Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study How to tell a false “prophet” or “word of of the Lord” from the true

There is a lot of emphasis on being a prophet or getting “words from the Lord” or "prophesy" for people these days. And it seems to me that NO ONE is teaching believes how to discern the difference between the true and the false. So let’s talk about this a bit.

From the Old Testament we have the following verses: Deut 13:1-

If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder, 2And the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them; 3Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams:

So what do we see here? We see that false prophets can actually be accurate in what they say. So is the test of a prophet that the word comes true? No, the test is if what is said matches what is the known word of God. That is the test. In this scripture what the prophet said did not match what was known. We are NOT to go by past records or the authority of the person speaking. Just because so and so said it, does not mean it came from God.

What this also means is that given a so called or real Word of the Lord, one ought to THINK about what is said and do as the Bereans did and carefully study the Bible to see if those things be true, that is, match the Word of God we know IS the Word of the Lord.

Now I am not speaking of those who will tell you with great confidence what the 7 trumpets are or the bowls of wrath or Magog or anything in Revelation. But let me ask you, does it really impact your life who the “Beast” is supposed to be? Does it really matter what eschatology one has in terms of what metaphor means what? Does it affect your choices today? I doubt it does.

So I am talking about those who would tell you something that DOES impact your life and you are wondering if you are rejecting the Word of the Lord to you or are you believing a lie being told to you and how you can tell.

One of the big tests is ask yourself what the speaker gets out of you believing their claim? There are not a few of these so-called prophets who want to sell their books or get you to watch their YouTube clips (from which they also get money) and so this is the first red flag. Do they gain materially from you believing them? If so, they are usually not a prophet of God speaking his word. “Freely you have received, freely give” is the motto of the Kingdom of God. The men of God I know who really do hear from God offer what they learned from him freely.

Second, is the word to you attempting to control you? When I was a teenage there was a particular local Bible study by a Bud and Julie who started telling the young people who they should marry. They did and you can imagine the mess. What did they gain? Power and a lot of power. It is a heady experience to exercise power over people and using “thus says the Lord and you don’t question it” is one way to enjoy that heady feeling. So if someone it trying to tell you what to do, be careful. They rarely live with the consequences and it feels really good to the ego to tell Mary to do XYZ and Mary obeys you.

Third, does the “Word” flatter your pride? I observed a so-called prophet straight from Bethel school of learning how to do this tell a man in a small group that he was like John the Baptist. The man was extremely flattered and the group impressed with this young person. I saw only flattery and a lie from her desire to be admired and control who did what. Oddly enough, the leader did not detect this and promoted this man. I left the group but was not impressed with the lack of discernment. The International House of Prayer was started by a man who claimed to get a Word of the Lord in Egypt (not exactly well thought of in Bible literature) that told him that many tried and failed but he would succeed. Flattery pure. What did he do? He started his group by stealing the name IHoP and was sued, rightly so. That was his first step, stealing someone else’s name. So who was being the flattery that moved him to steal as an initial step? Beware of flattery.

Now let’s look at what God says when he compliments a man. What did God say about Jesus? Did he say he was the greatest even though he was? No. Did he say he would accomplish what no one else would even though He did? No. What did He say? He said, “…my beloved Son in whom I am well pleased.” That is it. God was pleased with Jesus, well pleased. Daniel was also told a compliment, that he was a man “highly favoured.” He said, "Daniel, you who are highly esteemed, Dan 10:11. Mary was also complimented and told that she was highly esteemed. That seems to be the kind of compliments God gives. Notice that NONE of them include a comparison to other people. So if you get a "word" that tells you that you are better than others, beware. The Enemy flatters. God does not.

So those are three things to be aware of. The New Testament also has the same teaching on responding to those who claim to have or give a Word of the Lord or prophesy. “Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the others judge.” 1 Cor 14:29. Today if one even thinks about judging a prophet, you are “resisting God” and they might even tell you that if you do not listen to them, you do not have the Holy Spirit. That is a kind of blackmail threat. Reminds me of the Emperors New Clothes. Anyone who does not see the prophesy as from God is not spiritual so you’d better be awed or else! These threats never come from a man of God.

This is another test of a true Man or woman of God who hears the Voice of the Lord. A false prophet is puffed up with pride at their own spiritual prowess and is deeply offended if you do not accept their “word” and so uses scripture to say you are “not spiritual” or deficient if you dare to judge their words. 2 Chron 18:23 Then Zedekiah son of Kenaanah went up and slapped Micaiah in the face. “Which way did the spirit from the LORD go when he went from me to speak to you?” he asked. This is what false prohets do when challenged. They slap verbally anyone who dares to judge their utterances. What did Jesus do when his true was rejected? What did Jeremiah do when his teachings were rejected?

