Tabernacles, Sept.29, modern reckoning.
Circumcision of the Lord took place on the 8th day, the last day of the Feast.

As why not Dec.25th not being the nativity,
Mary would not have traveled 70 miles, through a hill district, in the depth of winter.
Shepherds and their flocks would not be found "abiding" in the open fields. No pasturage at that time. It was the custom then as now, to withdraw the flocks in Oct.-Nov.
The Roman authorities in imposing such a census taking, for the hated and unpopular foreign tax would not be enforced at an inconvenient and inclement season of the year.
In such case they would choose the line of least resistance, least friction, and least interference with the habits and pursuits of the Jewish people.
This would be in Autumn, the harvest completed, and them taking opportunity of going up to Jerusalem for the Feast of Tabernacles.

Merry Christmas!:rocking

Interesting. It makes sense that Jesus was born on one of the commanded OT observances, since the law was designed specifically to bring people to Christ.

Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. Galatians 3:24 KJV

Interesting. It makes sense that Jesus was born on one of the commanded OT observances, since the law was designed specifically to bring people to Christ.

Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. Galatians 3:24 KJV
:amen

I still celebrate it, Dec.25th though, He dwelt among us.

There's always at least one in every crowd.

People forget that Israel doesn't get snow (except for Mt Herman) and that it has two seasons of hot and less hot and wet.

They start every year in their spring (less hot and wet season) which is called Yom Kippur. Spring time (AKA Easter/First Fruits) is the very beginning of their harvest season.

As Joseph was a Tekon or construction worker (usually working with rock) there is a general slowdown for rainy seasons. He would been out of work and ready to work fields or anything else.

So I am going to hold to the traditional day. And the shepherds? In Judea there is only one season to put sheep from Jerusalem to pasture...the rainy season... When there is grass.

There's always at least one in every crowd.

People forget that Israel doesn't get snow (except for Mt Herman) and that it has two seasons of hot and less hot and wet.

They start every year in their spring (less hot and wet season) which is called Yom Kippur. Spring time (AKA Easter/First Fruits) is the very beginning of their harvest season.

As Joseph was a Tekon or construction worker (usually working with rock) there is a general slowdown for rainy seasons. He would been out of work and ready to work fields or anything else.

So I am going to hold to the traditional day. And the shepherds? In Judea there is only one season to put sheep from Jerusalem to pasture...the rainy season... When there is grass.
Yes, they crucified one.
North of the Equator.

Even IF I' m wrong, which I believe not,
The course of Abia happened as stated in the Word.
Elizabeth 6 months pregnant, which means Dec.25th when Mary came to her, and John lept in the womb.
9 months later, Sept.29.

edited reba

Good day

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty sure all this "Christmas" stuff offends Muslims.

Knock it off, you twirps. :)

But how else am I going to get killed by an angry mob of Atheists and Muslims?

But if an Atheist celebrates Christmas isn't he a hypocrite?
And if he doesn't celebrate is he a scrooge?
What do American Muslims celebrate when we celebrate Christmas... You know their children will feel left out when they go to school and the other kids all show off their new toys and etc.

I still celebrate it, Dec.25th though, He dwelt among us.

Cook a birthday cake and have all sing, "happy birthday" to Jesus.

This is actually more "spiritual" and "seasonal" and "worshipful", then giving gifts that everyone pretends to like and then will take to the store 2 days later and get their cash.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back