Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Hunting the Whore of Babylon

Shilohsfoal said:
Rev 18;24
And in her was found the blood of prophets,and of saints,and of all that were slain upon the earth.

Mt 23;35
That upon you may come all the rightous blood shed upon the earth,from the blood of rightous Abel unto the blood of Zechariah son of Barachias,whom ye slew between the temple and the alter.

Who you ask?Jerusalem
Mt 23;37
O Jerusalem,Jerusalem,thou that killest the prophets,and stonest them which are sent unto thee,how often would I have gatherd thy children together,even as a hen gathereth her children under her wings,and ye would not!
No need to hunt anylonger.Jesus told it like it is.
Rome killed Christians by hundreds of thousands.
1 Peter 5:13
She who is in Babylon, chosen together with you, sends you her greetings, and so does my son Mark. Simon Peter (Greek: ??????, Pétros “Stone, Rockâ€, Kephas or sometimes Cephas in Hellenized Aramaic) (c.1 – 67 AD/CE) was a leader of the early Christian Church, who features prominently in the New Testament Gospels and the Acts of the Apostles. Peter was the son of John, and was from the village of Bethsaida in the province of Galilee. His brother Andrew was also an apostle.
After having been the Bishop of Antioch and having preached to the ones who were scattered (i.e., Jews and Hebrew Christians.), in Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia and Bithynia, Peter went to Rome. In the second year of Claudius, he overthrew Simon Magus, and held the Sacerdotal Chair for 25 years. At the hand of Nero, he is said to have been put to death.
Peter's crucifixion.
According to the 1911 Catholic Encyclopedia, St. Peter labored in Rome during the last portion of his life, and there ended his life by martyrdom. The death of St. Peter is attested to by Tertullian at the end of the second century, and by Origen in Eusebius, Church History II.1. Origen says: "Peter was crucified at Rome with his head downwards, as he himself had desired to suffer".
The See of Rome is traditionally said to be founded by Peter and Paul, see also Primacy of Simon Peter, who had invested it with apostolic authority. The New Testament says nothing directly about Peter's connection to Rome, but an early Catholic tradition supports such a connection. St. Ignatius of Antioch implies that Peter and Paul had special authority over the Roman church. It is said that Paul was beheaded in Rome.

mylon said:
"Secular history and tradition tell us that "Nimrod" married a woman who was as evil and demonic as himself. Her name was "Semerimus". Knowing God's promise of a future Savior (Gen. 3:15), Semerimus brazenly claimed that "Tammuz", her first son, fulfilled this prophecy.
Semerimus thereupon instituted a religious system which made both her and her son the objects of divine worship. She herself became the first high priestess. Thus began the Mother-child cult which later spread all over the world. The city of Babylon was the seat of Satan worship until it fell, in 539 B.C., to the Persians."

I believe the accounts you mention involving Nimrod and Semiramus are neither considered secular history or tradition; they are simply old myths. The earliest legends that even remotely link Semiramus to the Biblical Nimrod only date back to the Assyrians, and the Babylonian historian Berosus denied that the Babylonian Semiramus stories had any historical validity. Now according to secular history and tradition, there was an Assyrian queen named Sammu-rammat who reigned somewhere around 800-700BC who was viewed as the incarnation of the Great Mother goddess and later deified. But I doubt you would be able to look up any book on Babylonian religious history and locate an ancient goddess named Semiramus with a husband named Nimrod and a son named Tammuz who built the original Babylon. It’s simply not an idea found in ancient Babylonian cosmology.

The information you provided from Willmington's Guide usually finds its source in the writings of men like Alexander Hislop and Ralph Woodrow (who now admits Hislop was in error). Hislop got his info about Semiramus from Eusebius, who got his from Josephus, who got his from people like Diodorus Siculus and Castor, men who claimed Zeus had been battling the Titans during the rise of Assyria and that Semiramus was born of the gods. Again, we’re talking about myths here, not history or tradition.

“Had the Ctesian tradition of Semiramidian conquest really formed a chapter of the genuine Babylonian registers, it is very unlikely that a native annalist would have suppressed one so glorious to his own nation. But Berosus, like Herodotus, knows nothing of a primeval Semiramis, the foundress of Babylon and conqueress of the trans-Asiastic world. He pointedly repudiates the fables related of her by the Greeks, and like Herodotus, reduces her to an ordinary sovereign of one of the later Assyrian dynasties.â€
(A Critical History of the Language and Literature of Ancient Greece, Vol. 5, pg. 492)

In Christ,

Acts6:5

Mt 23;37
O Jerusalem,Jerusalem,thou that killest the prophets,and stonest them which are sent unto thee,how often would I have gatherd thy children together,even as a hen gathereth her children under her wings,and ye would not!

MDO
I rather listen to Jesus than you.If Jesus says that Jerusalem is responsible for all the blood shed upon the earth then so be it.Who are you to say he is wrong?

