Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How do I establish a relationship with God if I feel he has given me nothing but failure all my life?

connorwd

Hello,

I'm new here as of today and this is my first post...

I appreciate anyone who cares to read it. Thank you.

I've been struggling with this question for most of my life and I am wondering how I'm supposed to resolve it, honestly. I've approached it from a variety of angles and it still leaves me feeling empty and resentful. I decided to join this forum today in the hopes that someone can help me with this deep seated question that has burdned my life for as long I can remember...

Basically for 34 years of my life (my age currently)...in spite of whatever effort I've put forth, my life has consisted largely of failure. I've put in the time, put in the effort, put in the dedication and tenacity and God has still left me hanging...
I don't feel God has blessed me with much of anything at all the way he has with others. In the way of talent, aptitude, ability, fortune, etc. I feel as though I've been reduced to standing on the sidelines my entire life and watching other people experience success and victory while never getting to enjoy my own. Whether it be in academics, recreation, work, whatever. It's left me with a searing sense of sadness and resentment, and altogether hopelessness. To the point where I rarely put much effort into anything anymore.

Even when I look to other Christians for support and encouragement none of them seem to have received as humble a lot in life as I have. Their faith is in sync with the blessings God gives them regularly. Quid pro quo in motion, if you will.

As much as I've longed for a relationship with God it's been an immense struggle. I've found myself cursing him as much as I've desired having a relationship with him. I can't figure out why he's been so cold with me. Why he's made a purposeful point of excluding me.

I don't think faith in God is ever unconditional. Otherwise what would be the point? Investing all of your faith and love in someone that will never return it, or, in fact, curses you for it. I hope that isn't my situation.

Ezekiel chapter 37 . Valley of dry bones.

This is Christian nations. Majority are spiritually dead.
Problem is, many people are sitting under false preachers, who teach tradition of men and false doctrine.

Naturally, God will not bless them, or hear there prayers. God hates false religion. Hates false shepherds.

James chapter 1
God gives knowledge and wisdom freely to those who ask. Don't forget to repent sins to God.

God isn't listening to some people. Because they're involved in false religion and refuse to Repent.

Leviticus chapter 26.

God curses
God blesses.

It's there choice if Jesus blesses them or curses.

It's fundamental choice.
Sound doctrine or false doctrine.
Study false preachers, you get curses.
Study with true shepherds, receive blessings and protection.

Easy to understand.

I recommend shepherds chapel on YouTube.
Pastor dennis murray teaches sound doctrine.
I studied over 24 years with shepherds chapel.

It's your decision.

Hello,

I'm new here as of today and this is my first post...

I appreciate anyone who cares to read it. Thank you.

I've been struggling with this question for most of my life and I am wondering how I'm supposed to resolve it, honestly. I've approached it from a variety of angles and it still leaves me feeling empty and resentful. I decided to join this forum today in the hopes that someone can help me with this deep seated question that has burdned my life for as long I can remember...

Basically for 34 years of my life (my age currently)...in spite of whatever effort I've put forth, my life has consisted largely of failure. I've put in the time, put in the effort, put in the dedication and tenacity and God has still left me hanging...
I don't feel God has blessed me with much of anything at all the way he has with others. In the way of talent, aptitude, ability, fortune, etc. I feel as though I've been reduced to standing on the sidelines my entire life and watching other people experience success and victory while never getting to enjoy my own. Whether it be in academics, recreation, work, whatever. It's left me with a searing sense of sadness and resentment, and altogether hopelessness. To the point where I rarely put much effort into anything anymore.

Even when I look to other Christians for support and encouragement none of them seem to have received as humble a lot in life as I have. Their faith is in sync with the blessings God gives them regularly. Quid pro quo in motion, if you will.

As much as I've longed for a relationship with God it's been an immense struggle. I've found myself cursing him as much as I've desired having a relationship with him. I can't figure out why he's been so cold with me. Why he's made a purposeful point of excluding me.

I don't think faith in God is ever unconditional. Otherwise what would be the point? Investing all of your faith and love in someone that will never return it, or, in fact, curses you for it. I hope that isn't my situation.
Coming to the Lord is by repenting of our sins, not of failures to succeed.

Coming to Jesus is not for worldly success, but for holiness and godliness forever with Him.

He died and rose again for the sole purpose of giving us a chance to repent and live forever. Resenting for you personal failures in this little life, rather than knowing Him during success or failure, is not the way to come to Him.

If basing our faith in God on successes and failures today, then I'd have just returned to my old sins and die in them with the rest of the world long ago.

Back