Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

Humans and our Animals.

Is it a sin to look upon certaint animals as family members or is it a thread leading back to our ancestral connection to Adam and Eve? I live in rural Arkansas and interact with livestock ,dogs and cats . Our connection to certain animals is almost that of a parent - child level.

If it is not by and in faith in Jesus, obeying and to the glory and honor of God , it is sin.
Same for all that is done, everywhere, every day.

Is it a sin to look upon certain animals as family members or is it a thread leading back to our ancestral connection to Adam and Eve? I live in rural Arkansas and interact with livestock ,dogs and cats . Our connection to certain animals is almost that of a parent - child level.

All my pets have always been family members, and yes, they are like children. They each have their own psyche and personality, and they depend on us to provide for them just like children. They also obey and disobey in differing degrees much like children do.

Greetings and welcome to Christian Forums. If I may, what brought about this question? Are you wondering about how to treat your pets or something?

Blessings in Christ, and welcome once again.
Hidden

Is it a sin to look upon certaint animals as family members or is it a thread leading back to our ancestral connection to Adam and Eve? I live in rural Arkansas and interact with livestock ,dogs and cats . Our connection to certain animals is almost that of a parent - child level.

I think it denies God's order of things to have affection for an animal that is on par with what you might have for a human being. No cat or dog is made in the image of God; Jesus didn't sacrifice himself on the cross for cows, or lizards, or parakeets; the Holy Spirit doesn't indwell hamsters, or guppies, or bunny rabbits. I know some folk who seem to think otherwise, however, believing their pets are equal in value to those for whom Christ died. One gal I know kiboshed her wedding when it came to light that her fiancee didn't want her dogs along on the honeymoon! I've heard childless couples capable of having children say that they much prefer their pets to actual children and intend never to be parents but merely pet-owners. This sort of stuff is a grotesque distortion of God's order of priorities.

Human beings are "a little lower than the angels" (Hebrews 2:6-7) and have been given dominion over the earth and all of its inhabitants (Genesis 1:26-27). No animal occupies this same place with human beings. What's more, in Scripture, we never see animals treated in the manner they are today in North America, where many millions of dollars are spent every year on pet care. No animal in the Bible is set on par with people, having its own bed, and toys, and clothing. Instead, animals were for eating, and for working, and for pulling chariots and for riding, and for sacrifices to God.

No Christian ought to be cruel to animals, of course, nor are Christians forbidden in Scripture from having pets, but the institution of animals into the position of children, functioning as surrogates for them and given the same attention and affection as a human child, or the elevation in value of any animal above any human, is a corruption of what God intends to be the case between human beings and animals, I think.

Having said this, I realize that when folks say their pets are "like children," they don't necessarily mean that they occupy the same place as a child would in a family but only that there are similarities between what's required to care for a pet and the care required of a human child.

Here are a few scriptures about taking care of animals as we care for them like being pets. We have a cat and she is our fur baby as we take care of her needs and give her toys to play with for exercise. She goes in and out during the day, but has to come in at dusk so the Coyotes and Fisher Cats don't get her.

Genesis 1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

2Samuel 12:3 But the poor man had nothing, save one little ewe lamb, which he had bought and nourished up: and it grew up together with him, and with his children; it did eat of his own meat, and drank of his own cup, and lay in his bosom, and was unto him as a daughter.

Job 30:1 But now they that are younger than I have me in derision, whose fathers I would have disdained to have set with the dogs of my flock.

Proverbs 12:10 A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast: but the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel.

Ecc 3:19 For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity.
Ecc 3:20 All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again.

Isa 11:6 The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.

I know one person with a cat and they feed it fresh salmon. The cat eats better than humans. If I had a cat it's eating cat food and if it don't appreciate the free food then it can go hunt itself and get its own.

That's the thing with pets, if you feed them luxury they gone expect it all the time, like a dog or cat ain't going to eat cat and dog food if you been feeding it fresh salmon and prime steaks.

Last edited:
While humans are hungry some people are feeding there dogs roast lamb with mint sauce and gravy for breakfast and there cat a surf and turf with the freshest salmon and lobster on top of a wagyu steak fillet.

While humans are hungry some people are feeding there dogs roast lamb with mint sauce and gravy for breakfast and there cat a surf and turf with the freshest salmon and lobster on top of a wagyu steak fillet.
Picture of hawkman going to breakfast at cat friend's house .:lol

mens-elegant-cat-mascot-costume.jpg

Dogs are loyal because they know you are the one who is giving them free food because the scavenging instinct is deeply ingrained in dogs. All a dog thinks about is food so it's always waiting and hoping you will give it something to eat.

Last edited:
Talking about cats, some cat just randomly entered my property and is outside my door, I don't know what its doing just being a cat i guess and roaming around as its night probably hunting or scavenging and thinking it might find some food or a mouse or lizard or something, as long as it don't go over the other side of the fence because the dog is somewhere around, last time a cat went in the yard the dog went insane and I never seen a cat jump so high it scaled the big fence in one attempt and got away by like a split second.

Last edited:
On the other hand, some hungry people are eating cats and dogs !

I'm not sure why lions are believed to rule the land when they are not the strongest land animal pound for pound.

Last edited:
I don't call bobcats ,panthers ,puma ,tigers cats .

Florida has a panther and a bobcat ,puma as well

Back