Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How Long Does The Pain Last?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Isilwen

Some of you reading this may suggest know I had gall bladder removal surgery last Thursday. Some of you may not.

What I would like to know is from this who have had laproscopic surgery to remove your gall bladder how long did the pain last?

I really don't have general pain. I mean now and then it will throb, but it's not bad and doesn't last. The pain I'm asking about if the pain when you walk and cough. That is the worst for me. Coughing has me in tears.

Some of you reading this may suggest know I had gall bladder removal surgery last Thursday. Some of you may not.

What I would like to know is from this who have had laproscopic surgery to remove your gall bladder how long did the pain last?

I really don't have general pain. I mean now and then it will throb, but it's not bad and doesn't last. The pain I'm asking about if the pain when you walk and cough. That is the worst for me. Coughing has me in tears.

I hope and pray it heals quickly, and there is no more pain when you walk and cough; in Jesus Mighty Name!

JLB

Hold a pillow to your abdomen when you need to cough . This will keep the sore places from moving as much . Praying for you ! I found this too .

https://www.forisgroup.com/pre-op-instructions/laparoscopic-gallbladder-removal/

I do not know how old you are, but when I was about 30 i was in a near-fatal car crash. I had surgery to remove the spleen and fix a pierced diaphragm and lung; and had all the ribs on my left side broken. I was in pain from coughing etc for a few months (4-5?)

Laparoscopic surgery should heal up faster than that.

I do not know how old you are, but when I was about 30 i was in a near-fatal car crash. I had surgery to remove the spleen and fix a pierced diaphragm and lung; and had all the ribs on my left side broken. I was in pain from coughing etc for a few months (4-5?)

Laparoscopic surgery should heal up faster than that.
Oh wow , I am not going to try to imagine the pain you went through !

Hi Isilwen
I was about the same age as you are now when I had my gall bladder removed. It was not laparoscopic surgery though. I have just googled about the after pain on several medical websites. They all say the pain should start to ease after a few days.

I did the same, but mine seems to be lasting longer than the few days, at least when coughing.

I do have another concern and that is that they will send me back to work too soon. I do a physical job, one that requires me to lift 200+ pounds routinely during the day. There is also no light duty work for me.

So that weighs on my mind as well.

I did the same, but mine seems to be lasting longer than the few days, at least when coughing.
Perhaps the coughing Is delaying things. You have had major surgery and coughing may be aggravating muscles or the area of the operation.
Ate you coughing a lot? I find menthol and eucalyptus very helpful.

Oh wow , I am not going to try to imagine the pain you went through !
YYYYeeeeaaaaahhhhh. About that ....

The first 4 days in hospital they had my hopped up on something called Demerol. As it is an opiate, they could only have me on that long to not get addicted. It did not really eliminate the pain, but I was so stoned I didn't care if I hurt or not. The nurses would roll me over every few hours, which meant I would get rolled from being on my right side to laying on my back and then ... onto the left side and the broken ribs. I could feel them grind on the broken ends. And it hurt like .... you know. But I really did not care.

Anyway - it is an interesting story how I did NOT die that morning. But that is a story for another thread in another folder.

Perhaps the coughing Is delaying things. You have had major surgery and coughing may be aggravating muscles or the area of the operation.
Ate you coughing a lot? I find menthol and eucalyptus very helpful.

The coughing isn't bad, no. It's just that when it happens and it's about four times a day, as I have asthma, so coughing is normal, it puts me in tears. Coughing is supposedly good after surgery to help keep you from getting pneumonia.

YYYYeeeeaaaaahhhhh. About that ....

The first 4 days in hospital they had my hopped up on something called Demerol. As it is an opiate, they could only have me on that long to not get addicted. It did not really eliminate the pain, but I was so stoned I didn't care if I hurt or not. The nurses would roll me over every few hours, which meant I would get rolled from being on my right side to laying on my back and then ... onto the left side and the broken ribs. I could feel them grind on the broken ends. And it hurt like .... you know. But I really did not care.

Anyway - it is an interesting story how I did NOT die that morning. But that is a story for another thread in another folder.
Rolling you over onto your injured side sounds very bad.

The coughing isn't bad, no. It's just that when it happens and it's about four times a day, as I have asthma, so coughing is normal, it puts me in tears. Coughing is supposedly good after surgery to help keep you from getting pneumonia.
Aah ,I never knew that about the pneumonia .
Prayimg you soon heal.

Back