Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study How Can We Know When A Christian Leader Has Been Anointed To Speak and Teach?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Share with us how you know they are anointed.

Again, you can’t seem to understand what is written.

Here is what I said —

• I really don’t know about everyone who claims to be anointed.

I really don’t know... means I don’t have knowledge about everyone who claims to be anointed.

If you are honest you would say the same thing because you don’t know about every single person in the world, and what is in their heart and their relationship with God.

Saying derogatory things against God’s anointed ones is extremely foolish.

But the anointing which you have received from Him abides in you, and you do not need that anyone teach you; but as the same anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true, and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you will abide in Him. 1 John 2:27

People who have the Spirit of Christ, the anointed One, in them have the anointing, because the anointed One dwells in them and is the source of their anointing from God.

But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His. Romans 8:9

• if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His

JLB

No I mean by how he or you or I live everyday. Are we all men of integrity, honest, upright, reliable, kind, approachable, willing to listen and talk through differences.

In short do people see Jesus in your minister, in you or in me.

Want a rough rule of thumb. ' would you buy a used car from this person?
What you described has nothing to do with the anointing shown in Scripture. What you described is just the minimal standard for Godliness in "we all."

Now you will refuse to acknowledge what I have just clarified for you. All you have done here is just play with words.

Again, you can’t seem to understand what is written.

Here is what I said —

• I really don’t know about everyone who claims to be anointed.

I really don’t know... means I don’t have knowledge about everyone who claims to be anointed.

If you are honest you would say the same thing because you don’t know about every single person in the world, and what is in their heart and their relationship with God.

Saying derogatory things against God’s anointed ones is extremely foolish.

But the anointing which you have received from Him abides in you, and you do not need that anyone teach you; but as the same anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true, and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you will abide in Him. 1 John 2:27

People who have the Spirit of Christ, the anointed One, in them have the anointing, because the anointed One dwells in them and is the source of their anointing from God.

But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His. Romans 8:9

• if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His

JLB
Tell us who are God's anointed. But, you cannot.

Tell us who are God's anointed. But, you cannot.

Those who have the Spirit of Christ, The anointed one in them.

JLB

Those who have the Spirit of Christ, The anointed one in them.

JLB
Does it abide in yourself? If it does, how does it appear?

Yes, anointing does exist. How is it authenticated for any given person in leadership?

1.) Their training? Nope. The source of training cannot guarantee anything. Certification on a paper means nothing.

2.) Their communication skills? Nope. Smooth talkers are easily false talkers.

3.) Professional demeanor? Nope. Means nothing.

4.) Their personal testimony? Nope. Nothing guarantees they are faithful to it.

5.) The witness of other people? Nope. They can be fooled.

6.) Speaking in a babbling tongue? Nope. Babbling glossolalia means nothing in regard to wisdom and knowledge.

7.) Time in service? Nope. Might be an indicator, but is not a determinant.

8.) A loving demeanor and heart? Nope. Loving Christians do not automatically have Godly doctrine and wisdom on Scripture.

9.) Witness of The Spirit, or testing of a
their spirit? Nope. No person can either state or demonstrate how this takes place.

10.) Speaking the Name of Jesus? Nope. Matt. 7:21-23 gives Jesus Himself stating many people will in His Name "Prophecy, cast out devils, and do many wonderful works" yet be in disobedience to God, and are not of God.

There is today no manner any person's "anointing" can be verified. It could be done during the times of the Apostles, but not today.
BUT having a good working knowledge of THE BIBLE, goes a long way toward sorting out the sheep from the wolves.
OF course being a Born again Christian YOURSELF gives you the indwelling Holy Spirit, who gives wisdom, and leads into TRUTH.

BUT having a good working knowledge of THE BIBLE, goes a long way toward sorting out the sheep from the wolves.
OF course being a Born again Christian YOURSELF gives you the indwelling Holy Spirit, who gives wisdom, and leads into TRUTH.
What does an anointed Believer do which non-anointed Believers cannot do? Jump around?

I have not said I personally have it. Please upgrade your reading comprehension just a bit. Thanks.

Spiritual anointing is not commonly mentioned in the NT. In 2 Cor. 1:21 Paul states they have been anointed by God. In 1John 2:27 John states the Believers then in general are anointed by God to receive truth. In Acts 20:38 Luke states Jesus was anointed by God with power and the Holy Spirit. In Hebrews 1:9 the writer speaks of Messianic Jews having been anointed with the "oil of gladness."

#5548 Anointing in Strong's gives "consecrate." Webster's Dictionary gives "consecrate" to be "set apart, holy, sacred, dedicated."

Certainly Jesus was truly anointed to do all He did. However, an appropriate conclusion is that Scripture uses spiritual anointing of Christ's Believers in a very generalized and broad manner, having nothing to do with the infamous screaming and pseudo authority promoted by today's Pentecostals. Compounded upon their misappropriation of this word and concept is their inability to even reliably define the concept. Hence, they constantly fabricate their own notion of what it should be.

I don't see it in (Acts 20:38).

Anointing simply means moving or doing in the power of the Holy Spirit. So, all believers are anointed in that we all have the Holy Spirit.

