Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Husband has Covid

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Just took two pneumonia episodes, two malaria attacks, childhood hay fever and a Covid 19 attack to get the word out,

Satin just never learns. He would have been better off not trying to destroy.

1 Corinthians 2:8 kjv
8. Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

We are symbols, but the focus is on recognizing Jesus.

eddif

Symbolism is hidden knowledge pointing to something much greater.

John 20:22 kjv
22. And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:

Kind of like pursed lip breath not just breath out through your mouth (make a noise / blow out a candle).

John 20:21 kjv
21. Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.

Now that is why he breathed. He was fulfilling his calling from the Father. Telling them what they would receive at Jerusalem.

Acts 2:2 kjv
2. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
3. And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
Acts 2:4

So the day Jesus breathed on them was not the important day.

The Day they heard the mighty rushing wind is The Day of Pentecost ( so that is why he breathed on us - so we would understand receiving power), that was the important day.

We receive power to breath out (how to become witness instructions to others).

It has taken Covid to make the message known. Rednecks are slow learners. I think it is slowly getting clearer.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Not sure your point but people should have Holy Spirit in and upon them. :)

Not sure your point but people should have Holy Spirit in and upon them. :)
The day of Pentecost is when the Holy Spirit was given. When he breathed on them he was hinting (prophesying) that when the mighty wind was heard they should receive the Holy Spirit.

Amos 3:7 kjv
7. Surely the Lord GOD does nothing without revealing His plan to His servants the prophets.

He was letting everyone know what was about to happen.

eddif

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back