Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

How to forgive?

"For if you forgive people their trespasses [their reckless and willful sins, leaving them, letting them go, and giving up resentment], your heavenly Father will also forgive you.

But if you do not forgive others their trespasses [their reckless and willful sins, leaving them, letting them go, and giving up resentment], neither will your Father forgive you your trespasses." -- Matthew 6:14 [AMP]

We may want to forgive, and we may be able to say the words "I forgive you" but what if we can't stop our heart from feeling hurt, resentment or anger towards someone? Well, Jesus Christ has given you the power to cast it out. Every time you feel these things, say this prayer:

Almighty GOD in the Name of JESUS CHRIST, I take authority and bind every spirit of anger, hatred, hurt, bitterness and resentment. I break your power and command you to get out of me and not to return in JESUS Name. I receive the spirit of humility, peace and joy in the Name of JESUS CHRIST.

http://lovingjesuschrist.info/forgive/how-to-forgive
(Highlight, right click , select - go to)

To forgive is not to forget but accept.
Accept the mistakes of those who have wronged you and self evaluate.
Be the better person, turn the other cheek, and accept that people make mistakes and move on.

It's the right thing to do.

Forgiveness can be hard at times as the hurts can be very deep, but for me I always remember the words of Jesus in Mark 11:22-26 and am quick to forgive even though the memory remains, the hurt and anger belongs to the Lord as I lay it at His feet that He will help me overcome that which I feel.

22 And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.

23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

25 And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.

26 But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.

"For if you forgive people their trespasses [their reckless and willful sins, leaving them, letting them go, and giving up resentment], your heavenly Father will also forgive you.

But if you do not forgive others their trespasses [their reckless and willful sins, leaving them, letting them go, and giving up resentment], neither will your Father forgive you your trespasses." -- Matthew 6:14 [AMP]

We may want to forgive, and we may be able to say the words "I forgive you" but what if we can't stop our heart from feeling hurt, resentment or anger towards someone? Well, Jesus Christ has given you the power to cast it out. Every time you feel these things, say this prayer:

Almighty GOD in the Name of JESUS CHRIST, I take authority and bind every spirit of anger, hatred, hurt, bitterness and resentment. I break your power and command you to get out of me and not to return in JESUS Name. I receive the spirit of humility, peace and joy in the Name of JESUS CHRIST.

http://lovingjesuschrist.info/forgive/how-to-forgive
(Highlight, right click , select - go to)

I find saying "im sorry" goes a long way. I like it when people tell me there sorry if they wrong me.

Its a shocker. Jesus says if believers do not forgive then God wont forgive. Pretty serious.

To be able to do this I think one must try and see others as God sees people. That is that they come to repentance. God wishes that none should perish but all come to repentance. One cannot resent and wish people hell and eternal death etc if one takes the mind of Christ.

Back