Shilohsfoal said:
Mt 23;37

MDO
I rather listen to Jesus than you.If Jesus says that Jerusalem is responsible for all the blood shed upon the earth then so be it.Who are you to say he is wrong?
This is where you are in error: There are two dragons, and there are many beast/nations. The Jews get blamed because they did not accept the message of the Kingdom being preached; as a result chaos from the beast resulted.

No, the "Jews" get blamed because the Bible points to them! They are the focus of much prophecy, but many people feel the need to interject extra Biblical sources that may compromise or contradict scripture altogether.

I know it's a quantum leap for many to accept this Biblical truth. It will cause you to reevaluate some or most of what you may believe about prophecy and end times.

This is what will happen next:

Zechariah 12  The burden of the word of the LORD for Israel, saith the LORD, which stretcheth forth the heavens, and layeth the foundation of the earth, and formeth the spirit of man within him. Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem. And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it.

Jeremiah 51:49  As Babylon hath caused the slain of Israel to fall, so at Babylon shall fall the slain of all the earth.

please note the distinctions of who causes what

Revelation 18:21.Then a mighty angel picked up a boulder the size of a large millstone and threw it into the sea, and said:
"With such violence
the great city of Babylon will be thrown down,
never to be found again.

22The music of harpists and musicians, flute players and trumpeters,
will never be heard in you again.
No workman of any trade
will ever be found in you again.
The sound of a millstone
23The light of a lamp will never shine in you again.
The voice of bridegroom and bride
Your merchants were the world's great men.
By your magic spell all the nations were led astray.
24In her was found the blood of prophets and of the saints,
and of all who have been killed on the earth."
The Romans and the Roman Catholics have killed Paul and Peter, and Christians in the hundreds of thousands. That can not be said of Israel. A little horn is a small kingdom. So who is the smallest country in the world?

Geo said:
This is what will happen next:

Zechariah 12  The burden of the word of the LORD for Israel, saith the LORD, which stretcheth forth the heavens, and layeth the foundation of the earth, and formeth the spirit of man within him. Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem. And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it.

Jeremiah 51:49  As Babylon hath caused the slain of Israel to fall, so at Babylon shall fall the slain of all the earth.

please note the distinctions of who causes what
Good post and studying. Israel survives, and a certain Babylon is completly destroyed. Could it be the symbolic Babylon called Mystery Babylon?

Vic C. said:
No, the "Jews" get blamed because the Bible points to them! They are the focus of much prophecy, but many people feel the need to interject extra Biblical sources that may compromise or contradict scripture altogether.

I know it's a quantum leap for many to accept this Biblical truth. It will cause you to reevaluate some or most of what you may believe about prophecy and end times.
For sure a lot is said about Israel, but we should not forget that other nations and peoples are prophesied about.

Mdo: "Israel survives, and a certain Babylon is completly destroyed. Could it be the symbolic Babylon called Mystery Babylon?"

Well, ....... In this case of Jeremiah's Babylon of chapter 50 and 51 one can fill a whole page here to prove who that is. It's a different view than yours, and I saw it only after reading everything about the masonic/jesuit power struggle for domination. I do not know what power sharing arrangement these have, however I found that one side has a higher order they have yet to answer to, the masonic side. Not all roads lead to Rome, some lead to England.

Rome is only half of the story. The other part (that is yet hidden) is London, but the outward tool of that other part is America, that has a mother at that time that will be ' sore confounded" over her passing. And her mother is indeed England. How do we know that?

Jeremiah 50:12  Your mother shall be sore confounded; she that bare you shall be ashamed: behold, the hindermost of the nations shall be a wilderness, a dry land, and a desert.

Because her child is "the hindermost" of the nations.

When we read the continuation of Zechariah 12 we see that the remant in Jerusalem will come to the Lord Jesus. From other sources in the Bible we know it will be 1/3. As a result the remnant (1 third) in Jerusalem (physical Israel) will come to the faith in Jesus all of them in 1 day, while 2/3 will be slain. Globally we know also that 1/3 will die at that time, personally I think this will be called WW3 while we're still here. We do not know how many in Babylon will survive, only that the Lord said:

Jeremiah 51:9  We would have healed Babylon, but she is not healed: forsake her, and let us go every one into his own country: for her judgment reacheth unto heaven, and is lifted up even to the skies.

Survivors will go back to their country of origin before the foundation, all immigrants to their own country they left

Jeremiah 51:50  Ye that have escaped the sword, go away, stand not still: remember the LORD afar off, and let Jerusalem come into your mind.

Here we see that Jerusalem is still standing, and now becomes an actual option to "have in mind".

mdo757 said:

First, the numbers are highly suspect, even IF refering to the Roman Empire's intermittent persecution of Christians for 200 years.

Second, "Rome" refers to Imperial Rome.

Revelation refers to either Rome itself, the capital of the "world" (Vatican sits outside of Rome) or Jerusalem.

