Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How serious are you/we about Christianity?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Who Me

A real question.
Are you serious about living as a Christian? Really?
Then follow this link and read it, before posting any thing here.

It is good to examine ourselves, but I'm just going to say we all fall in one way or another whether we admit it or not as our flesh will never be perfected, but only our Spiritual inner man where the Holy Spirit dwells is what is already perfected by God's grace through Christ Jesus. God does not recognize our flesh, but only knows His own by what spirit is dwelling in them. Paul struggled with sin in the flesh as we read in Romans 7, but like what Hebrews 10:26 says about willful sin sin should never be willful like we plan to sin. Sin wells up in the flesh and flesh will always sin, but grace does not give us a license to sin.

Hey All,
We can know all the answers and still not be serious.
What makes your belief real?
Isn't that the real question?
How do we know what we are doing is not just an act?
The struggle for_his_glory mentioned is major proof. If you struggle when you don't have to, that makes it real. If I can take the easy way and sin, and nobody but me will ever know about it, but I choose to struggle instead, that's a good indicator that my belief is real. Why would I do that if I was just acting? I don't have to act in private. But as Polonius told Laertes, "To thine own self be true."

Another indicator is the joy in your heart.

1 John 1:4 And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.

When you are right with God, there is a joy that comes with it. We don't walk around with big stupid grins on our faces. And yes there are sad times. But there is still a peace within us regardless of the situation or circumstance.

A third indicator is my hope. My hope is my evidence. Anyone who is not a believer does not understand this. But if you are, you know what I mean because you have it as well.

Struggle, joy, and hope, are the foundations of a true belief in Jesus.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

Last edited:
Back