Matt 23:37Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks…. A true prophet of God, one who actually hears from the living God weeps as Jesus did, as Jeremiah did. You can hear the sorrow, not anger in the writings of the prophets who saw Israel reject the true Word of the Lord. They mourned and were not angry in pride that their teachings were rejected. This is a very good way to tell a false prophet from a true. A man who has the heart of God and so the Words of God weeps when those words are rejected as they care MORE ABOUT THE RECEPIENT, than their own reputation or honor among men. A false prophet wants praise and to be honored and called “a true man of God” before men. A false prophets wants you to buy their books and brags about writing books. A true prophet does not care if you know that they wrote books or if they did YouTube presentations and how many of each.

Surely the above makes sense, doesn’t it? A true man or woman of God cares more about the other than about themselves. A false claim of hearing from God wants you to be impressed with them, not that you are blessed. Humility is the mark of a true prophet. Pride is a mark of the false. One wants to give to you. The other wants something out of you, praise if nothing else. The difference is pretty easy to spot with some practice.

Last edited:
I never felt comfortable with that aspect of some branches of modern Christianity…

And now it seems you’ve articulated my gut feeling quite nicely and succinctly. Thanks 😊

The last prophet was John Baptist and Jesus. Romans chapter 12, theirs different offices and functions of the body of christ. Some are prophets, apostles, pastors, evangelists, teachers. Its written in Peter chapter 3, let not many strive to be masters. The word masters means teachers. Those who in this position will be judged very strictly by Jesus. You cant afford to make mistakes, or especially misleading anyone. How do tell difference between man of God or false brethren??. Jesus taught in gospel of Matthew, only good tree can produce good fruit. And bad tree bears only bad fruit. Its sound doctrine verses false doctrine. Matthew 5;20. For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and pharisees, ye shall in no case enter kingdom of heaven. The fake religious leaders were self righteous hypocrites. Would not go to sinners to plant seeds. And coveted money. Putting their own self interest first. Once again. Those who plant seeds are accountable to Jesus. If its false doctrine, then that person is in the false preachers category. 2nd epistle John 1:9. Who so ever TRANGRESSETH and abides not in doctrine of christ, hath not God, He that abides in the doctrine of christ, he hath both the father and the son. This is serious business. Those who promote false doctrine will have spot in Hell Fire. Shepherds are in position of leadership and have serious responsibilities to the flocks. Heretics and false preachers are going with satan into lake of fire. 1:10. If there come unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed. False preachers are self condemned. You can't reason with someone who has a subverted mind. False brethren are spirtual murderers. Fake shepherds are on top of Jesus list on judgement day. They will walk into lake of fire.

The last prophet was John Baptist and Jesus. Romans chapter 12, theirs different offices and functions of the body of christ. Some are prophets, apostles, pastors, evangelists, teachers. Its written in Peter chapter 3, let not many strive to be masters. The word masters means teachers. Those who in this position will be judged very strictly by Jesus. You cant afford to make mistakes, or especially misleading anyone. How do tell difference between man of God or false brethren??. Jesus taught in gospel of Matthew, only good tree can produce good fruit. And bad tree bears only bad fruit. Its sound doctrine verses false doctrine. Matthew 5;20. For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and pharisees, ye shall in no case enter kingdom of heaven. The fake religious leaders were self righteous hypocrites. Would not go to sinners to plant seeds. And coveted money. Putting their own self interest first. Once again. Those who plant seeds are accountable to Jesus. If its false doctrine, then that person is in the false preachers category. 2nd epistle John 1:9. Who so ever TRANGRESSETH and abides not in doctrine of christ, hath not God, He that abides in the doctrine of christ, he hath both the father and the son. This is serious business. Those who promote false doctrine will have spot in Hell Fire. Shepherds are in position of leadership and have serious responsibilities to the flocks. Heretics and false preachers are going with satan into lake of fire. 1:10. If there come unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed. False preachers are self condemned. You can't reason with someone who has a subverted mind. False brethren are spirtual murderers. Fake shepherds are on top of Jesus list on judgement day. They will walk into lake of fire.
“Good fruit” does not mean good doctrine. Words are cheap. Character is not.