It is ludicrous to attempt to claim that John is speaking of his own Church... He is speaking of the persecuting Roman Empire or the persecuting Jews, who persecuted the prophets from the beginning, and it is outside of Jerusalem that the Lord was slain. It also is surrounded by 7 hills, as well...

Rome is the city that sits on 7 hills ( Google it).

Rome is responsible for killing over 50 Million Christians.

Rome taught unbiblical doctrines.

What more do we need to identify the beast :gah

francisdesales said:
mdo757 said:

First, the numbers are highly suspect, even IF refering to the Roman Empire's intermittent persecution of Christians for 200 years.

Second, "Rome" refers to Imperial Rome.

Revelation refers to either Rome itself, the capital of the "world" (Vatican sits outside of Rome) or Jerusalem.

It is ludicrous to attempt to claim that John is speaking of his own Church... He is speaking of the persecuting Roman Empire or the persecuting Jews, who persecuted the prophets from the beginning, and it is outside of Jerusalem that the Lord was slain. It also is surrounded by 7 hills, as well...
It is said that the Catholics are responsible for the death of millions, but I thought I would give a more modest number. The Roman government became the Vatican. Rome was divided Pagans against the Christians. As a leader Constantine the Great wanted to unite the Roman empire. Constantine the Great was also the Pagan high priest until the day he died. Think about that.

interpreter said:
mdo757 said:
interpreter said:
Moscow is the great whore that sits on 7 hills and many waters (5 seas).
Are you making a joke?
I'm serious as a heart attack. There are many cities that sit on 7 hills, but only one that sits on 5 seas.
Your to literal. The sea/ocean/ waters are people and nations. The word sea being used is not literal, but a parable.

mdo757 said:
It is said that the Catholics are responsible for the death of millions...

By Jack Chick and his gullible readers who will believe anything written in cartoons...

I have yet to see any sort of evidence to even suggest such a number. Maybe you are blaming Catholics for the Black Plague...

mdo757 said:
but I thought I would give a more modest number. The Roman government became the Vatican.

You don't have a clue on your ancient Roman history, do you...

That's like saying the Iroquois Confedaration became the United States. The two are not related in the slightest except for geography...

mdo757 said:
Rome was divided Pagans against the Christians. As a leader Constantine the Great wanted to unite the Roman empire. Constantine the Great was also the Pagan high priest until the day he died. Think about that.

Half truths. The Roman Emperor, as part of his position, was the "high priest" of ALL religions in the Empire. That was a political fact. He was responsible for keeping peace in the Empire, and so when several sections of Catholics began to discuss whether Jesus was TRUE God or not, HE called a Council of Catholic Bishops to settle the issue at Nicea in 325. This had nothing to do with any sort of theological reality that the Emperor was also the CULTIC leader of all religions... Thus, your assertions are incorrect.

Ema said:
Rome is the city that sits on 7 hills ( Google it).

Rome is responsible for killing over 50 Million Christians.

Rome taught unbiblical doctrines.

What more do we need to identify the beast :gah

Don't forget that Rome also killed the dinosaurs... :biglol

francisdesales said:
mdo757 said:
It is said that the Catholics are responsible for the death of millions...

By Jack Chick and his gullible readers who will believe anything written in cartoons...

I have yet to see any sort of evidence to even suggest such a number. Maybe you are blaming Catholics for the Black Plague...

mdo757 said:
but I thought I would give a more modest number. The Roman government became the Vatican.

You don't have a clue on your ancient Roman history, do you...

That's like saying the Iroquois Confedaration became the United States. The two are not related in the slightest except for geography...

mdo757 said:
Rome was divided Pagans against the Christians. As a leader Constantine the Great wanted to unite the Roman empire. Constantine the Great was also the Pagan high priest until the day he died. Think about that.

Half truths. The Roman Emperor, as part of his position, was the "high priest" of ALL religions in the Empire. That was a political fact. He was responsible for keeping peace in the Empire, and so when several sections of Catholics began to discuss whether Jesus was TRUE God or not, HE called a Council of Catholic Bishops to settle the issue at Nicea in 325. This had nothing to do with any sort of theological reality that the Emperor was also the CULTIC leader of all religions... Thus, your assertions are incorrect.
Was Constantine a Roman? Is the Vatican in Rome? Before Constantine's claim to Christianity ON HIS DEATH BED, he was a Pagan, and he was the high priest. After becoming emperor of Rome he began to introduce new doctrines for Christianity. naturally the original Christians objected to Paganism being joined to God and Christ. Then came the Christian wars. Now how many people do you think lost their life? The persecution of Rome and afterward the Catholics lasted more than a thousand years. Another thing, Constantine had his Pagan soldiers ride through a stream of water, and afterward he pronounced that they were Christians. Were the Pagans now Christians by the Pagan high priest decree?

Back