Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How Can The U.S.A. Reduse Mass Shootings?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Are you really saying that the only thing that American Indians understand is fighting? I happen to live in an area that is heavily populated by Native Americans. They are, by and large, wonderful, caring people, the exact opposite of your opinion of them.

As far as conquered people go, they should be regarded as models for subjugated people's behavior. BTW, Secretary Deb Haaland, a Laguna Pueblo tribal member, is a great Secretary of the Interior.

No, of course I didn't mean all the Indians understand is fighting. All the Government understands is fighting and war. All of the Indian people that I've ever met I thought were very cool people.

he meant like the trail of tears ,a play called upon these mountains is held in Cherokee ,nc its the reeanactment of the Cherokee account .
the Seminole nation has its own oral history of its treatment .

parties not part of land deals made with the crown or spain or France . these did resist ,who wouldn't ?sometimes they moved into the agreed area and were lied to and forced out .

to quote the outlaw josey wales to the Indian ,its the govt that has lied ,killed our men .I choose not to kill you but if you want a fight ,I,will .

he meant like the trail of tears ,a play called upon these mountains is held in Cherokee ,nc its the reeanactment of the Cherokee account .
the Seminole nation has its own oral history of its treatment .

parties not part of land deals made with the crown or spain or France . these did resist ,who wouldn't ?sometimes they moved into the agreed area and were lied to and forced out .

to quote the outlaw josey wales to the Indian ,its the govt that has lied ,killed our men .I choose not to kill you but if you want a fight ,I,will .

There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death.../

People use guns to kill other people (and sometimes themselves).
People slaughtered one another before the gun was invented.

Guns are not nor have they ever been the problem.
The problem is the heart.

In the 9th century in China gunpowder was invented. A century later the first gun was invented. The bamboo fire lance. Though of course this history is sometimes in dispute.

The point being, and we haven't to read just our Bible, people kill each other. And did so long before Richard Gatling was born.

Now, all these centuries later we're more evolved in manner and technique by which we may dispatch one another.

The problem has never been the weapons, since our race became civilized. The problem is always us.

And as long as we avoid that factor in our malevolent behaviors toward one another we will continue to kill ourselves. Be it knives, cars, explosives, poisons, clubs, guns, environmental toxins, toxic manufactured foods and drinks, or our bare hands.

We think we've changed from when we lived in caves and draped our nakedness in skins of lesser animals.
We haven't.
We just dress differently now , and have a mortgage or rent, when bodies drop at our shoe clad feet.

Last edited:
And ..? What does that have to do with using guns in mass shootings? (Notice the words "mass shootings".) It is hard to commit mass shootings with the items that you mentioned.
You're right if it's all about mass SHOOTINGS. But....the attack on 9/11 wasn't a mass shooting but it likely claimed more lives in an instant than all of the reported mass shootings in the US combined. Then there's these.

• The Milwaukee police department bombing in 1929 killed 10.
  • The Wall Street bombing of 1920 killed 48 and injured over 400.
  • The Tulsa race massacre in 1921, which was carried out by ground and by air, killed 300 and left over 10,000 homeless.
  • The 16th Street Baptist Church bombing in 1963 killed 4 and injured 22.
  • The Oklahoma city bombing in 1995 killed 138 and injured over 680.
  • Boston Marathon bombing in 2013 killed 3, dismembered 16, and injured several hundred others.
  • Charlottesville car attack in 2017 killed 1 and injured 28.

Guns don't kill, PEOPLE DO. Since people have a normal tendency toward evil, they'll find a way.
This thinking fascinates me. It's used to justify the ownership of the more complex semi automatic guns.
And such thinking perpetuates the problem of mass shootings in America.
" Ah crazy people gonna find a way". Well the shooter in LA from his hotel room. You think he could have mowed down so many people with another weapon?
Then you gonna say " he can use explosives".
Ok. So what are the stats on mass shootings versus mass bombings? Seems people prefer guns.
You just afraid. Afraid someone's gonna take your precious toy away from you. Dont worry. The NRA has your back. It will do whatever it takes to protect you. It's all about protection. Protecting your addiction to guns.

You're right if it's all about mass SHOOTINGS. But....the attack on 9/11 wasn't a mass shooting but it likely claimed more lives in an instant than all of the reported mass shootings in the US combined. Then there's these.

• The Tulsa race massacre in 1921, which was carried out by ground and by air, killed 300 and left over 10,000 homeless.
  • Boston Marathon bombing in 2013 killed 3, dismembered 16, and injured several hundred others.
Half those stats before world war 2. I suspect they are out of date to be used in this discussion.

The OP is about reducing mass shootings. How many people have did in automobile crashes or have died from cancer? Your examples have nothing to do with the OP subject.

This thinking fascinates me. It's used to justify the ownership of the more complex semi automatic guns.
And such thinking perpetuates the problem of mass shootings in America.
" Ah crazy people gonna find a way". Well the shooter in LA from his hotel room. You think he could have mowed down so many people with another weapon?
Then you gonna say " he can use explosives".
Ok. So what are the stats on mass shootings versus mass bombings? Seems people prefer guns.
You just afraid. Afraid someone's gonna take your precious toy away from you. Dont worry. The NRA has your back. It will do whatever it takes to protect you. It's all about protection. Protecting your addiction to guns.
I've never owned a gun. Never felt the need for one. But I also know that NOTHING the "Government"/"Congress" does will make any difference unless the America we know ceases to exist. 2 Chr 7:14.

The OP is about reducing mass shootings. How many people have did in automobile crashes or have died from cancer? Your examples have nothing to do with the OP subject.
How to reduce mass shootings. I've already answered this question as Jesus did. Repentance and change of attitude.

How to reduce mass shootings. I've already answered this question as Jesus did. Repentance and change of attitude.

Have you ever noticed that the anti-gunners attitude is the same attitude that they accuse the gunowners of having?! It's a weird sort of projection I guess.

Another conspiracy theory chocs?

Have you ever noticed that the anti-gunners attitude is the same attitude that they accuse the gunowners of having?! It's a weird sort of projection I guess.
Well, I think there are people who are afraid of guns. And such people can be dangerous with a gun so it is best they don't come near guns.
Then, being the Net, the Troll factor is also worthy of consideration.
Trying to reason with that mentality is folly. But undertaking the effort only feeds that depraved personality.

Back