For a teacher or preacher to be anointed means he is first of all, given that gift by the Holy Spirit. Second of all, he is in a walk with God and Christ and the Spirit, which allows the Holy Spirit to use him to the fullest. Third of all, when this one who is appointed a teacher teaches or preaches, the Holy Spirit empowers his words. The Holy Spirit gives the very ring of authority to his words.

Believers who are listening, know it, because they have that same Spirit. And it resonates with them. Just like they know when one is not anointed. It carries no authority with it. It's a burden to listen to. They can be saying the exact same thing, but there is no anointing, no empowering by the Holy Spirit.

No believer should make a decision that he is going to be a teacher or preacher of the Bible. That should come from fellow believers over time. They will tell you if you have the gift, or anointing of God.

I remember a Bible teacher told this true story once of one in his church who thought he should have a Bible class to teach. The leaders wouldn't give him one and he argued with one saying he was convinced God had given him the gift of teaching. The leader then told him, "but no one here has the gift of listening to you".

Believers know.

Quantrill

Does it abide in yourself? If it does, how does it appear?

Yes the anointing I have received from Him remains in me.

The anointing appears by teaching and giving me understanding and “light”, in that He illuminates, teaches and gives revelation about Christ and His doctrine.

The anointing is the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Christ, the Spirit of Truth, The Spirit of Grace, The Spirit of Wisdom, the Spirit of Understanding, the Spirit of Knowledge...who teaches me and leads and guides me into all truth.

For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, Titus 2:11

But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you. John 14:26

JLB

I don't see it in (Acts 20:38).

Anointing simply means moving or doing in the power of the Holy Spirit. So, all believers are anointed in that we all have the Holy Spirit.

For a teacher or preacher to be anointed means he is first of all, given that gift by the Holy Spirit. Second of all, he is in a walk with God and Christ and the Spirit, which allows the Holy Spirit to use him to the fullest. Third of all, when this one who is appointed a teacher teaches or preaches, the Holy Spirit empowers his words. The Holy Spirit gives the very ring of authority to his words.

Believers who are listening, know it, because they have that same Spirit. And it resonates with them. Just like they know when one is not anointed. It carries no authority with it. It's a burden to listen to. They can be saying the exact same thing, but there is no anointing, no empowering by the Holy Spirit.

No believer should make a decision that he is going to be a teacher or preacher of the Bible. That should come from fellow believers over time. They will tell you if you have the gift, or anointing of God.

I remember a Bible teacher told this true story once of one in his church who thought he should have a Bible class to teach. The leaders wouldn't give him one and he argued with one saying he was convinced God had given him the gift of teaching. The leader then told him, "but no one here has the gift of listening to you".

Believers know.

Quantrill
Fellow Believers have nothing to do with anointing. As well, the "Believers know" phrase shows how anyone who uses their personal intuition to assess teachers are not using God's Wisdom. No NT writer used this "Believers know" standard.

The heretic Pentecostal prosperity leaders fool thousands with that method of "knowing."

The anointing appears by teaching and giving me understanding and “light”, in that He illuminates, teaches and gives revelation about Christ and His doctrine.

The anointing is the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Christ, the Spirit of Truth, The Spirit of Grace, The Spirit of Wisdom, the Spirit of Understanding, the Spirit of Knowledge...who teaches me and leads and guides me into all truth.

For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, Titus 2:11

But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you. John 14:26

JLB
Prov. 29:11 "A fool utters his whole mind."

Prov. 10:29 "In the multitude of words there wanteth not sin; but he that refraineth his lips is wise."

No Believer who rambles and overstates is anointed by God. Far reaching verbage is not a test for Truth.

Quoting Scripture does not show it applies to one's self.

What does an anointed Believer do which non-anointed Believers cannot do? Jump around?
Manifest the Power of God.

Peter, at the temple gate KNEW EXACTLY what would happen when he healed the cripple. In Churches these days (Pentecostal and otherwise), we pray for healing, and have NO IDEA what will happen (generally nothing). And sometimes we're pleasantly surprised -

Prov. 29:11 "A fool utters his whole mind."

Prov. 10:29 "In the multitude of words there wanteth not sin; but he that refraineth his lips is wise."

No Believer who rambles and overstates is anointed by God. Far reaching verbage is not a test for Truth.

Quoting Scripture does not show it applies to one's self.

I was taking the time to answer each of your questions with scripture.

In response you insult me and insinuate I’m rambling ?

JLB

Fellow Believers have nothing to do with anointing. As well, the "Believers know" phrase shows how anyone who uses their personal intuition to assess teachers are not using God's Wisdom. No NT writer used this "Believers know" standard.

The heretic Pentecostal prosperity leaders fool thousands with that method of "knowing."

Fellow believers have everything to do with recognizing the anointing.

You asked 'how can we know' and I showed you. But, you don't agree. Why? Probably because you were rejected by fellow believers as having the 'anointing'.

Quantrill

Thank you for your answer.

However, none of those fine features of Godly speaking and pastoring are specific for what Pentecostals try to call "anointing."

You're welcome.

I'm not Pentecostal nor have I ever been, so I'm unable to offer a view point in that regard. I'm not sure what they would define as "anointing."

What you described has nothing to do with the anointing shown in Scripture. What you described is just the minimal standard for Godliness in "we all."

Now you will refuse to acknowledge what I have just clarified for you. All you have done here is just play with words.
You have clarified nothing.

You asked how do we recognise a Godly teacher and I have told you.

Back