Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study How to tell a false “prophet” or “word of of the Lord” from the true

Where is there a dispersion as protection from death?
Ezekiel 6:8 kjv
8. Yet will I leave a remnant, that ye may have some that shall escape the sword among the nations, when ye shall be scattered through the countries.

This next part describes those being protected.

Ezekiel 9:2 kjv
2. And, behold, six men came from the way of the higher gate, which lieth toward the north, and every man a slaughter weapon in his hand; and one man among them wasclothed with linen, with a writer's inkhorn by his side: and they went in, and stood beside the brasen altar.
3. And the glory of the God of Israel was gone up from the cherub, whereupon he was, to the threshold of the house. And he called to the man clothed with linen, which had the writer's inkhorn by his side;
4. And the LORD said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof.

Then the narrow escape
5. And to the others he said in mine hearing, Go ye after him through the city, and smite: let not your eye spare, neither have ye pity:
6. Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom is the mark; and begin at my sanctuary. Then they began at the ancient men which were before the house.
7. And he said unto them, Defile the house, and fill the courts with the slain: go ye forth. And they went forth, and slew in the city.
8. And it came to pass, while they were slaying them, and I was left, that I fell upon my face, and cried, and said, Ah Lord GOD! wilt thou destroy all the residue of Israel in thy pouring out of thy fury upon Jerusalem?
9. Then said he unto me, The iniquity of the house of Israel and Judah is exceeding great, and the land is full of blood, and the city full of perverseness: for they say, The LORD hath forsaken the earth, and the LORD seeth not.
10. And as for me also, mine eye shall not spare, neither will I have pity, but I will recompense their way upon their head.
11. And, behold, the man clothed with linen, which had the inkhorn by his side, reported the matter, saying, I have done as thou hast commanded me.

Just marked in time
How they got carried to nations? It may be in the wheels inside wheels.

You probably saw my ? By time line. I have not exactly established that.

About time and prophecy.
Adam and Eve had hides placed on them. Animals were slain to provide covering of nakedness. (Shedding of blood for the forgiveness of sin)

Jesus shed his blood that we might be clothed with the garment of praise.

Prophecy IMHO can be progressive and repeated in ascending steps over time.

Rednecks just are a work in progress. We ain’t there yet.

eddif

Ezekiel 6:8 kjv
8. Yet will I leave a remnant, that ye may have some that shall escape the sword among the nations, when ye shall be scattered through the countries.

This next part describes those being protected.

Ezekiel 9:2 kjv
2. And, behold, six men came from the way of the higher gate, which lieth toward the north, and every man a slaughter weapon in his hand; and one man among them wasclothed with linen, with a writer's inkhorn by his side: and they went in, and stood beside the brasen altar.
3. And the glory of the God of Israel was gone up from the cherub, whereupon he was, to the threshold of the house. And he called to the man clothed with linen, which had the writer's inkhorn by his side;
4. And the LORD said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof.

Then the narrow escape
5. And to the others he said in mine hearing, Go ye after him through the city, and smite: let not your eye spare, neither have ye pity:
6. Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom is the mark; and begin at my sanctuary. Then they began at the ancient men which were before the house.
7. And he said unto them, Defile the house, and fill the courts with the slain: go ye forth. And they went forth, and slew in the city.
8. And it came to pass, while they were slaying them, and I was left, that I fell upon my face, and cried, and said, Ah Lord GOD! wilt thou destroy all the residue of Israel in thy pouring out of thy fury upon Jerusalem?
9. Then said he unto me, The iniquity of the house of Israel and Judah is exceeding great, and the land is full of blood, and the city full of perverseness: for they say, The LORD hath forsaken the earth, and the LORD seeth not.
10. And as for me also, mine eye shall not spare, neither will I have pity, but I will recompense their way upon their head.
11. And, behold, the man clothed with linen, which had the inkhorn by his side, reported the matter, saying, I have done as thou hast commanded me.
Doesn’t say they were sent in exile as protection, just that they received a mark as a result of their choices.
Just marked in time
How they got carried to nations? It may be in the wheels inside wheels.
I think they walked same as other prisoners. It wasn’t for protection.
You probably saw my ? By time line. I have not exactly established that.

About time and prophecy.
Adam and Eve had hides placed on them. Animals were slain to provide covering of nakedness. (Shedding of blood for the forgiveness of sin)

Jesus shed his blood that we might be clothed with the garment of praise.

Prophecy IMHO can be progressive and repeated in ascending steps over time.

Rednecks just are a work in progress. We ain’t there yet.

eddif
Ok

Doesn’t say they were sent in exile as protection, just that they received a mark as a result of their choices.
Did you read Ezekiel 6:8

They did not seem to be in Jerusalem the whole time.

Ezekiel 11:16 kjv
16. Therefore say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Although I have cast them far off among the heathen, and although I have scattered them among the countries, yet will I be to them as a little sanctuary in the countries where they shall come.

eddif

16. Therefore say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Although I have cast them far off among the heathen, and although I have scattered them among the countries, yet will I be to them as a little sanctuary in the countries where they shall come.

eddif
Still doesn’t say they were sent away as protection. They were sent away as punishment.

eddif
Acts 2:5 kjv
5. And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.

1. The Ezekiel people who sighed over the sins of Israel were sent (by God) into captivity to save them. For generations they were scattered among the nations. During religious festivals they went to Jerusalem to worship (sometimes bringing

Acts 2:6 kjv
6. Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language.

An indicator of their still living in foreign lands were their dispersion languages. Festival of tents (?) would indicate ceremonial living in Jerusalem (?). I do not know all rhe festivals D-D-W may know?

Acts 2:7 kjv
7. And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans?
8. And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?
9. Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia,
10.Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes,
11. Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.

2. The dispersed Jews brought converted foreigners with them to worship at Jerusalem.

Where were the good Jews? In dispersion.

How did they get to Pentecost. They were drawn by God.
If animals could come to the ark of Noah, surely his people could be called home.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Last edited:
Acts 2:5 kjv
5. And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.

1. The Ezekiel people who sighed over the sins of Israel were sent (by God) into captivity to save them.
No scripture says this. They were being punished, not saved. It’s like saying the slaves sent to the US were sent by God to protect and save them.
For generations they were scattered among the nations. During religious festivals they went to Jerusalem to worship (sometimes bringing
Sone were converts whose ancestors were never descendants of Jacob. And the exiles eventually returned long before Pentecost.
Acts 2:6 kjv
6. Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language.
Well they were visiting the city anyway.
An indicator of their still living in foreign lands were their dispersion languages. Festival of tents (?) would indicate ceremonial living in Jerusalem (?). I do not know all rhe festivals D-D-W may know?
Israel had returned from exile long before. That 1st century Jews and converts traveled to Jerusalem is not at all connected to the dispersion.
Acts 2:7 kjv
7. And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans?
8. And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?
9. Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia,
10.Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes,
11. Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.
Yes, Jews made up a large percentage of the Roman world including many living in Rome.
2. The dispersed Jews brought converted foreigners with them to worship at Jerusalem.
They were not dispersed. They simply moved there freely as Jews do today.
Where were the good Jews? In dispersion.
Not millennia after they’d returned from dispersion.
How did they get to Pentecost. They were drawn by God.
Well it was tradition.
If animals could come to the ark of Noah, surely his people could be called home.
Except He didn’t say He did that. They went every year to the Jewish celebration, every year.
Mississippi redneck
eddif
You can decide to make up stuff, I guess, but know that’s what you’re doing. Don’t expect history to back up your theory. Being sent into slavery isn’t considered being “saved” by the slaves.

Back