Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How Long Does The Pain Last?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
It's been many years since I had my gallbladder out. It was done laparoscopic and done as an out patient. I was probably in pain for the first week post-op, but it didn't seem to be real bad. It could be your asthma that is causing you to cough from the anesthesia that stays in your system for a very long time. It's best to sit up and not lay to much as it helps with your lungs and breathing.

As far as your job, if I am not wrong, they can not force you to go back to work if your Doctor feels you are not ready to return. Heavy lifting would totally be out of the question till you heal properly. I think my husband was down for about three days when he had his out and went back to work, but he drives a forklift.

I do have another concern and that is that they will send me back to work too soon. I do a physical job, one that requires me to lift 200+ pounds routinely during the day. There is also no light duty work for me.

So that weighs on my mind as well.

The only reason they would send you back to work 'too soon' is if it was a work related injury and you were receiving workman's comp while you are healing.

Thus 'workman's comp' would be pressuring you and your employer to get you back to work. They don't like paying you for sitting at home healing.

If you are just out of work and out of pay and not in any way the result of work injury, then no one has any motive to send you back early.

Quantrill

The only reason they would send you back to work 'too soon' is if it was a work related injury and you were receiving workman's comp while you are healing.

Thus 'workman's comp' would be pressuring you and your employer to get you back to work. They don't like paying you for sitting at home healing.

If you are just out of work and out of pay and not in any way the result of work injury, then no one has any motive to send you back early.

Quantrill

Thank you! I will take this as confirmation as I and my girlfriend had the same thought after I posted this.

So, I was only given another week and the surgeon wouldn't listen to me about the pain and only caring about what the incisions looked like. He cited that he treats Tampa Bay Buccaneers and they go back to work this soon. He almost didn't give me a week and wanted to send me back to work today.

So, my girlfriend said that I should let my work now that I am requesting another week afterwards as I don't feel that I am ready with the kind of work that I do.

Yes let your work know. And you might want to get a 2nd opinion on that back to work timeframe.

Odd, everyone is different.
Just don't eat no corn.
My wife had constipation but not much pain.
A friend had diarhea but not much pain.
Sorry I can't help.

This is what I tried to explain to him when he cited that he treats the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and they go back to work this early.

He is a surgeon that gives other surgeons bad names.
What to do.
Look forward to your healing.
Look forward to all that God is going to do for you.
And he has started doing it already.

Don't give the devil a foothold.
Don't dwell on the pain, dwell on the healing.
Don't dwell on your job situation, dwell on God taking care of it for you.

Worship God for your healing to come.
Ask for strength to get through the hard times.
Don't look back!
Lot's wife did that.
Look ahead to your future with God blessing you.
Thank God in all things.
Pray in all situations.

The beginning of something new and wonderful is ahead of you.
Can you see it?
Keep looking and praying and praising.
It's there!

Still haven't heard anything from my HR department after a follow-up email on Friday and nothing from my supervisor after texting him yesterday.

At this point, I need to put my health in front of what they want if they deny my request for an extra week. After speaking with my girlfriend, she is okay with me telling them that I will not be in till the 6th if they say no and if they fire me, they fire me. I can go and get another EMT job pretty quickly at another company where an old partner works. She has been wanting me to go there anyway for about two years.

Still haven't heard anything from my HR department after a follow-up email on Friday and nothing from my supervisor after texting him yesterday.

At this point, I need to put my health in front of what they want if they deny my request for an extra week. After speaking with my girlfriend, she is okay with me telling them that I will not be in till the 6th if they say no and if they fire me, they fire me. I can go and get another EMT job pretty quickly at another company where an old partner works. She has been wanting me to go there anyway for about two years.
How is it going with you ? Isilwen

How is it going with you ? Isilwen

I'm well! I got my week off without having to fight for it. Needed that extra week as that is when I really started feeling better and more able to do things like lift without pain. Still had some pain when I went back, especially if I did something that required my core, like lifting the stretcher, but it wasn't terrible.

At the beginning of my second week in and I got a phone call from a job that I applied to back in the middle of July. I had interviewed with them virtually and they had a delay in hiring as they are opening u a new center for which I had applied to. They had a job offer for me and after talking with them, I could not refuse it.

I will be working at a plasma donation center. Had to travel for training as I am currently in NC for the next three weeks and have already been here a week. It gets me off a truck and out of EMS. At 47 and 20 years as an EMT, I was really starting to feel my age while working EMS. So, this job will be easier on me physically and is just better all around. Not having to pay so much for health insurance is already a major plus. The hours are better, no more 13+ hour days and it is consistent. The only downside is I have to work Saturdays and will not get to see my kids as much since I get them on the weekends.

Before I left for NC, as in the weekend right before I left I got to spend at Disney World for mine and its birthdays. A friend of mine got us awesome deals on a room using her discount to where we saved over $100 a night. There were two beds, so my girlfriend took one and me the other. Got to go to Magic Kingdom on my birthday, which is its birthday as well, which was a treat. So, I got to do something really fun before having to go away.

I miss home immensely! I miss my kids, my girlfriend, and my pets. Living out of a hotel room gets old quickly, especially when you have to rely on fast food or TV dinners out of the microwave as there is no kitchen in this room.

Last edited:
I'm well! I got my week off without having to fight for it. Needed that extra week as that is when I really started feeling better and more able to do things like lift without pain. Still had some pain when I went back, especially if I did something that required my core, like lifting the stretcher, but it wasn't terrible.

At the beginning of my second week in and I got a phone call from a job that I applied to back in the middle of July. I had interviewed with them virtually and they had a delay in hiring as they are opening u a new center for which I had applied to. They had a job offer for me and after talking with them, I could not refuse it.

I will be working at a plasma donation center. Had to travel for training as I am currently in NC for the next three weeks and have already been here a week. It gets me off a truck and out of EMS. At 47 and 20 years as an EMT, I was really starting to feel my age while working EMS. So, this job will be easier on me physically and is just better all around. Not having to pay so much for health insurance is already a major plus.

Before I left for NC, as in the weekend right before I left I got to spend at Disney World for mine and its birthdays. A friend of mine got us awesome deals on a room using her discount to where we saved over $100 a night. There were two beds, so my girlfriend took one and me the other. Got to go to Magic Kingdom on my birthday, which is its birthday as well, which was a treat. So, I got to do something really fun before having to go away.

I miss home immensely! I miss my kids, my girlfriend, and my pets. Living out of a hotel room gets old quickly, especially when you have to rely on fast food or TV dinners out of the microwave as there is no kitchen in this room.
So glad you are healing up nicely ! Training for your new job , I know you are pleased to be moving on from EMS life .

Thanks for the update , I will keep you in my prayers on your training and new job :pray .

I lived on the road for a couple of years but I was young and it just seemed to be an adventure back then , I would not enjoy it now 😅 .

Back