“Good fruit” does not mean good doctrine. Words are cheap. Character is not.
Yes it does, John chapter 15:2. Every branch in Me that bears not fruit He takes away; bearing good fruit is preaching the gospel, truth. You follow me around leaving hateful comments. Only children of satan would do that. If you were child of light, you would embrace the truth. Seeing your mind is subverted, and your bitter person. About character. Your ignorance and self deception is your own destruction. I'm not going to argue further about this. Cowardice is contagious. Keep away.

Yes it does, John chapter 15:2. Every branch in Me that bears not fruit He takes away; bearing good fruit is preaching the gospel, truth. You follow me around leaving hateful comments. Only children of satan would do that. If you were child of light, you would embrace the truth. Seeing your mind is subverted, and your bitter person. About character. Your ignorance and self deception is your own destruction. I'm not going to argue further about this. Cowardice is contagious. Keep away.
That verse doesn’t say doctrine is fruit. Jesus said point blank what fruit is. The fruit or evidence of the holy Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, goodness, humility and so on. All of these are character qualities and hard to fake. I repeat, words are cheap, character is expensive. It’s easy to call a person an insulting name as you have done. It’s expensive to exercise patience and mercy.

There is a lot of emphasis on being a prophet or getting “words from the Lord” or "prophesy" for people these days. And it seems to me that NO ONE is teaching believes how to discern the difference between the true and the false. So let’s talk about this a bit.

If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder, 2And the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them; 3Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams:

So what do we see here? We see that false prophets can actually be accurate in what they say. So is the test of a prophet that the word comes true? No, the test is if what is said matches what is the known word of God. That is the test. In this scripture what the prophet said did not match what was known. We are NOT to go by past records or the authority of the person speaking. Just because so and so said it, does not mean it came from God.

What this also means is that given a so called or real Word of the Lord, one ought to THINK about what is said and do as the Bereans did and carefully study the Bible to see if those things be true, that is, match the Word of God we know IS the Word of the Lord.

Now I am not speaking of those who will tell you with great confidence what the 7 trumpets are or the bowls of wrath or Magog or anything in Revelation. But let me ask you, does it really impact your life who the “Beast” is supposed to be? Does it really matter what eschatology one has in terms of what metaphor means what? Does it affect your choices today? I doubt it does.

So I am talking about those who would tell you something that DOES impact your life and you are wondering if you are rejecting the Word of the Lord to you or are you believing a lie being told to you and how you can tell.

One of the big tests is ask yourself what the speaker gets out of you believing their claim? There are not a few of these so-called prophets who want to sell their books or get you to watch their YouTube clips (from which they also get money) and so this is the first red flag. Do they gain materially from you believing them? If so, they are usually not a prophet of God speaking his word. “Freely you have received, freely give” is the motto of the Kingdom of God. The men of God I know who really do hear from God offer what they learned from him freely.

Second, is the word to you attempting to control you? When I was a teenage there was a particular local Bible study by a Bud and Julie who started telling the young people who they should marry. They did and you can imagine the mess. What did they gain? Power and a lot of power. It is a heady experience to exercise power over people and using “thus says the Lord and you don’t question it” is one way to enjoy that heady feeling. So if someone it trying to tell you what to do, be careful. They rarely live with the consequences and it feels really good to the ego to tell Mary to do XYZ and Mary obeys you.

Third, does the “Word” flatter your pride? I observed a so-called prophet straight from Bethel school of learning how to do this tell a man in a small group that he was like John the Baptist. The man was extremely flattered and the group impressed with this young person. I saw only flattery and a lie from her desire to be admired and control who did what. Oddly enough, the leader did not detect this and promoted this man. I left the group but was not impressed with the lack of discernment. The International House of Prayer was started by a man who claimed to get a Word of the Lord in Egypt (not exactly well thought of in Bible literature) that told him that many tried and failed but he would succeed. Flattery pure. What did he do? He started his group by stealing the name IHoP and was sued, rightly so. That was his first step, stealing someone else’s name. So who was being the flattery that moved him to steal as an initial step? Beware of flattery.

Now let’s look at what God says when he compliments a man. What did God say about Jesus? Did he say he was the greatest even though he was? No. Did he say he would accomplish what no one else would even though He did? No. What did He say? He said, “…my beloved Son in whom I am well pleased.” That is it. God was pleased with Jesus, well pleased. Daniel was also told a compliment, that he was a man “highly favoured.” He said, "Daniel, you who are highly esteemed, Dan 10:11. Mary was also complimented and told that she was highly esteemed. That seems to be the kind of compliments God gives. Notice that NONE of them include a comparison to other people. So if you get a "word" that tells you that you are better than others, beware. The Enemy flatters. God does not.

