Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

How ready are you?

Classik

What would you do if on a Sunday your pastor approaches you and says:

Pastor: "I want you to preach today. Your topic is God is our Help." (and or whatever topic he chooses)

shouldn't us all be ready always?:):)

some folks may faint. Some may say: I'm sick:toofunny

What would you do if on a Sunday your pastor approaches you and says:

Pastor: "I want you to preach today. Your topic is God is our Help." (and or whatever topic he chooses)

shouldn't us all be ready always?:):)

some folks may faint. Some may say: I'm sick:toofunny
:hysterical :toofunny :rolling

This would never happen in a Southern Baptist Church!

I will run away. But Christians should always be ready for such. Assuming you meet an unbeliever who needs help?:lol

I've never been put on the spot that quickly, but I was asked to preach already (with some prep time of course), in which one time I did about Passover but other times I turned it down. My reason was to honor Yahweh, but I also know I am not called into the ministry, as I am not the type to let things go to my head. I rather not make a habit of this, but I was not intimidated, either.

I rather be in a house church, and nothing I would love more than to have bible study and worship right now, the start for the Sabbath, but in reality it seems not too many people care about that. So, I'm places like here (forums), instead.

I haven't been asked to preach with that little time, but the pastor as asked me to preach with just 2 days notice before. He sometimes has to be in conference with the bishop on short notice.

2 tim 4:2 says be ready to preach the word, be instant in season and out of season. I've been caught unprepared (not to preach, but to take part in some other activity during the service) and let me tell you, it's a sickening feeling!

I could give my testimony but I wouldn't be ready to do much else. I try to encourage Christians though. You don't have to be an expert to tell people God loves them.

A true believer should find it easy to stand up and "preach" about Christ. Some folks are shy before a crowd, however. Yet again, Paul says "I can do all things through Christ..."

Back