So those are three things to be aware of. The New Testament also has the same teaching on responding to those who claim to have or give a Word of the Lord or prophesy. “Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the others judge.” 1 Cor 14:29. Today if one even thinks about judging a prophet, you are “resisting God” and they might even tell you that if you do not listen to them, you do not have the Holy Spirit. That is a kind of blackmail threat. Reminds me of the Emperors New Clothes. Anyone who does not see the prophesy as from God is not spiritual so you’d better be awed or else! These threats never come from a man of God.

This is another test of a true Man or woman of God who hears the Voice of the Lord. A false prophet is puffed up with pride at their own spiritual prowess and is deeply offended if you do not accept their “word” and so uses scripture to say you are “not spiritual” or deficient if you dare to judge their words. 2 Chron 18:23 Then Zedekiah son of Kenaanah went up and slapped Micaiah in the face. “Which way did the spirit from the LORD go when he went from me to speak to you?” he asked. This is what false prohets do when challenged. They slap verbally anyone who dares to judge their utterances. What did Jesus do when his true was rejected? What did Jeremiah do when his teachings were rejected?

Matt 23:37Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks…. A true prophet of God, one who actually hears from the living God weeps as Jesus did, as Jeremiah did. You can hear the sorrow, not anger in the writings of the prophets who saw Israel reject the true Word of the Lord. They mourned and were not angry in pride that their teachings were rejected. This is a very good way to tell a false prophet from a true. A man who has the heart of God and so the Words of God weeps when those words are rejected as they care MORE ABOUT THE RECEPIENT, than their own reputation or honor among men. A false prophet wants praise and to be honored and called “a true man of God” before men. A false prophets wants you to buy their books and brags about writing books. A true prophet does not care if you know that they wrote books or if they did YouTube presentations and how many of each.

Surely the above makes sense, doesn’t it? A true man or woman of God cares more about the other than about themselves. A false claim of hearing from God wants you to be impressed with them, not that you are blessed. Humility is the mark of a true prophet. Pride is a mark of the false. One wants to give to you. The other wants something out of you, praise if nothing else. The difference is pretty easy to spot with some practice.
Well, first of all, when you replace God's Name with "Lord", you'd be a false prophet.

Interesting piece.

Let me give you a counter-argument to consider. In Deuteronomy 13:1-3, the Lord said, "If what the prophet says comes to pass, and he says 'Let us go after other gods to serve them'... he is a false prophet." What they teach is indeed an indicator, as the apostle Peter warned about (2 Peter 2:1-2). But openly proposing the worship of other gods seems to be a bit more severe than simply engaging in self-promotion, though the latter is certainly always a bad sign. I think my point is that we have to be on guard against basing things on purely subjective judgments, because then everyone could be labelled for lack of restraint. I've been accused of "pride" so many times I've lost count by now when the opposite is actually true, but there is nothing you can really do once people accuse you of it but simply trust in the Lord to reveal the truth to them some day. However I think the criteria needs to be a little more objective, or we would all likely be stoned to death based solely on other people's suppositions.

Just my two cents, since it's a topic that interests me. What I did find interesting is that yours approaches the subject from a different angle. Usually people just want to argue over what is prophesied coming to pass or not, which is a separate issue altogether.

Acts 21:10 kjv
10. And as we tarried there many days, there came down from Judaea a certain prophet, named Agabus.
11. And when he was come unto us, he took Paul's girdle, and bound his own hands and feet, and said, Thus saith the Holy Ghost, So shall the Jews at Jerusalem bind the man that owneth this girdle, and shall deliver him into the hands of the Gentiles.
12. And when we heard these things, both we, and they of that place, besought him not to go up to Jerusalem.
13. Then Paul answered, What mean ye to weep and to break mine heart? for I am ready not to be bound only, but also to die at Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus.

1 Corinthians 13:9 kjv
9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.

I almost had rather not go here.

It appears that the Holy Spirit speaks.
Acts 20:23 kjv
23.Save that the Holy Ghost witnesseth in every city, saying that bonds and afflictions abide me.

Put those scriptures together, and with (all have sinned and fall short).
And
We wind up with an honest look at NT prophecy?

We get part right, but we are not always perfect.

Paul was to suffer (he knew that). Others hearing about suffering (in their spirit?) advised against takin a chance of going on.

If this is a Bible study, we just have this to deal with (these quotes).

What do I think? Be careful to get the whole story if possible.

More later.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Interesting piece.

Let me give you a counter-argument to consider. In Deuteronomy 13:1-3, the Lord said, "If what the prophet says comes to pass, and he says 'Let us go after other gods to serve them'... he is a false prophet." What they teach is indeed an indicator, as the apostle Peter warned about (2 Peter 2:1-2). But openly proposing the worship of other gods seems to be a bit more severe than simply engaging in self-promotion, though the latter is certainly always a bad sign. I think my point is that we have to be on guard against basing things on purely subjective judgments, because then everyone could be labelled for lack of restraint. I've been accused of "pride" so many times I've lost count by now when the opposite is actually true, but there is nothing you can really do once people accuse you of it but simply trust in the Lord to reveal the truth to them some day. However I think the criteria needs to be a little more objective, or we would all likely be stoned to death based solely on other people's suppositions.

Just my two cents, since it's a topic that interests me. What I did find interesting is that yours approaches the subject from a different angle. Usually people just want to argue over what is prophesied coming to pass or not, which is a separate issue altogether.
Thanks for your input. If a person falsely calls you or me proud, then it shows they haven’t any discernment. It’s not our responsibility nor is it possible to teach them this.

However, it is our responsibility to discern what those who claim a prophetic gifting are telling us. These things I shared are from observation from myself and others’ observation when people give others what they claim are Words from God. The tendency is to gullible and not test at all. The biblical injunction is those words MUST be tested. I gave some hints.

Acts 21:10 kjv
10. And as we tarried there many days, there came down from Judaea a certain prophet, named Agabus.
11. And when he was come unto us, he took Paul's girdle, and bound his own hands and feet, and said, Thus saith the Holy Ghost, So shall the Jews at Jerusalem bind the man that owneth this girdle, and shall deliver him into the hands of the Gentiles.
12. And when we heard these things, both we, and they of that place, besought him not to go up to Jerusalem.
13. Then Paul answered, What mean ye to weep and to break mine heart? for I am ready not to be bound only, but also to die at Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus.

1 Corinthians 13:9 kjv
9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.

I almost had rather not go here.

It appears that the Holy Spirit speaks.
Acts 20:23 kjv
23.Save that the Holy Ghost witnesseth in every city, saying that bonds and afflictions abide me.

Put those scriptures together, and with (all have sinned and fall short).
And
We wind up with an honest look at NT prophecy?

We get part right, but we are not always perfect.

Paul was to suffer (he knew that). Others hearing about suffering (in their spirit?) advised against takin a chance of going on.

If this is a Bible study, we just have this to deal with (these quotes).

What do I think? Be careful to get the whole story if possible.

More later.

Mississippi redneck
eddif
If we give our opinion, then part right and part wrong is a great way to help us be tolerant and merciful. If we are going to claim God spoke, then we must know our words should be questioned/tested and tolerance is less. We should be careful about claiming that authority. We should be extra careful if someone gives us words claiming that.

Well, first of all, when you replace God's Name with "Lord", you'd be a false prophet.
Since God has many names, there’s no Biblical ground for this position although I know JWs teach this. Thing is, Jehovah is definitely not what God said to Moses, but the founder of the JWs couldn’t have known that at that time.

Thanks for your input. If a person falsely calls you or me proud, then it shows they haven’t any discernment. It’s not our responsibility nor is it possible to teach them this.

However, it is our responsibility to discern what those who claim a prophetic gifting are telling us. These things I shared are from observation from myself and others’ observation when people give others what they claim are Words from God. The tendency is to gullible and not test at all. The biblical injunction is those words MUST be tested. I gave some hints.

I suppose I can agree with all that. From experience, operating in the prophetic is not exactly an easy task. To be accurate takes time spent in His Presence (for continuing discernment) and time spent in prayer and closeness with Him to hear His voice. That's no excuse for handling the things of God flippantly, however, which is what some tend to do.

And yes, any "word" given must line up with the written word of God. I think the problem there is that most Christians are not all that educated in the word these days, so they have very little to test things against.

I suppose I can agree with all that. From experience, operating in the prophetic is not exactly an easy task. To be accurate takes time spent in His Presence (for continuing discernment) and time spent in prayer and closeness with Him to hear His voice. That's no excuse for handling the things of God flippantly, however, which is what some tend to do.

And yes, any "word" given must line up with the written word of God. I think the problem there is that most Christians are not all that educated in the word these days, so they have very little to test things against.
You’ve hit the mail on the head. That is exactly the problem. Most in the prophetic word “ministry” are equally ignorant of the Word.

So out of ignorance

Isaiah 52:1-2 kjv
1. Awake, awake; put on thy strength, O Zion; put on thy beautiful garments, O Jerusalem, the holy city: for henceforth there shall no more come into thee the uncircumcised and the unclean.
2. Shake thyself from the dust; arise, and sit down, O Jerusalem: loose thyself from the bands of thy neck, O captive daughter of Zion.

Ezekiel 37:1
1. The hand of the LORD was upon me, and carried me out in the spirit of the LORD, and set me down in the midst of the valley which was full of bones,

Ezekiel 37:11
11. Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts.
12.Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel.
13. And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves,
14. And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the LORD have spoken it, and performed it, saith the LORD.

To keep this from being too long. The people in the dispersion of Ezekiel were brought to Jerusalem for Pentecost.

The real New Jerusalem has its beginning.

1 Corinthians 14:29 kjv
29. Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge.
30. If any thing be revealed to another that sitteth by, let the first hold his peace.
31. For ye may all prophesy one by one, that all may learn, and all may be comforted.

It goes on till secrets of hearts are revealed.

Why the restraint post first? Then the order of worship? Foretelling precedes manifestation?

Mississippi redneck
eddif

So out of ignorance

Isaiah 52:1-2 kjv
1. Awake, awake; put on thy strength, O Zion; put on thy beautiful garments, O Jerusalem, the holy city: for henceforth there shall no more come into thee the uncircumcised and the unclean.
2. Shake thyself from the dust; arise, and sit down, O Jerusalem: loose thyself from the bands of thy neck, O captive daughter of Zion.

Ezekiel 37:1
1. The hand of the LORD was upon me, and carried me out in the spirit of the LORD, and set me down in the midst of the valley which was full of bones,

Ezekiel 37:11
11. Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts.
12.Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel.
13. And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves,
14. And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the LORD have spoken it, and performed it, saith the LORD.

To keep this from being too long. The people in the dispersion of Ezekiel were brought to Jerusalem for Pentecost.

The real New Jerusalem has its beginning.

1 Corinthians 14:29 kjv
29. Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge.
30. If any thing be revealed to another that sitteth by, let the first hold his peace.
31. For ye may all prophesy one by one, that all may learn, and all may be comforted.

It goes on till secrets of hearts are revealed.

Why the restraint post first? Then the order of worship? Foretelling precedes manifestation?

Mississippi redneck
eddif
Between Ezekiel and Pentecost are too many centuries to be connected. At Pentecost they are from all over. The Despersion was into Babylon. Doesn’t fit.

Between Ezekiel and Pentecost are too many centuries to be connected. At Pentecost they are from all over. The Despersion was into Babylon. Doesn’t fit.
IMHO
The Babylonian dispersion as punishment, is not the same as the Ezekiel dispersion for protection from death.

The 400 years of silence between OT and NT
is all the time that exists (?).

A huge amount of the prophecy for the Messiah and Pentecost are from the prophets.

This thread is about the difference between true and false prophets?

The Messiah came and the law was placed in hearts and minds of Israel at Pentecost.

Since we are discussing prophecy, it seems to fit.

What do others see?

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Ezekiel (the book) has false prophets saying everything is going to be ok. and Ezekiel saying (things are not going to be ok now, but will be ok later).

I can discuss this outside this thread at the same time. I think I might can keep the two together at the same time. LOL

eddif

IMHO
The Babylonian dispersion as punishment, is not the same as the Ezekiel dispersion for protection from death.
Where is there a dispersion as protection from death?
The 400 years of silence between OT and NT
is all the time that exists (?).
There is no connection then. Too much time. Those who came at Pentecost from all over weren’t returning because it was safe. It was their annual visit.
A huge amount of the prophecy for the Messiah and Pentecost are from the prophets.
All of it
This thread is about the difference between true and false prophets?
Yes
The Messiah came and the law was placed in hearts and minds of Israel at Pentecost.
To as many as received him, not all.
Since we are discussing prophecy, it seems to fit.

What do others see?

Mississippi redneck
eddif
Let’s see.

Last edited:
Back